PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Too talented to tank...Coaching not good enough to make the playoff...Stuck between a rock and a hard place or Nah?

4 minutes ago, TRE2K3 said:

No but Jaren increase in rebounds is helping

It's taken JJJ about half the season but he is finally showing some improvement. He isn't fouling as much and he has been better rebounding lately. 

13 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

It's taken JJJ about half the season but he is finally showing some improvement. He isn't fouling as much and he has been better rebounding lately. 

Yup, this is also around his his first full 82  game (not exact but close)

6 hours ago, TRE2K3 said:

At one point Conley was the highest paid player in the league without being an all star or on all defense first team

Incorrect.  Conley signed the largest ever contract to that point (over several seasons)  but he has never been the highest paid in the league in any season.  LeBron made about $5M or $6M more than Conley that season.

43 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Incorrect.  Conley signed the largest ever contract to that point (over several seasons)  but he has never been the highest paid in the league in any season.  LeBron made about $5M or $6M more than Conley that season.

That's what I meant

41 minutes ago, TRE2K3 said:

That's what I meant

Okay.  It's just often repeated that he was the highest paid player when he never truly was.  I understood your point though.

On 1/6/2020 at 8:01 PM, smit-tay griz said:

You really think they'd let us get 40?  Refs would probably have Dillon and Jaren foul out of the series in the first period.

As I look at the standings, that Lakers-Grizzlies series wouldn't be a bad series to market.

More appealing than Spurs (zzzz), T'Wolves, Suns.

Kings might be a better California market with the rivalry.

Portland or Pelicans with healthy Zion would probably be preferred.

1. Keep the vets for this season (Crowder and Hill) 
  2. Trade Iggy to Dallas for Clee +2nd then waive Clee
  3. Sign Joakim Noah with roster spot!   

Who wit me!!!

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Who wit me!!!

Not me. Trade Iggy but not for a player to be dropped like CLee and two second round picks, I would trade Solomon Hill at least if not Jae for a 2nd round pick if possible. I don't want Noah who isn't the type of player this team needs in the middle. 

7 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Not me. Trade Iggy but not for a player to be dropped like CLee and two second round picks, I would trade Solomon Hill at least if not Jae for a 2nd round pick if possible. I don't want Noah who isn't the type of player this team needs in the middle. 

Cmon don't be a killjoy we are making the playoffs!   Need veterans on squad to do that.

My plan gets us there without sacrificing assets!    I am more open to trading Hill but i can't see anyone actually wanting him.    Crowder has been too much of a leader on the court and the young guns love him.    Trading him may affect the locker-room.   

We need another big body C as insurance who fits the bill better than Noah for us???    He would be 3rd string anyway.   

4 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Cmon don't be a killjoy we are making the playoffs!   Need veterans on squad to do that.

My plan gets us there without sacrificing assets!    I am more open to trading Hill but i can't see anyone actually wanting him.    Crowder has been too much of a leader on the court and the young guns love him.    Trading him may affect the locker-room.   

We need another big body C as insurance who fits the bill better than Noah for us???    He would be 3rd string anyway.   

The team isn't going to trade for CLee and then buy him out. The team believes Andre is worth more than two second round picks (that Dallas hasn't offered as far as I know anyway). Solomon Hill is taking minutes away from Grayson Allen and possibly Josh Jackson. Trading him won't hurt the franchise at all. 

Last week you were complaining about Solomon Hill playing at all and now you are saying he can't be traded? Give me a break. I am against trying to make the playoffs now rather than planning for a future of continued playoff appearances. Jae could be traded which would free up space for Jackson to get PT as well. These are things you have been posting about for weeks.

Joakim Noah isn't needed as a 3rd center. He doesn't spread the court at all. He would clog the lanes making it more difficult for the offense to function and his defense isn't good enough to overcome the damage he would do to the offense. 

Suddenly you think this team can make the playoffs (not advance however) and so you are throwing away chances to get more talent for a first round playoff exit? Don't get overly excited. The team has three or more veterans who could bring in talent for the future that would make the team a serious playoff contender in the future. They can walk for nothing after the season so it is best to get something for them now. This isn't the year to focus on the playoffs. This is the year to focus on the future.     

17 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

The team isn't going to trade for CLee and then buy him out. The team believes Andre is worth more than two second round picks (that Dallas hasn't offered as far as I know anyway). Solomon Hill is taking minutes away from Grayson Allen and possibly Josh Jackson. Trading him won't hurt the franchise at all. 

Last week you were complaining about Solomon Hill playing at all and now you are saying he can't be traded? Give me a break. I am against trying to make the playoffs now rather than planning for a future of continued playoff appearances. Jae could be traded which would free up space for Jackson to get PT as well. These are things you have been posting about for weeks.

Joakim Noah isn't needed as a 3rd center. He doesn't spread the court at all. He would clog the lanes making it more difficult for the offense to function and his defense isn't good enough to overcome the damage he would do to the offense. 

Suddenly you think this team can make the playoffs (not advance however) and so you are throwing away chances to get more talent for a first round playoff exit? Don't get overly excited. The team has three or more veterans who could bring in talent for the future that would make the team a serious playoff contender in the future. They can walk for nothing after the season so it is best to get something for them now. This isn't the year to focus on the playoffs. This is the year to focus on the future.     

Boooooo   shooo this man!!  😂  Stop being a buzzkill!

I was at the game watching their chemistry and interactions with the vets.   The young guys legit love them and they legit help.   I am not a robot that slavishly argues past takes when i have been given new information.   These vets understand their roles and that makes all the difference.  Havent you been the person arguing for years that we should never have a total youth movement???   Crowder+Hill+Jonas are the only dudes on team that are over 25y old.  

I have pretty much chalked up Josh Jackson as a loss due to the FO handling of that situation.   Solo can still be traded but i think he has little value.  Crowder is the only real argument and there are real reasons on both sides of it to keep him. 

Did you bump your head or something?   Why are you arguing about Noah spreading the floor?  Who wants him to do that??  Did you suddenly forget how much of a positive impact he had for us last season?   Did you forget what role a 3rd string center plays?  Did you forget the definition of insurance??  

Why wouldn't the team buyout CLee?  Its a less expensive buyout than Iggy.  The team can believe Iggy is worth more than 2nd rdrs but if thats the only legit offer then you take it.  

16 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Boooooo   shooo this man!!  😂  Stop being a buzzkill!

I was at the game watching their chemistry and interactions with the vets.   The young guys legit love them and they legit help.   I am not a robot that slavishly argues past takes when i have been given new information.   These vets understand their roles and that makes all the difference.  Havent you been the person arguing for years that we should never have a total youth movement???   Crowder+Hill+Jonas are the only dudes on team that are over 25y old.  

I have pretty much chalked up Josh Jackson as a loss due to the FO handling of that situation.   Solo can still be traded but i think he has little value.  Crowder is the only real argument and there are real reasons on both sides of it to keep him. 

Did you bump your head or something?   Why are you arguing about Noah spreading the floor?  Who wants him to do that??  Did you suddenly forget how much of a positive impact he had for us last season?   Did you forget what role a 3rd string center plays?  Did you forget the definition of insurance??  

Why wouldn't the team buyout CLee?  Its a less expensive buyout than Iggy.  The team can believe Iggy is worth more than 2nd rdrs but if thats the only legit offer then you take it.  

Weren't you the one who said that Crowder should be traded a few weeks ago? Anyway, as I said in the beginning, "I would trade Solomon Hill at least - if not Jae - for a 2nd round pick if possible." You were the one who said don't trade either player after demanding Solomon not be played and both players be traded recently. Now, less than 24 hours later you have changed your tune again and said Solomon Hill could be traded but not Crowder. It will be interesting to see how you feel next week about that.  

I never argued that the team shouldn't have a total youth movement. I did argue that the team shouldn't be gutted while still competitive to make room for a youth movement. Once they stopped being competitive I have not argued against the turnaround. 

A few weeks ago you demanded that Josh be given playing time. Today you have given up on Josh. Next week who knows how you will feel? 

I am not arguing Noah should spread the court. I am arguing that Noah would clog the middle. The offense that Jenkins prefers have big men who spread the court, making room for Ja and Tyus to penetrate and kick out. If the opposing bigs are camped in the middle and ignoring Noah, as they surely would and should, on the perimeter it disrupts the offense. Noah is not the type of big Jenkins wants and it is best to give the coach players who can succeed in the system if you want to be successful. 

The team may buy out CLee if that is the best offer they get. However, the trade deadline is a month away so there is no reason to rush into this deal prior to the deadline. It makes no sense to trade Iggy for 2 second round picks today especially if you are simply going to buyout the veteran you get in return. According to the ESPN Trade machine this trade doesn't benefit or hurt either team so there is no rush. 

I do agree that if Clee and 2 second round picks is the best the team can get they should do the deal. I don't believe they need to do that deal in January when it will most likely still be on the table in February at the deadline. It is best to wait on a decision until you have to make a decision. 

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Who wit me!!!

....yeah....smartest poster ever.....i hope you are as smart in your class...real stable genius...

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

+1

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Culture period.

tuffness

hard work

and certifiable

teammates LOVE HIM competitors cant stand him

Gotta have some CRAZY

I'll bet he would sign his contract in CRAYON 🤣

I'm all the way in