Subliminal

So are Jaren and Dillon good yet?

People were way too hard on JJJ to start with, we weren't doing anything to make the game easier for him at the start of the season. Since he and Ja have been building their chemistry and his confidence has gone up with his 3pt shot, he has been balling. 

I'll live with Jaren's rebounding issues if he keeps stroking 3's like prime Dirk lol. 

Outside of JJJ shooting a lot more threes and making a lot of them, I haven’t seen much improvement in his game. He is rebounding like he did last season, he is shooting and passing like he did last season, his blocks have been rising of late but they aren’t more than he averaged last season. 

Actually that’s not true. He has dramatically cut down his dumb fouls which allows his MPG to rise which means he can score more. That has improved since the start of the season. 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Outside of JJJ shooting a lot more threes and making a lot of them, I haven’t seen much improvement in his game. He is rebounding like he did last season, he is shooting and passing like he did last season, his blocks have been rising of late but they aren’t more than he averaged last season. 

Actually that’s not true. He has dramatically cut down his dumb fouls which allows his MPG to rise which means he can score more. That has improved since the start of the 

JJJ is way more involved on the court, he used to look indecisive and a bit lost on the court at times,  now he looks a year away from being an allstar 

11 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Just curious but how much time?

2 more years

12 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Actually that’s not true. He has dramatically cut down his dumb fouls which allows his MPG to rise which means he can score more. That has improved since the start of the season. 

9 hours ago, Ace-is-high said:

JJJ is way more involved on the court, he used to look indecisive and a bit lost on the court at times,  now he looks a year away from being an allstar 

Jaren is shooting like a Stephen and Klay, it is money from there. Let it fly, I always feel it will go in. Also, he is catching lobs and make dunks in the transition. Only thing that he reduce from last year is his work on the post, that is a shame, he must get it back to his game, special when he goes for early post position, or when he face up guys and turn the corner around them. I wish we could put Zbo around him to teach some of his stuff. 

1 hour ago, Ja_Rules said:

Jaren is shooting like a Stephen and Klay, it is money from there. Let it fly, I always feel it will go in. Also, he is catching lobs and make dunks in the transition. Only thing that he reduce from last year is his work on the post, that is a shame, he must get it back to his game, special when he goes for early post position, or when he face up guys and turn the corner around them. I wish we could put Zbo around him to teach some of his stuff. 

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, wish he would post up more, hes really good at it, its apart of his game that we havent seen much this year 

13 hours ago, chipc3 said:

maybe you missed the answer....

On 1/9/2020 at 9:29 AM, Dwash said:

I know you will spin this however you want it to make yourself sound good.  But to clarify you said he didnt work on his game this past offseason. Clearly he has gotten better. Just because all he worked on this offseason didnt magically appear in the first 15 games with a new coach and new set of point guards didnt mean he made no improvements. You said you expected him to buckle down NEXT offseason and get better, but said he didnt put in the work this past offseason. That call is not looking good right now cause he is clearly better this year, just took a month to kick in.

some people's position is intractable 

JJJ can be as good as anyone in the league eventually ... just give him time for his body to mature.  He's still like a young colt finding his legs.  He's going to be incredible.  Watch!

Dillon is getting better and better.  He has an unorthodox game, and that makes it hard to figure out his ceiling.  He often shoots off the wrong foot, which makes it look ugly when he misses.  He just needs to keep doing what he's doing and work on his consistency ... looks like a keeper.

The only guys on the roster who haven't improved from the start of the season, and from last year are a dude who will never wear a Grizzlies jersey, a guy who has barely been in the rotation, and one who was given a chance at the beginning and is now currently out of the rotation.

Everyone else has improved, to varying degrees. Everyone.

But hey I get it, some refuse to admit it.

On 1/13/2020 at 6:57 AM, Ace-is-high said:

He has to improve his rebounding and defense before becoming an All-Star. I can’t think of any center/power forwards who were all-stars averaging fewer than five rebounds a game. 

14 hours ago, chipc3 said:

He has to improve his rebounding and defense before becoming an All-Star. I can’t think of any center/power forwards who were all-stars averaging fewer than five rebounds a game. 

Paul Gasol says hello

5 hours ago, Ace-is-high said:

Paul Gasol says hello

Pau Gasol averaged 8.9 RPG his first all star season (2005-06). Every other All-Star season he averaged at least 9.6 and usually more than 11 RPG.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:52 PM, pjs said:

He often shoots off the wrong foot, which makes it look ugly when he misses.

THAT’S what it is !!!

I have been trying to figure out why his shots (more so- missed shots) looked so bad

10 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

THAT’S what it is !!!

I have been trying to figure out why his shots (more so- missed shots) looked so bad

Brevin says he's the best wrong foot shot maker in the league.

On 1/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, Ace-is-high said:

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, wish he would post up more, hes really good at it, its apart of his game that we havent seen much this year 

Why do you people want this man in the post so much. There are real bangers down there laced with savagery. I don’t want him battered and broken so I want him to keep neutralizing with his floor spacing “shooting”. He’s averging less than 30 mins a game for God sakes and everybody is forced to praise him for his good play as of late.

So I ask, Do people want this team to win a title?? I think our guys attack with driving enough to negate any mass effort on JJJ’s part  to show off his fancy post moves. I thought rebounding was Jonas and like BC’s strength. So what if JJJ doesn’t bang like Z-Bo, I don’t want Z-Bo on this team.

23 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Apparently you don't realize that fans vote in allstars. Jaren and this grizzlies team can make the allstar team by being popular. If it were based on stats alone, conley would have been a multiple-time allstar.

30 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

If it were based on stats alone, conley would have been a multiple-time allstar.

Ok... I’ll bite -> which point guard in the West ? Who’s spot would he have taken ... I’m saying- on stats alone?

31 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Jaren and this grizzlies team can make the allstar team by being popular.

This part I actually agree with... by playing exciting ball and labeled and marketed as the next generation AND being visible- highly visible- sports writers and casual fans are eating this up ! 
I have gone to games this season that last season I may have skipped due to weather , work, just don’t feel like heading downtown 

BUT I push HARD to get there this year simply because I KNOW that I will miss something exciting! 

Jaren knowing what he's currently good at has worked wonders. 

Seems he'll be a tall PF/SF with range and some face up game. 

Poor man's KD?

15 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Ok... I’ll bite -> which point guard in the West ? Who’s spot would he have taken ... I’m saying- on stats alone?

Pick any year that klay went. Pick the first year that lillard cried to the league to get in. Pick the year that the grizzlies had the top record leading to the break and only got one in.

Your hate for conley is immense, but most rational people know that he should have made an all-star team.

Just like most rational people know that the grizzlies being snubbed year after year for a Christmas day game wasn't about their excellent basketball, going to the wcf the year before, but something else. You figure out what that something else was.

Seriously, i am so tired of you acting as if the grizzlies weren't routinely, systematically ignored.

Get over it, they were.

23 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Pick any year that klay went. Pick the first year that lillard cried to the league to get in. Pick the year that the grizzlies had the top record leading to the break and only got one in.

Your hate for conley is immense, but most rational people know that he should have made an all-star team.

Just like most rational people know that the grizzlies being snubbed year after year for a Christmas day game wasn't about their excellent basketball, going to the wcf the year before, but something else. You figure out what that something else was.

Seriously, i am so tired of you acting as if the grizzlies weren't routinely, systematically ignored.

Get over it, they were.

....unfortunately most ppl in a world are not rational...even impeachment is not going to help them...it is what it is....

36 minutes ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Get over it, they were.

I think that Lillard thing was all about him being able to be eligible for a Supermax contract. If he didn't make an all-star or all-nba team (he might have made one of those anyway, not sure), he wouldn't have been eligible for this monster contract he's currently on. His agent probably was going nuts telling him to sit out in protest if he didn't make it or some BS

2 hours ago, Kevin B Moses said:

Apparently you don't realize that fans vote in allstars. Jaren and this grizzlies team can make the allstar team by being popular. If it were based on stats alone, conley would have been a multiple-time allstar.

Apparently you don’t realize that the fans only vote in the starting five. The remaining players are picked by the league.

Regardless, I can’t think of a single player voted or selected into the all star game as a PF/C who averaged fewer than five rebounds a game.

Conley’s stats never qualified him for the All-Star game either. People felt he deserved a spot because he was so clutch but he never was a leader in scoring or assists. speaking strictly on stats Conley never had a strong argument to be an all-star.