PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

So DB is comparing himself, jaren and ja to HOF Trios...is he tripping? LOL

all im going to say is the only thing holding brooks from being part of a BigThree (could say BigFour if you add Clark) is consistence...and he need to work on finishing at the rim...but i have always said he could be what prime wesley matthews should of been before injures slowed his career

I like it. I want a player with confidence. I made a comparison that Dillon Brooks was on the Jimmy Butler path I could see Jimmy Butler saying stuff like that even before he was a great player

I have no problem with what he's saying. i'm just wondering why he looks like he's an ex-member of 3T-Michael Jackson's nephews.

Musicof3TAug2018.jpg

This guy be trippin' but at least I understand now why he has tunnel vision. 

So in his analogy who is he? Wade, LeBron, Allen or Pierce? 

51 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

This guy be trippin' but at least I understand now why he has tunnel vision. 

So in his analogy who is he? Wade, LeBron, Allen or Pierce? 

+2000 Dang he literally put himself first in the pecking order LMAO.    If we resign him there has to a real sitdown to let him know that he isn't the face of the franchise.   LMAO.    

8 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

+2000 Dang he literally put himself first in the pecking order LMAO.    If we resign him there has to a real sitdown to let him know that he isn't the face of the franchise.   LMAO.    

He is a bit overconfident isn't he?

But, that's okay as long as he puts in the work to be as great as he thinks he can be.

I like his Moxie..... don't care for the trash talking on the court though.

6 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

He is a bit overconfident isn't he?

But, that's okay as long as he puts in the work to be as great as he thinks he can be.

I like his Moxie..... don't care for the trash talking on the court though.

Ok Boomer

my counter would be how do you, db, help others to be better?

he needs to challenge himself to become a better passer and to improve upon his handles.

no problem with the swagger..

slim.

Gotta cut Dilla some slack, it's right after a big game... anytime you stick a microphone in the face of a guy wearing sunglasses indoors at night you're almost guaranteed to get a juicy sound bite, I'm with kbm I like having players that will talk the talk

When you say you "strive to be like" someone, which is what Dillon is saying here, you're automatically putting yourself beneath them, not making a direct one-to-one comparison to them.  If I say "I strive to be like my father on a daily basis" I'm saying that he's a better man than me and he is my benchmark for what I want to be, not "PSSSH i'm clearly as good if not better than that old washed up fool!"  Just saying.  In anycase, I like the confidence!

2 hours ago, King Dork said:

Irrational confidence guy, everybody needs one. 

This, also he shows a lot emotional

8 hours ago, King Dork said:

Irrational confidence guy, everybody needs one. 

Dillon is this season's Joakim Noah.

Let's be real Dillon is just awful with the media and unlike his game he is not showing any signs of improvement in that area lol.

10 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Let's be real Dillon is just awful with the media and unlike his game he is not showing any signs of improvement in that area lol.

Depends on what you consider awful 

He dont have to be a Pierce or Wade.  As long as he has the work ethic to back up that talk. And clean the holes up in his game. Im ok with him talking like that.

15 minutes ago, Dwash said:

He dont have to be a Pierce or Wade.  As long as he has the work ethic to back up that talk. And clean the holes up in his game. Im ok with him talking like that.

but he saying he has to "eat" first tho.   He talking like he is Number 1 scoring option.   That Ja and Jaren all feed off him  LOL.   He gonna need Kobe/Jordan type work ethic to justify those statements!  

When get some handles lol but seriously if he keeps improving he can definitely be the primary scoring option. Ja controls tempo sets tone on offense and Jaren sets tone on defense. 

Dillon has a killer instinct which is something you need to have to be a big time scorer. He's obviously a keeper, and his uptick in production has been key to our improved play. 

Dillon was great tonight, but it was against a Denver team with no shot blockers.

If he can finish at the rim against some of the better paint defense teams, like he did tonight, then we have something special here.

4 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

Dillon was great tonight, but it was against a Denver team with no shot blockers.

If he can finish at the rim against some of the better paint defense teams, like he did tonight, then we have something special here.

He is about to play tough comp February-year end. So we will see what it really is then.

For the month of January he's now shooting 46.3/46.2/82.9. He's on a major hot streak. Every game he keeps it going, you have to wonder if it's just a hot streak or is this the player he will be permanently. I hope he does become that big time scorer. He still needs to work on his play-making. That would help eliminate a lot of the forced shots. He also needs to continue to be physical on defense but foul less.