The Stro Show

Ja Morant invited to Dunk Contest

Recommended Posts

LOS ANGELES — Memphis Grizzlies standout rookie Ja Morant has been invited to compete in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest during All-Star Weekend in Chicago next month, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The 6-foot-3 point guard out of Murray State has had some of the most electrifying, jaw-dropping dunks of the season.

But the 20-year-old high-flyer is still mulling over the offer.

“It’s something I’m thinking about,” Morant told Yahoo Sports. “I haven’t made a decision yet.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Stro Show said:

LOS ANGELES — Memphis Grizzlies standout rookie Ja Morant has been invited to compete in the NBA Slam Dunk Contest during All-Star Weekend in Chicago next month, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The 6-foot-3 point guard out of Murray State has had some of the most electrifying, jaw-dropping dunks of the season.

But the 20-year-old high-flyer is still mulling over the offer.

“It’s something I’m thinking about,” Morant told Yahoo Sports. “I haven’t made a decision yet.”

I hope he goes for it, and win it. He should participate in the Dunk Contest and Skills Challenge. Also Jaren Jackson in 3 pt Contest and both on the Rise Stars games. Grizzlies must make a mark in All Star games, wouldn't it be great?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Also Jaren Jackson in 3 pt Contest and both on the Rise Stars games. Grizzlies must make a mark in All Star games, wouldn't it be great?

The rising stars game is going to be awesome. Clarke, JJJ, and Ja

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, The Stro Show said:

The rising stars game is going to be awesome. Clarke, JJJ, and Ja

They will play against each other

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

I hope he goes for it, and win it. He should participate in the Dunk Contest and Skills Challenge. Also Jaren Jackson in 3 pt Contest and both on the Rise Stars games. Grizzlies must make a mark in All Star games, wouldn't it be great?

I don’t know that Ja is a dunk contest dunker though. He strikes me as a dude who looks better dunking in game because of how forcefully he attacks the rim. Like Westbrook. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, King Dork said:

I don’t know that Ja is a dunk contest dunker though. He strikes me as a dude who looks better dunking in game because of how forcefully he attacks the rim. Like Westbrook. 

Have you ever seen him dunk contest dunking? Ifnot, how would you know?

If anything, it would be good pub for the Grizz. Have the Grizz ever had a participant in the contest? Can't remember if Stromile did or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Have the Grizz ever had a participant in the contest? Can't remember if Stromile did or not. 

Stro in ‘01 and Gay in ‘09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Have you ever seen him dunk contest dunking? Ifnot, how would you know?

If anything, it would be good pub for the Grizz. Have the Grizz ever had a participant in the contest? Can't remember if Stromile did or not. 

I have not and that’s the point. Dunk contest dunkers get nasty in games. (PG 360 windmill, Olidipo 360, Zach Lavine and Aaron Gordon) I suppose it’s possible he’s a great dunk contest dunker but I don’t see it. Would rather he be in the rookie game and skills contest. And he’s likely a top 5 guard in the west so why not the all star game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

They will play against each other

Probably will be either Ja and Clarke x Jaren or Jaren and Ja x Clarke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Probably will be either Ja and Clarke x Jaren or Jaren and Ja x Clarke. 

Ja and 3J vs Clarke (Canada)...it's USA vs World

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, The Stro Show said:

Stro in ‘01 and Gay in ‘09

1 hour ago, King Dork said:

Hakim Warrick

ok, Wow. I had totally forgotten. 

 

1 hour ago, King Dork said:

I have not and that’s the point. Dunk contest dunkers get nasty in games. (PG 360 windmill, Olidipo 360, Zach Lavine and Aaron Gordon) I suppose it’s possible he’s a great dunk contest dunker but I don’t see it. Would rather he be in the rookie game and skills contest. And he’s likely a top 5 guard in the west so why not the all star game. 

Yeah, my point was, I've never seen him in a dunk contest so I don't know if he has those type of dunks or not. One of the standards of the dunk contest in recent years is standing over a stationary target and dunking on them, Ja came this close to doing that over a real live player in regular game action. 

It's all about creativity so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he think he can do it, let him do it. At worse, the Grizz/Ja get some more national pub. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Have you ever seen him dunk contest dunking? Ifnot, how would you know?

If anything, it would be good pub for the Grizz. Have the Grizz ever had a participant in the contest? Can't remember if Stromile did or not. 

Rudy too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stro was the most disappointing - based on his in-game dunks, I was expecting so much more from him in the dunk contest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

ok, Wow. I had totally forgotten. 

 

Yeah, my point was, I've never seen him in a dunk contest so I don't know if he has those type of dunks or not. One of the standards of the dunk contest in recent years is standing over a stationary target and dunking on them, Ja came this close to doing that over a real live player in regular game action. 

It's all about creativity so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he think he can do it, let him do it. At worse, the Grizz/Ja get some more national pub. 

Find out he heard me in pregame warmups lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if ja win this dunk contest , this will PUT ja and the Grizzlies on the map to more ESPN games 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want him in the contest. Anything that means he could hurt himself I don't want him doing. I just don't want his back acting up again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 7:38 AM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

ok, Wow. I had totally forgotten. 

 

Yeah, my point was, I've never seen him in a dunk contest so I don't know if he has those type of dunks or not. One of the standards of the dunk contest in recent years is standing over a stationary target and dunking on them, Ja came this close to doing that over a real live player in regular game action. 

It's all about creativity so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. If he think he can do it, let him do it. At worse, the Grizz/Ja get some more national pub. 

I have and he won them ALL. Shoes UP 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I don't want him in the contest. Anything that means he could hurt himself I don't want him doing. I just don't want his back acting up again

How many people have been hurt in an NBA Dunk contest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

How many people have been hurt in an NBA Dunk contest?

True but we haven't had a player like this before. If I could wrap him in bubble wrap after each game I would.   He just goes fearless. I just don't like him taking any risk. That whole camera thing from what was it the warriors game has made me nervous when he goes up for a dunk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now