I❤️JV

It is time to talk about Jonas Valanciunas

this was one of the best move the front office made 

nice article, but one of the great benefits of JV is in the locker room and away from the court.  In Toronto his team mates loved and respected him, coaches found him coachable and approachable....this is not to say he doesnt shout back(rarely) at the coach while on the floor during the game if he disagrees, or stands tall and in your face to an opponent that crosses the line with a him or a team mate, or argue with a ref...

And JV appreciates this team and ownership and the fans....I think and hope he is part of the solution going forward.

I believe J,V could be 25 /14  player

2 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

Uhh but you always talk Jonas Valanciunas, well and you always talk about the Jonas Brothers too(I'm not sure if you realize that Jonas is not a part of the Jonas Brothers)

2 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Uhh but you always talk Jonas Valanciunas, well and you always talk about the Jonas Brothers too(I'm not sure if you realize that Jonas is not a part of the Jonas Brothers)

Maybe not, but Tony Brothers is  🙂 

I thought this was going to be a trade JV thread until I saw the link

I ❤️ JV  but I really don't like I ❤️JV.

Forealz last year I was one of his top fans here ....but his country fans this year (some)are such a turn off (not recently) that it turn me into a JV hater.

JV needs to be the 3rd option in scoring on some nights. He's pretty good.  

10 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Forealz last year I was one of his top fans here ....but his country fans this year (some)are such a turn off (not recently) that it turn me into a JV hater.

let it go..... :)

11 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Many people here feel the same

I think it's pretty awesome we get new fans because of one player. Especially fans from halfway across the world. 

My Lithuanian heritage also makes me want to root for JV more. 

Has anyone noticed how similar he and Travis Kelce look? Noticed this when watching the Chiefs game on sunday. 

Related image

11 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

I think it's pretty awesome we get new fans because of one player. Especially fans from halfway across the world. 

Has anyone noticed how similar he and Travis Kelce look? Noticed this when watching the Chiefs game on sunday. 

Related image

dang that's eerie! 

By and large the JV fans are a great addition to the boards(seriously, do you remember the Darko fans?). Even the most unrepentant ones have contributed positively and shown knowledge and love for the sport (I’d swear Lithuanian kids learn to take jump shots before they learn to walk). I hope most of them remain Grizzlies fans when/if Jonas leaves.

50 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Related image

Are you suggesting all Lithuanians look the same?

tenor.gif

j/k :P

14 hours ago, costarica2 said:

oh no...omg people are so cruel ...i am going to cry now... 

2 hours ago, russian grizzly said:

Many people here feel the same

...and to think what we Lithuanians did for the Russian people...ungrateful...

I think JV is a long-term piece.  Man, it looks like you still need a guy like that in today's league (Plus, I think the league is gradually getting bigger/longer again).

So... save up some money to resign him once his current deal is over.

I am really liking our top 9 or 10 guys.  How do we keep 'em all???

I think we should keep our Ja/Jaren/Clarke/Jonas/Melton/Dillon/Grayson/Slo Mo core, see about keeping Crowder then retool/tweak the back end of our bench from year to year (shorter contracts, draft well, get more picks, go after cheap utility players that fill needs).

Maybe we just add high volume/moderate volume 3 point shooters, extra bigs, a solid small forward, and draft BPA every year or so as this core enters its PRIME.

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I hope most of them remain Grizzlies fans when/if Jonas leaves.

Hope so, but that's usually not the case. I remember when Pau and Marc were here in their respective stints a lot of Spanish fans were Grizzlies fans... when we were winning. Not a lot of fellow countrymen nowadays I think... 

10 minutes ago, JWill4L said:

Hope so, but that's usually not the case. I remember when Pau and Marc were here in their respective stints a lot of Spanish fans were Grizzlies fans... when we were winning. Not a lot of fellow countrymen nowadays I think... 

You, me, Elillo, and a few lurkers. Still, that counts for what, 20% of all active posters?

:P

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

...and to think what we Lithuanians did for the Russian people...ungrateful...

I don’t give a fk about this racist sheep, as all intelligent people do, and suggest you follow them at least in this regard.