Subliminal

Who plays 2K20 w Grizz?

Recommended Posts

Before I get into specifics, who plays? I’m on xbone btw, but PS4 peeps pls chime in  I’m looking to get better w the new Grizz, I am terrible with JJJ. Need tips. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s tough because it’s hard to get set 3s. He always migrated toward the rim. His postgame is strong and he’s a monster defensively. Just need to find a way to keep him around the perimeter. 
b Clarke is the funnest dude to play with. His vert is insane 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run a lot of pick and roll but if I run into a team that defends a certain way I really struggle. 

 

I use Grayson and Dillon a lot on the “quick” style plays for a nice 3 or you can select “receive screen” for another way to get a shot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I spent weeks learning Ja's jumper and just running in to dunk. Miss WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY too many jumpers in this game in general 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside jumpers are basically impossible to hit consistently in 2k, it's been one of the biggest weaknesses in the game for a few years now. Unless the shooter is wide open and you get a perfect green release, you'll struggle. I can't hit more than 7-8 threes a game. I'm about 35 games into a Grizz season, I've made some trades - Will Barton comes off the bench, John Henson is my backup C, and I traded Jonas for Bogdanovic (SAC) so now I'm going with a starting 5 of Ja, Brooks, Bogdanovic, Clarke, JJJ. 

My advice would be just run the PnR alot with Ja/JJJ or Ja/Clarke. Brooks is a good shooter off screens so run some floppy/motion plays to get him open. Most importantly, play with pace and run in transition alot, 2k has always been a tough game to score in the half-court, the best way to get good looks is to run run run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it’s kind of annoying when I play my friend he always just blows straight past w Kendrick Nunn when I’ve got Jonas and Jaren just standing there letting him if I’m controlling the pg. is there any setting that will make them collapse onto the fast break guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have not played a game in years  last game I played was atari

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, lions said:

I have not played a game in years  last game I played was atari

Dreadnaught was a pretty tight game on Atari 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TT_Grizz said:

Outside jumpers are basically impossible to hit consistently in 2k, it's been one of the biggest weaknesses in the game for a few years now. Unless the shooter is wide open and you get a perfect green release, you'll struggle. I can't hit more than 7-8 threes a game. I'm about 35 games into a Grizz season, I've made some trades - Will Barton comes off the bench, John Henson is my backup C, and I traded Jonas for Bogdanovic (SAC) so now I'm going with a starting 5 of Ja, Brooks, Bogdanovic, Clarke, JJJ. 

My advice would be just run the PnR alot with Ja/JJJ or Ja/Clarke. Brooks is a good shooter off screens so run some floppy/motion plays to get him open. Most importantly, play with pace and run in transition alot, 2k has always been a tough game to score in the half-court, the best way to get good looks is to run run run. 

The jumpers seem worse this year than any other year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jumpers are all about who you shoot with and their hot zones. Unfortunately the Grizzlies don’t have that kind of shooters in 2k’s opinion, so I spend most of my time running Ja/BC or Jonas pick and rolls and pick and pops with Jaren. And I make sure every time I get a rebound I’m looking for the outlet to Ja and the lob at the rim for any of the bigs or wings. 
 

The Grizzlies as a my career option are my favorite team. I make BC look like the second coming of wilt but Ja is severely underutilized because he’s basically a spot up in the corner guy since my SG is the primary ball handler. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/14/2020 at 2:35 AM, King Dork said:

Jumpers are all about who you shoot with and their hot zones. Unfortunately the Grizzlies don’t have that kind of shooters in 2k’s opinion, so I spend most of my time running Ja/BC or Jonas pick and rolls and pick and pops with Jaren. And I make sure every time I get a rebound I’m looking for the outlet to Ja and the lob at the rim for any of the bigs or wings. 
 

The Grizzlies as a my career option are my favorite team. I make BC look like the second coming of wilt but Ja is severely underutilized because he’s basically a spot up in the corner guy since my SG is the primary ball handler. 

Gonna try that in a game this morning and see if I do any better. Need to get better with JJJ at 3s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, grizzdafuture said:

Glad to see our guys getting bumps in ratings. Well everyone except Jaren. He definitely should be atleast 84/85 with Ja.

Agree! I notice the last update JV and BC went a point higher but not JJJ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I luckily have my two buddies I play with who are respective bulls and suns fans so it’s a fair matchup. I need to try playing online more because I see they have ranking system now. 

I couldn’t stand playing online in the past bc it’s just constantly really experienced ppl playing as golden state making shots from half court over and over. 

Never been a fan of playing the computer either so it’s mostly against my two friends who play whenever we get a chance:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Subliminal said:

I luckily have my two buddies I play with who are respective bulls and suns fans so it’s a fair matchup. I need to try playing online more because I see they have ranking system now. 

I couldn’t stand playing online in the past bc it’s just constantly really experienced ppl playing as golden state making shots from half court over and over. 

Never been a fan of playing the computer either so it’s mostly against my two friends who play whenever we get a chance:(

Enjoy the lag haha. Sometimes I feel like the shot meter moves slower on in Head 2 head games.

 

Also. JJJ release point people. How did you get use to it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think I figured out to let last night to let go of the shot button early. Was hitting way more jumpers. Don’t notice much lag but maybe that’s why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Subliminal said:

I think I figured out to let last night to let go of the shot button early. Was hitting way more jumpers. Don’t notice much lag but maybe that’s why. 

Ill have to try that out this morning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Run pick and pop and you should win pretty easily. Take advantage of mismatched down low as well. I also play with the PF on Defense helps with help defense and normally yields good results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, QMemphis said:

Run pick and pop and you should win pretty easily. Take advantage of mismatched down low as well. I also play with the PF on Defense helps with help defense and normally yields good results. 

Not to sound dumb but how do I do that lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Not to sound dumb but how do I do that lol 

I’m pretty sure after you hold left bumper to set screen you hit right bumper while icon is still up to “fade”. @QMemphis if you could confirm this is correct that would be sick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Subliminal said:

I’m pretty sure after you hold left bumper to set screen you hit right bumper while icon is still up to “fade”. @QMemphis if you could confirm this is correct that would be sick

Yes and you definitely fade with J3 and Jonas having B three point ratings should be easy pickings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2020 at 2:59 PM, Subliminal said:

I’m pretty sure after you hold left bumper to set screen you hit right bumper while icon is still up to “fade”. @QMemphis if you could confirm this is correct that would be sick

Alright Ill try that out after work!

On 1/21/2020 at 10:18 PM, QMemphis said:

Yes and you definitely fade with J3 and Jonas having B three point ratings should be easy pickings. 

Thanks for confirming QMemphis!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now