Ace-is-high

Keeping Melton

8 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I keep forgetting about Yuta.  I'd rather bring him up then continue any longer with Bruno.   Yuta has more actual BB skill and is long and athletic.   If he develops a real 3pt shot then he is immediate rotation player. 

Wonder what the plan is with Konchar too.   Dude is basically the shorter version of Kyle Anderson.   Fills up stat sheet, plays tough defense but refuses to shoot from distance.  

1. Bruno is our next “Whiteside”. He is already an elite rim protecter and a good 3pt shooter altogether. And that makes his agent think that Bruno deserves a pretty decent contract in the current NBA. Unfortunately, I have to agree with his agent. So my understanding is that our FO is now trying to “convince” Bruno that he should sign a bridge deal (2-3 years for 3-4 m each); otherwise, they are threatening that in summer he will enter the open market as a UFA with 0 stats. 
2. Yuta is sf unlike Bruno, who is c/pf. Yuta is a nice guy but his ceiling is quite low. He  still can be an impactful bench player in NBA. Or not. 
3. Kanchar is a guard first of all. His soft legs are his only weakness. I doubt he will be ever able to defend one-on-one at the NBA level, though his ability to impact the game by a variety of ways is spectacular.

For the First time in team history the Memphis grizzlies seem like they found a super star and some GREAT young players . for this team to WIN  a TITLE. becomes we are a small market the grizzlies will need some players willng not to take a MAX contract, this team will not go way OVER  the cap , then they would start trading some of there great young players and then we start over again 

I don.t think it will happen BUT that the only way I could see them winning a title .big markets like L.A will go way over because they can , and we can.t 

9 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

1. Bruno is our next “Whiteside”. He is already an elite rim protecter and a good 3pt shooter altogether. And that makes his agent think that Bruno deserves a pretty decent contract in the current NBA. Unfortunately, I have to agree with his agent. So my understanding is that our FO is now trying to “convince” Bruno that he should sign a bridge deal (2-3 years for 3-4 m each); otherwise, they are threatening that in summer he will enter the open market as a UFA with 0 stats. 

Bruno's problem is that he needs real minutes to have an impact; but he isn't a better option over the guys we currently have slotted at PF.   If we didn't have SloMo then i could see the logic in keeping him.   So did you hear all that from insider sources or is that speculation??

11 minutes ago, russian grizzly said:

2. Yuta is sf unlike Bruno, who is c/pf. Yuta is a nice guy but his ceiling is quite low. He  still can be an impactful bench player in NBA. Or not. 
3. Kanchar is a guard first of all. His soft legs are his only weakness. I doubt he will be ever able to defend one-on-one at the NBA level, though his ability to impact the game by a variety of ways is spectacular.

Both of them suffer from "Low Ceilingitis" but at least Yuta has physical profile to get minutes in the NBA.   He could be a useful end of bench guy.   

13 minutes ago, lions said:

go back and look at his salary compare to bird /magic Johnson. Michael Jordan said he knows his is under paid , put his want to win titles , go back and look at his last 2 season with the Washington wiz  then he got paid

MJ was the first player ever to sign a contract worth over $20m. He was "underpaid" relative to newer players since he had signed an earlier contract, but as soon as he was able to sign a new contract he got paid quite handsomely.

For the 96-97 season he made $30.14 million...the next highest paid player was Horace Grant at $14.86 million. Adjusted for inflation he made $49.27 million that year.

For the 97-98 season he made $33.140 million...the next highest paid player was Patrick Ewing at $20.50 million. Adjusted for inflation he made $52.95 million that year.

He actually made peanuts when he went to the Wizards - right around $1 million each of the two years.

So while I don't want to say you're completely wrong...MJ never willingly took a pay cut or put a will to win titles above getting paid.

Just now, ACGrizz said:

MJ was the first player ever to sign a contract worth over $20m. He was "underpaid" relative to newer players since he had signed an earlier contract, but as soon as he was able to sign a new contract he got paid quite handsomely.

For the 96-97 season he made $30.14 million...the next highest paid player was Horace Grant at $14.86 million. Adjusted for inflation he made $49.27 million that year.

For the 97-98 season he made $33.140 million...the next highest paid player was Patrick Ewing at $20.50 million. Adjusted for inflation he made $52.95 million that year.

He actually made peanuts when he went to the Wizards - right around $1 million each of the two years.

So while I don't want to say you're completely wrong...MJ never willingly took a pay cut or put a will to win titles above getting paid.

answer me this ,DO YOU think the Memphis grizzlies  will go way over the cap to win a title, yes or no

3 minutes ago, lions said:

answer me this ,DO YOU think the Memphis grizzlies  will go way over the cap to win a title, yes or no

Pera bought the team before the 2012-2013 season and the team remained over the cap every season they made the playoffs. So sure, I'll play along - yes, the Grizzlies would easily go over the cap if they thought it meant contending for a title.

Bruno "should" be a good fit at the 5 or whatever you would classify him as in lineups next to Jaren.  Then you put that Ja/Melton/Dillon trio (that I have been hearing so much about) next to those bigs.

As far as the starting small forward position goes, we can probably just go with Solo Man and Yuta in place of Jae Crowder for like 1/3rd of the price.  Preferably, NONE of those 3 start, but you can make a case for each being a solid bench piece.  

The free agency market looks weak for potential 3 and D starting small forward types.

Should we overpay Jae Crowder?  He is starting now and taking 9 shots per game.  He is better off as a bench guy taking 5 or 6 shots per night, so how much would that be worth?  He does have value though as an ideal combo small ball stretch four off the bench. So that adds value to his role as a veteran small forward toughie.

22 minutes ago, lions said:

yes ...we are wayy over now....but not going into luxury tax....

#priority this guy makes me wonder if he is the perfect partner for Ja. If his 3s starting to drop he might be starting material next to Dillon.

Maybe the future is already here:

Ja/Melton/Dillon/Clarke/Jaren