TRE2K3

Grizz currently undefeated when Dillon Brooks scores 20 pts or more

10 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

Very emotional player on both ends he almost foul out again yesterday because of it.

I like emotion from a player. I'd rather have an emotional player nearly foul out than an uninterested player who didn't care enough to foul out. 

Can DB be the 4th member of the new CORE?   

We keep saying we are a scoring wing away from becoming a complete team.   DB avgs 15ppg and can create his own shot.  We keep saying we need a shooter out there with Ja and Jaren. DB shoots 38% from 3 on 5attpg .     We keep saying all our wings need to be able to defend.  DB is already our top 3D option.  

PROs:  Dillon is only 24y  he can play either wing spot.   Completely fearless and doesn't back down.  We actually drafted him.  He already has some chemistry with Ja and Jaren.  Has enough size (6'7') to guard most SFs. 

CONs:  His confidence turns to chucking.  Isnt an elite athlete and has negligible wingspan.   Inconsistent decision maker with the ball.  Blackhole tendencies, foul prone,  may be expensive to keep. 

Is it unrealistic to think he could develop into a better fit longterm?   His scoring ability is real and so is his shooting.  He isn't a terrible ball-handler either.   Really all he needs to work on his decision making with the ball.   

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

We keep saying we are a scoring wing away from becoming a complete team.   DB avgs 15ppg and can create his own shot.  We keep saying we need a shooter out there with Ja and Jaren. DB shoots 38% from 3 on 5attpg .     We keep saying all our wings need to be able to defend.  DB is already our top 3D option.  

PROs:  Dillon is only 24y  he can play either wing spot.   Completely fearless and doesn't back down.  We actually drafted him.  He already has some chemistry with Ja and Jaren.  Has enough size (6'7') to guard most SFs. 

CONs:  His confidence turns to chucking.  Isnt an elite athlete and has negligible wingspan.   Inconsistent decision maker with the ball.  Blackhole tendencies, foul prone,  may be expensive to keep. 

Is it unrealistic to think he could develop into a better fit longterm?   His scoring ability is real and so is his shooting.  He isn't a terrible ball-handler either.   Really all he needs to work on his decision making with the ball.   

I believe Dillon thinks he is a member of the Core. I have to assume the franchise would like to keep him here on a team friendly contract. What happens is unknown. We all need to remember the front office turned down a deal involving Dillon for Kelly Oubre just over a year ago so the front office has to believe he is part of the long term picture. 

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I like emotion from a player. I'd rather have an emotional player nearly foul out than an uninterested player who didn't care enough to foul out. 

Minnesota fans would trade Dillon for Wiggins in a heartbeat lol.

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I'm 100% on board with giving Dillon a 3-4yr/30-40million deal. I think he can absolutely be the 4th piece to this new, dare I say, Core Four. You have to figure that we're going to upgrade Crowder's position at some point. A Ja/Dillon/x/Jaren/Jonas core, where X is some legit player, is a real NBA team.

7 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Minnesota fans would trade Dillon for Wiggins in a heartbeat lol.

I'm sure they would and for the exact same reasons I posted. 

Just now, chipc3 said:

I'm sure they would and for the exact same reasons I posted. 

Yup, Dillon is the Anti-Wiggins. They actually spoke about our passion 

50 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I believe Dillon thinks he is a member of the Core. I have to assume the franchise would like to keep him here on a team friendly contract. What happens is unknown. We all need to remember the front office turned down a deal involving Dillon for Kelly Oubre just over a year ago so the front office has to believe he is part of the long term picture. 

Im pretty sure he thinks he is too.  Heard him in an interview refer to himself as such after the game.   

At this point i want to put preemptive measures in place to prevent an AD situation for Ja/Jaren.   If they like Dillon and think he fits then i see no reason to not keep him.    Same with Melton. 

I think people may forget that Dillon missed almost the entire season last year. He's really only a second year player and he is working himself back after a long layoff. I think he will continue to improve this year. 

29 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I think people may forget that Dillon missed almost the entire season last year. He's really only a second year player and he is working himself back after a long layoff. I think he will continue to improve this year. 

Yup, same with Jaren too, he's barely played a full season 

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Chip what would you think is a good team friendly contract for DB?

Just now, grizzgolf said:

Chip what would you think is a good team friendly contract for DB?

Don't ask me. Off the top of my head, based strictly on what we have seen so far and without any idea of what will happen between now and the summer, I believe an MLE or slightly higher would be appropriate as an opening offer and then wait and see how others value him. The team has right of first refusal after all. 

56 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

Yup, same with Jaren too, he's barely played a full season 

The difference is people aren't allowed to criticize Jaren while Dillon has been crucified at times this year for being a ball-hog, not shooting well enough, fouling too often, etc. I was pretty much alone in saying Jaren didn't come to camp ready to contribute right away and people jumped down my throat despite my repeatedly saying I expected him to turn it on and be better. Dillon has been accused of having tapped out his potential already. 

30 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The difference is people aren't allowed to criticize Jaren while Dillon has been crucified at times this year for being a ball-hog, not shooting well enough, fouling too often, etc. I was pretty much alone in saying Jaren didn't come to camp ready to contribute right away and people jumped down my throat despite my repeatedly saying I expected him to turn it on and be better. Dillon has been accused of having tapped out his potential already. 

I know you will spin this however you want it to make yourself sound good.  But to clarify you said he didnt work on his game this past offseason. Clearly he has gotten better. Just because all he worked on this offseason didnt magically appear in the first 15 games with a new coach and new set of point guards didnt mean he made no improvements. You said you expected him to buckle down NEXT offseason and get better, but said he didnt put in the work this past offseason. That call is not looking good right now cause he is clearly better this year, just took a month to kick in.

I,m HAPPY dillion brooks is proving me WRONG  I wanted the grizzlies to trade him in the past .keep proving me WRONG dillion 

3 hours ago, chipc3 said:

True, to be fair though I never criticized you. I actually agreed. I remember you speaking about him being more active on social media than actually training.  He has come around though

When he scores over 20 I get excited

Our starting guards scored 50pts tonight.

Over 40% of total points

Add in our 2nd unit guards,....

This is A TEAM hot dang!