Subliminal

So are Jaren and Dillon good yet?

After a slow start from JJJ and Brooks having some off games, they both seem to be coming into their own as of late. It’d been getting a little annoying seeing people calling them trash after every time they didn’t come through with an amazing game. 

So, are we just going to keep calling them out after every non-stellar performance or can we try to have some patience and see if they can continue to improve?

the ones calling for patience at the beginning of the season were the ones hammering especially Jaren.

Everyone on this team is playing better than they did at the start of the season. Jonas is playing better after getting back into game shape after an off-season injury, Jae Crowder is actually putting up some nice all around games and is exhibiting excellent leadership despite his shooting, Jaren is playing better but he had to adjust to Ja's style as well adjust to playing with Jonas and as I have mentioned before, Kyle got quite a few assists finding Jaren down low last season, they haven't played together much this season so big adjustments for Jaren. Tyus Jones had to get acclimated to a new team and he's been better the past few games. De'Anthony Melton was injured, he's played well the past few weeks. 

Jenkins has also shortened the rotations and cut out Marko and Bruno. Looks like Kyle's role is reducing as well. Everyone on this team has gotten better and the guys who haven't have seen their minutes reduced. 

6 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Everyone on this team is playing better than they did at the start of the season. Jonas is playing better after getting back into game shape after an off-season injury, Jae Crowder is actually putting up some nice all around games and is exhibiting excellent leadership despite his shooting, Jaren is playing better but he had to adjust to Ja's style as well adjust to playing with Jonas and as I have mentioned before, Kyle got quite a few assists finding Jaren down low last season, they haven't played together much this season so big adjustments for Jaren. Tyus Jones had to get acclimated to a new team and he's been better the past few games. De'Anthony Melton was injured, he's played well the past few weeks. 

Jenkins has also shortened the rotations and cut out Marko and Bruno. Looks like Kyle's role is reducing as well. Everyone on this team has gotten better and the guys who haven't have seen their minutes reduced. 

Jonas looks sexy those nights he scores in the 20s. I liked end of season Jonas from last year

12 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

the ones calling for patience at the beginning of the season were the ones hammering especially Jaren.

Jaren was getting hammered because he was not playing, he was on the bench in foul trouble. He has done a much better job staying on the floor. Not many were complaining about his play other than fouling.

3 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

Jaren was getting hammered because he was not playing, he was on the bench in foul trouble. He has done a much better job staying on the floor. Not many were complaining about his play other than fouling.

The interesting thing is he's actually committing more fouls per minute this month than in December, but the timing of those fouls at least seems to be better. He's not getting in as much first half foul trouble as he was earlier in the season it seems. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/thats-pretty-interesting-where-do-damian-lillard-and-the-middling-trail-blazers-go-from-here/

JJJ Redick

Look at where Memphis Grizzlies big man Jaren Jackson Jr. is when Ja Morant decides to pass him the ball here:

And look at him impersonating JJ Redick a few minutes later:

Jackson is 6-foot-11 and 20 years old. He is shooting 40.8 percent from 3-point range this season on 6.4 attempts a game, and he demands attention well behind the 3-point line. Morant is the best reason to watch Memphis right now, but more broadly the team itself is worth watching. The Grizzlies share the ball in a way that reflects well on rookie coach Taylor Jenkins, and lately they've been on fire, launching 3s and spreading defenses out. 

They are also, hilariously, in the playoff picture, which was not the plan. At 16-22, Memphis has the same record as Portland, and its next game is against the eighth-place San Antonio Spurs.

Jaren is 50% from 3 on 33 attempts for Jan in 5 games

40% from 3 on 125 attempts for Dec in 16 games

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Jaren is 50% from 3 on 33 attempts for Jan in 5 games

40% from 3 on 125 attempts for Dec in 16 games

At this rate he’ll be shooting 80% by April! 😱

2k needs to up JJJ 3point rating 

This has a lot to do with shot selection and plays being run. Neither guy has gotten better, they're just being used better. Maybe Jenkins finally realized that Jaren should not be playing out of the post very much or even holding on to the ball too much. For Brooks, it's mostly he is not quite a natural playmaker but is forced to handle the ball quite a bit, so he was taking too many bad shots off the dribble, and those seem to be going down (not sure if he or the coach deserve credit, or both). 

In Oct-Nov, Jaren was averaging just over 5 3PAs per game. Since Dec 1st, he's averaging 7.5 3PAs per game. His boost in overall shot attempts is entirely accounted for in this difference. He's also getting more minutes but only his 3s have gone up, suggesting he's being used not just more, but more in situations that suit his strengths. He seems to be having less minutes where he's forced to face up or go in the post to create, which he is still not great at.

Anyway, I was blasting Jenkins earlier in the year, but the way things have tightened up in the last month or so has been great. Hopefully the trend can continue. Playing to win is always the best option, and the way he was coaching in Oct-Nov was not for wins. 

Lets talk about our guys

Ppl need to eat some crow on JJJ, the kid will be a star, I just want him to focus on his foul trouble, hit the boards even hardER,  work more on the post (like he did in his rookie season) and continue to work on the transition to become a Center. 

He has DPY potential and star bigman writen all over him, he just need to play more like a bigman, stop all that guard like skills, Im not saying dont work on those areas, but try to be Bosh/KG/Pau dont force to become Giannis or KD.

I see Jaren being a better version of Gobert/KG in the future, a more complete player that both, I dont see him being a Mvp in the regular season, but he has Finals MVP potential.

Ja on the other hand can be anything, my only concern is healthy and he must work on his jumper, midrange and 3pt shooting. He has to take he feets of the floor and change his form a bit. 

Clarke is a major steal, he is the perfect partner for Jaren, I see him as our on Draymond Green, when he gets confortable and his shoots start ro fall, he will give us that across the board just like Draymond does.

If Dillon becomes a 3&D start or a spark of the bench he can be a major piece on our run for the title. But his major strenght confidence is his strongest weakness too. But like I said on the other thread I would keep him, unless we have to overpay, the guy brings every single night #EFFORT. I like what Dillon/Melton/Jae produce on our wing rotation, they are everywhere covering for each other.

Melton is TA 2.0, simple as that. He plays lock down D, hit 3s, create for him and others and rebound like a moniter.  

Allen is a good young player to have, I can see him devoloping into a role player, even a sixthman type of guy. But I admit we could trade him in a package if something good happen in returns.

Bruno is a good role player to have on your bench, he is inconsistent, but coach is not playing him and is not a Center. He is a pf/sf that can play some sg/C but he is a forward. Could be a solid 3&D for our team.

Josh, I trully dont know. He is killing in the G League from what I saw, but they never call him up. I believe if they give him chance Dillon and Jae will have to fight for the other starting spot. 

Also noticed, while looking up the stats of other team's 3pt shooters, Jaren is 16th in the league on 3pt made, and 17th on 3pt % on 6.4 apt (28th).

That's pretty decent considering he's a second year guy and a PF/C

27 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Also noticed, while looking up the stats of other team's 3pt shooters, Jaren is 16th in the league on 3pt made, and 17th on 3pt % on 6.4 apt (28th).

That's pretty decent considering he's a second year guy and a PF/C

...and he's been improving.

3 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

One thing I've noticed is Jarens affect on rebounding.  Last game he only had three but he had several where he tipped it to a teammate.  

True.... I've been paying attention to Jaren on the boards.

Not only does he tip balls to teammates, he usually let's his teammate grab the rebound when there is no opponents contending for it.

3 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

True.... I've been paying attention to Jaren on the boards.

Not only does he tip balls to teammates, he usually let's his teammate grab the rebound when there is no opponents contending for it.

Yup, he does an affect on the boards 

lets keep it up . if they keep this up , this will be PLAY OFFS for Memphis 

jjj in time should be a 22.4ppg  8.2 rp  player 

11 hours ago, lions said:

Sounds about where he should be at

13 hours ago, lions said:

Just curious but how much time?

7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Just curious but how much time?

Interestingly, Jaren is rebounding more or less at the same rate (6.3 per 36) as Marc did in 2016-17 (his worst rebounding season) but scoring much better (23.0 per 36 vs Marc's 20.6 in 2016-17, his best scoring season). So you could expect that with natural improvement in both scoring and rebounding for a 20 year old he could be close to those numbers with 32-33 mpg at some point in the near future.