Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Cleveland Cavaliers @ Memphis Grizzlies - 1/17/20

18 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Jae was great this game. His 3 point shot didn't fall, but he was solid on defense, got 3 assists as well, 8 rebounds, and 9 points. That's a good all around game. Also, he got Tristan Thompson ejected, so that's another win in my book. 

see my last post, big picture he had a good all around game.  want to just see less quick trigger 3's from him.

Just now, BnaBreaker said:

Didn't get to see the game but I see that Jaren only played twenty minutes... please tell me he wasn't injured.

Early foul trouble, never really got in a rhythm/ Brandon was playing well.  

Good win on a bad night.

We were flat for most of the game, but turned it on when we had to.  That works against Cleveland, but you can't do it against a good team.

Regarding Ja attacking the paint and turning the ball over; I had no problem with this because he was trying to inject some energy into the team.  And as someone else mentioned, we fumbled a few of his passes in the paint.

The last 2 games Ja should have had double digits assists, but we either fumbled or missed too many chances.

If Jaren had finished the play after that ridiculous no look pass Ja hit him with, while contorting mid flight and facing the other way, that would have been the number 1 play of the night.

Next up New Orleans.  They are playing their best ball of the year, so we better being our A game.

37 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

If Jaren had finished the play after that ridiculous no look pass Ja hit him with, while contorting mid flight and facing the other way, that would have been the number 1 play of the night.

THIS ! 

that was crazy !!! And to think once our own guys get used to playing WITH him -> look all the way out !

you hear people talking about seeing angles and passing lanes ...

Ja creates angles that you don’t see even as he’s making the play... I’d always been taught to not leave your feet hoping to make a play ... Ja leaves his feet and freestyles

in the air

on a regular basis.

and it works !

(Will work even better as our own guys learn to always EXPECT him to hit them with a heater) 

and as far as plays of the day - go ahead and save him a spot . He’s guaranteed to get you a play or three  

every game.

his handles are sneaky shifty I don’t know how to really explain it but sometimes he will look outta control and facing a certain turnover then 

he straight flips the script and serves up a sweet dime, layup , or if you happen to get his attention- a filthy yam in your mug.

take that 

kinda reminds me of early Kyrie with the handles- except he has jet packs strapped to his ankles that allow him to get up on that rim one handed two handed - right foot wrong foot one foot two feet - plus the contortionist layups...

8 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I'll probably get flamed for saying so, but while I love Ja - his talent, athleticism, vision, and brash alpha confidence - he needs to grow some with his decision making.  In the second half several times he just seemed to be forcing things in the paint that CLE was ready for which resulted in turnovers.  I don't know if he was trying to put on a show for the Murray State crowd or not, but 5 turnovers is too many for someone of his caliber.

The good news is we won, Ja is young and learning, and fabulously amazing!

He’s a rookie 

On 1/18/2020 at 12:23 AM, grizz09 said:

i hate +- stat.  jae was somehow a +21 and solo -25 but i would've never guessed that watching the game.  i'll give jae credit that he got rebounds and had some timely steals.

And some nice passes. I'm not so sure now about trading him. He does so many different things. Plus occasionally he goes on scoring binges. I would only trade him if someone makes us an offer that we can't refuse. 

On 1/18/2020 at 2:26 AM, BnaBreaker said:

Didn't get to see the game but I see that Jaren only played twenty minutes... please tell me he wasn't injured.

Jaren and Dillon were both having foul trouble. We had to call in the nuns.  

On 1/18/2020 at 5:18 AM, CarloJ63 said:

Good win on a bad night.

We were flat for most of the game, but turned it on when we had to.  That works against Cleveland, but you can't do it against a good team.

Regarding Ja attacking the paint and turning the ball over; I had no problem with this because he was trying to inject some energy into the team.  And as someone else mentioned, we fumbled a few of his passes in the paint.

The last 2 games Ja should have had double digits assists, but we either fumbled or missed too many chances.

Next up New Orleans.  They are playing their best ball of the year, so we better being our A game.

I think Ja was also trying to put on a good show for the Murray State fans that were at the game. If I heard him correctly during his post game interview, he said there were 1200 Murray State fans in attendance!!!

New Orleans is starting Zion on January 22. They are too CHICKEN to start him at the MLK game January 20 in Memphis. 🐔

Just now, GameOn said:

I think Ja was also trying to put on a good show for the Murray State fans that were at the game. If I heard him correctly during his post game interview, he said there were 1200 Murray State fans in attendance!!!

New Orleans is starting Zion on January 22. They are too CHICKEN to start him at the MLK game January 20 in Memphis. 🐔

What was that about? Was Murray State playing Memphis or something?

On 1/18/2020 at 5:56 AM, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

THIS ! 

that was crazy !!! And to think once our own guys get used to playing WITH him -> look all the way out !

you hear people talking about seeing angles and passing lanes ...

Ja creates angles that you don’t see even as he’s making the play... I’d always been taught to not leave your feet hoping to make a play ... Ja leaves his feet and freestyles

in the air

on a regular basis.

and it works !

(Will work even better as our own guys learn to always EXPECT him to hit them with a heater) 

and as far as plays of the day - go ahead and save him a spot . He’s guaranteed to get you a play or three  

every game.

his handles are sneaky shifty I don’t know how to really explain it but sometimes he will look outta control and facing a certain turnover then 

he straight flips the script and serves up a sweet dime, layup , or if you happen to get his attention- a filthy yam in your mug.

take that 

kinda reminds me of early Kyrie with the handles- except he has jet packs strapped to his ankles that allow him to get up on that rim one handed two handed - right foot wrong foot one foot two feet - plus the contortionist layups...

So true. BC is also good at contorting his body in mid air.

5 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

More like Ja has incredibly loyal fans. In fact, the whole NBA is starting to wake up to this new all-star rookie.

23 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

13 minutes ago, GameOn said:

More like Ja has incredibly loyal fans. In fact, the whole NBA is starting to wake up to this new all-star rookie.

Yep, they were saying that they all took the 3 1/2 hour bus ride down just to see him.

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

Yep, they were saying that they all took the 3 1/2 hour bus ride down just to see him.

That’s amazing 

the cavs hired the wrong coach this team will be screwed for the next 5 years 

On 1/18/2020 at 11:09 AM, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

We overcame Spurs, now we need to chase OKC. If we play like we are playing since Ja return - we will succeed. Funny.

to early to think about we will overcome by WINNING

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

That’s amazing 

The crowd was legit peppered with gold and yellow (Murray state colors) too.     Very good fanbase for sure.