chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Detroit Pistons - 1/24/20

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Friday, January 24 6:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies at Detroit Pistons

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: None

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Probable Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Jae Crowder Jaren Jackson Jr Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203109.png 1628991.png 202685.png

Pistons Probable Starting 5

Tony Snell Tim Frazier Sekou Doumbouya Christian Wood Andre Drummond
203503.png 204025.png 1629635.png 1626174.png 203083.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen, Kyle Anderson, Brandon Clarke, Bruno Caboclo, Mrco Guduric, Solomon Hill, Tyus Jones, John Konchar (2), De'Anthony Melton, Yuta Watanabe (2)

Detroit Pistons: Jordan Bone, Bruce Brown, Langston Galloway, Blake Griffin, Reggie Jackson, Luke Kennard, Louis King, Thon Maker, Markieff Morris, Sviatoslaw Mykhailiuk, Derrick Rose, Khyri Thomas, 

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

PistonsPreview | News Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

we need the next two games Detroit/suns very winnable 

3 hours ago, lions said:

we need the next two games Detroit/suns very winnable 

True.   .500ish going into the break would be ok.  Then prepare for the stretch run.  

Might need to make a move (or two) at the deadline to get that 8th seed.

2 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

True.   .500ish going into the break would be ok.  Then prepare for the stretch run.  

Might need to make a move (or two) at the deadline to get that 8th seed.

also would be nice wins on the ROAD

I see Portland lost last night vs dallas ,Can't believe Portland is 19-27 there to much talent on that team 

Time to get back on track. Got punched in the mouth now we will see what they really got!

As a Memphis Tiger season ticketholder at that great time of Derrick Rose, I'm glad to see him doing so well with Detroit. When he tore up his knee in garbage time of a playoff game the Bulls had firmly in hand 8 years ago, well, it took him years after many setbacks to get reestablished as a premiere player.  When the Pistons play here in 10 days or so, I (as much of the FEF crowd) will give him a nice hand. Then we need to kick their butts.

8 hours ago, lions said:

I see Portland lost last night vs dallas ,Can't believe Portland is 19-27 there to much talent on that team 

They'll get Nurkic back which will be big for them. Injuries have hit them hard.

2 hours ago, ACGrizz said:

They'll get Nurkic back which will be big for them. Injuries have hit them hard.

I don’t understand why everyone acts like Nurkic is some all star talent.  He’s on equal ground as JV.  He’s not gonna turn that team around.  

3 minutes ago, Parsons_Refund said:

I don’t understand why everyone acts like Nurkic is some all star talent.  He’s on equal ground as JV.  He’s not gonna turn that team around.  

Well, for one, even if you assume that he is similar to JV, try to imagine what we'd look like this season without JV.

And I disagree about Nurkic - I think they'll have a much stronger 2nd half of the season and will make the playoffs over us.

While in Toronto, JV had to face Drummond 4 times a year. Both guys usually were healthy, no injuries - and it was ALWAYS a nightmare for Drummond. One game JV was 10/11 in the first half against him, and many similar encounters. Of course, in my mentioned game in the second half JV had just 2 FGAs, one on offensive rebound. Cause former Raptors imbecile, inept, overvalued coach Dwayne Casey used to give his guards green light to shoot as much as they wanted. Anyway, that was then. I expect, that even with a different team, Drummond will still have a hard going against JV. Though funny thing: first seasons in the NBA Drummond was beyond terrible from the free throw line. JV, with his refs target for a foul on his jerseys, even when was whistled for another phantom foul could be certain, that not many free throws will be scored by Drummond. now it's not the case. I always respect players who put an effort to fix a flaw in their game and now Drummond is very decent from the line. Still, JV's length and size is a problem for Drummond.

So, we have one match-up in our favor.

And Ja, please, go for a nasty triple double. You can do it :)

7 hours ago, UofMark said:

As a Memphis Tiger season ticketholder at that great time of Derrick Rose, I'm glad to see him doing so well with Detroit. When he tore up his knee in garbage time of a playoff game the Bulls had firmly in hand 8 years ago, well, it took him years after many setbacks to get reestablished as a premiere player.  When the Pistons play here in 10 days or so, I (as much of the FEF crowd) will give him a nice hand. Then we need to kick their butts.

As a warm up to kicking the Pistons' butts in Memphis, let's kick their butts tonight in Detroit. 💪

2 hours ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

While in Toronto, JV had to face Drummond 4 times a year. Both guys usually were healthy, no injuries - and it was ALWAYS a nightmare for Drummond. One game JV was 10/11 in the first half against him, and many similar encounters. Of course, in my mentioned game in the second half JV had just 2 FGAs, one on offensive rebound. Cause former Raptors imbecile, inept, overvalued coach Dwayne Casey used to give his guards green light to shoot as much as they wanted. Anyway, that was then. I expect, that even with a different team, Drummond will still have a hard going against JV. Though funny thing: first seasons in the NBA Drummond was beyond terrible from the free throw line. JV, with his refs target for a foul on his jerseys, even when was whistled for another phantom foul could be certain, that not many free throws will be scored by Drummond. now it's not the case. I always respect players who put an effort to fix a flaw in their game and now Drummond is very decent from the line. Still, JV's length and size is a problem for Drummond.

So, we have one match-up in our favor.

And Ja, please, go for a nasty triple double. You can do it :)

Agree with everything, especially the part about Casey.

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

JV always had Drummonds number...even more than Embiid...

✔️

1 hour ago, UkGrizz said:

Drummond obviously knows this and has decided not to play tonight

Load management - JV is too much of a load for Drummond!!!

3 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Agree with everything, especially the part about Casey.

One more thing about JV and Casey. JV had wedding party in Lithuania. Toronto's biggest fan (the dude with the turban), Bill Bayno and couple other guys from the organization were invited and participated. I guess JV didn't invite all his team-mates cause everybody has some off-season plans, he didn't want to disrupt them. BUT, at the wedding table was one empty place. With the"Dwayne Casey" written on the card. So, Casey just didn't like and didn't care after JV since the begging. Casey's motto was "We are defensive team first and points on the offense will come!". I think we all now how well Casey can run the offense and mange the games. It makes me mad then at work, over all in life some people because of their personal agenda will hurt other people. Casey just couldn't mold "shoot first, second and third" back court with pretty good young JV.

This summer one Lithuanian coach said: "JV went to the NBA with the muscles of an elk (I hope I got the animals name right), meaning he was fast, quick, athletic. Coach continued "Now JV has a muscles of a bear". So, Grizzlies team is a perfect fit for the JV, right ;)