Subliminal

So are Jaren and Dillon good yet?

5 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Going into allstar break, not for the entire season. Which is what the barometer for an allstar was supposed to be based on.

Ah ..oh....ok I get it.

So what is the criteria for that stretch?

One game? Two games? Five games? Ten games? Twenty games? More than twenty games?

Just now, BigHunkALove said:

Ah ..oh....ok I get it.

So what is the criteria for that stretch?

One game? Two games? Five games? Ten games? Twenty games? More than twenty games?

More than 20.

The year that damien cried, portland got 2 allstars, grizzlies, a 50 win team got none, mainly because Macr and Zach had a down year.

Slice it how you slice it. Mike wasn't going to make an all-star team no matter what he did.

1 minute ago, Kevin B Moses said:

More than 20.

The year that damien cried, portland got 2 allstars, grizzlies, a 50 win team got none, mainly because Macr and Zach had a down year.

Slice it how you slice it. Mike wasn't going to make an all-star team no matter what he did.

So in 2014-2015, in a more than 20 game stretch, the Grizzlies had the best W-L record in the whole of the NBA?

You sure about this?

It can be fact-checked you know?

@Kevin B Moses At the All-Star break that season.  ATL: 43-11,  GSW: 42-9,  MEM: 39-14

Steph Curry 23.8 ppg/4.3rpg/7.7apg

Damian Lillard  21.0ppg/4.6rpg/6.2apg

Russell Westbrook  28.1ppg/7.3rpg/8.6apg

Chris Paul  19.1ppg/4.6rpg/10.2apg

James Harden  27.4ppg/5.7rpg/7.0apg

Mike Conley  15.8ppg/3.0rpg/5.4apg

Tony Parker did not make the All-Star team that season.

Klay Thompson averaged 21.7ppg

Now who was Mike supposed to supplant?

EDIT:  Individual player stats are for the entire season.  I'm not compiling stats to get their numbers at the break to fulfill your fantasy.  Too much work.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

@Kevin B Moses At the All-Star break that season.  ATL: 43-11,  GSW: 42-9,  MEM: 39-14

Ouch, that's a blunt blade. 

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

The fact is that the grizzlies had the best record in the league

wait...

whuh ???

Can we just end this discussion, you guys are talking about an all-star selection from 5 years ago.

We know the facts:

Conley never deserved to be an all-star but he was a good, solid player. 

Ja as a rookie is better than Conley ever was. 

Conley'ss number will still hang in the rafters because of who he happened to play with and not based on his play.

49 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Can we just end this discussion, you guys are talking about an all-star selection from 5 years ago.

We know the facts:

Conley never deserved to be an all-star but he was a good, solid player. 

Ja as a rookie is better than Conley ever was. 

Conley'ss number will still hang in the rafters because of who he happened to play with and not based on his play.

You better get CCTV at your place and extra security around you. 

6 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

https://t.co/KkJxGD3ffG

a must read about 3js

Great insight. Makes me want to watch some Grizz basketball at this crazy AM hour 

13 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Still dont understand the debate about JJJ rebound. He play with JV ,Clarke which take a lot and also Ja who like to get some. If you look at the way he play, he not fight for rebound and often let his teammate go for it. IF he was more selfish, he will be at 6+ already. For me this debate has no sense...

+1000

Its just @chipc3 trying to find a reason to crap on the youngster. DeAndre Jordan improved his rebounding at the expense of being a good teammate.  He became a notorious rebound hunter and often snatched them from his teammates.  DJ is a stat padder.  

Remember when Russ was running for MVP and triple Dubs  that was largely because Steven Adams was allowing him to get boards by just boxin out.   He was more concerned with being a good teammate then stat padding. Russ has left and Adams rebounding numbers have gone back up.  

Jaren isn't an instinctual rebounder and he also isn't interested in stat padding either.  So he usually lets his teammates get the ball.  Whenever he is solely focused on rebounding he does a solid job.  

Jaren has by number of games played literally just completed his first year in the NBA.   As we have all seen he is rapidly improving as he has gotten more experience in TJ system and more comfortable with his teammates. 

14 hours ago, chipc3 said:

My bad. I’m on drugs after a surgery I had and I got your comments confused with someone’s else’s. I apologize.

No need for apologies. Hope you are gonna bounce back quick.

I love how people make up excuses for players rather than being honest about them. Where do you posters get off saying JJJ isn’t a stat padder? Has he said that he’s prefer to let someone else grab a rebound rather than get it himself? Or Ali’s this just a convenient excuse to not say he isn’t rebounding well?

Reality is Jenkins called out everyone on the team about focusing on rebounding a few weeks ago. This has been a focus of the coaching staff. Some have picked it up. Others haven’t. 

Jackson doesn’t get rebounds because he doesn’t fight for position. He doesn’t have a fast jump. He just doesn’t work for them. Rebounding is about desire. You can’t teach someone to be a great rebounder. The player has to want to get the rebound. 

Go ahead and say he is just too nice and that’s why he doesn’t get rebounds if it makes you feel better. Reality is he’s a poor rebounder for his size and he isn’t going to impress enough people to be an all-star averaging less than 5 boards a night playing PF/C. That’s all I am saying. He isn’t going to suddenly get 8 boards or more a night if he is too nice.

At some point he’s going to have to want the rebound and fight for them or he is just going to be viewed as a soft big.

His strengths have almost translated 100% to the NBA.   That is impressive. 

Unfortuntely alot of his weaknesses translated to

On the plus side is that his defense has been much better than projected and so has his shot creation ability.   The fact that he is still young bodes very well for his future.  

14 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

EDIT:  Individual player stats are for the entire season.  I'm not compiling stats to get their numbers at the break to fulfill your fantasy.  Too much work.

*Mortal Kombat fatality* woof. He has a family - be gentle!

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I love how people make up excuses for players rather than being honest about them. Where do you posters get off saying JJJ isn’t a stat padder? Has he said that he’s prefer to let someone else grab a rebound rather than get it himself? Or Ali’s this just a convenient excuse to not say he isn’t rebounding well?

Reality is Jenkins called out everyone on the team about focusing on rebounding a few weeks ago. This has been a focus of the coaching staff. Some have picked it up. Others haven’t. 

Jackson doesn’t get rebounds because he doesn’t fight for position. He doesn’t have a fast jump. He just doesn’t work for them. Rebounding is about desire. You can’t teach someone to be a great rebounder. The player has to want to get the rebound. 

Go ahead and say he is just too nice and that’s why he doesn’t get rebounds if it makes you feel better. Reality is he’s a poor rebounder for his size and he isn’t going to impress enough people to be an all-star averaging less than 5 boards a night playing PF/C. That’s all I am saying. He isn’t going to suddenly get 8 boards or more a night if he is too nice.

At some point he’s going to have to want the rebound and fight for them or he is just going to be viewed as a soft big.

you are the only one calling 3js soft.

Chipc3 hope you get well soon !! Sorry but disagree on your statement. Look closely at many game and you will see that JJJ may time can go for it and just step back and let his teammate go for rebound.

Does it make JJJ a poor rebound guy? i don't think so. We can speak about his choice but for me i don't give a **** if he dont grab more rebound. Another point, we almost all agree that JJJ improve a lot in 3s shooting and on my opinion he improve in defense as well.

Do you think that a 20 year guy can improve in all areas in just 1 year? i don't think so... 

4 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

🤣

BUT it WAS POSTED - by you !

hahaha

Taking advantage of someone recovery from surgery. How low...

😉