PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Too talented to tank...Coaching not good enough to make the playoff...Stuck between a rock and a hard place or Nah?

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, lions said:

we are a BIG.QUICK . MEAN big man away i.m hoping for james wiseman

Wiseman isn't mean. As a matter of fact, one of his knocks is he is too nice and he needs some "dog" in him. I'm past him now after he bailed mid season. I don't want any of these draft picks. Should convey to BOS this year and get it over with 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Play hard. Play to win.  Let the chips fall where they fall.

All deals should be done to help the Memphis Grizzlies win in the future, not the present, or at least be a non-negative for the future.

It is still a developmental year, but how great would it be to get a playoff season in for these guys?

 

 

However, the Grizzlies sitting at #8 would make for a super fun playoff series with #1 Lakers.

I imagine the FT disparity from the series to be about 199-40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Wiseman isn't mean. As a matter of fact, one of his Knicks is he is too nice and he needs some "dog" in him. I'm past him now after he bailed mid season. I don't want any of these draft picks. Should convey to BOS this year and get it over with 

 

i,m more excited about being 80 million under the cap next year. HAPPY FOR YOUR Tennessee volunteers football winning that BOWL game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, lions said:

i,m more excited about being 80 million under the cap next year. HAPPY FOR YOUR Tennessee volunteers football winning that BOWL game 

 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Wiseman isn't mean. As a matter of fact, one of his knocks is he is too nice and he needs some "dog" in him. I'm past him now after he bailed mid season. I don't want any of these draft picks. Should convey to BOS this year and get it over with 

 

Seeing Jaren busting out with the real Unicorn Power - i really so no reason for Wiseman.    So what if he rebounds and finishes lobs.   We already have that in Brandon Clarke at unreal efficiency.   We need a legit SF and this draft doesn't have any that are worth a lottery pick. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Seeing Jaren busting out with the real Unicorn Power - i really so no reason for Wiseman.    So what if he rebounds and finishes lobs.   We already have that in Brandon Clarke at unreal efficiency.   We need a legit SF and this draft doesn't have any that are worth a lottery pick. 

Teams always can use better rebounding. Clarke is efficient shooting the ball but the team still below average rebounding the ball. Great rebounding teams win at a higher percentage than poor rebounding teams. 

The draft isn't for filling holes in a roster. The draft is for picking up talent cheaply. Trades and free agency is how teams fill holes in their rosters and having a lot of talent makes it easier to do both of those things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Wiseman isn't mean. As a matter of fact, one of his knocks is he is too nice and he needs some "dog" in him. I'm past him now after he bailed mid season. I don't want any of these draft picks. Should convey to BOS this year and get it over with 

 

i like this thinking...if he has no dog in him now, it's not in his DNA....another reason to pass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

 👍

good hire in ron rivera I saw him coach here with the Carolina panthers for the past 9 years he did some great things here in charlotte. hope redskins owners lets him run the show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Teams always can use better rebounding. Clarke is efficient shooting the ball but the team still below average rebounding the ball. Great rebounding teams win at a higher percentage than poor rebounding teams. 

The draft isn't for filling holes in a roster. The draft is for picking up talent cheaply. Trades and free agency is how teams fill holes in their rosters and having a lot of talent makes it easier to do both of those things. 

Brandon #2 amongst all rookies in rebounding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if the grizzlies can some now make the plays, coach Jenkins will be right up there for coach of the years votes, so far he was a  GREAT hire , every  time the grizzlies had a bad game, they always seem to rebound nicely ,that COACHING

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Play hard. Play to win.  Let the chips fall where they fall.

All deals should be done to help the Memphis Grizzlies win in the future, not the present, or at least be a non-negative for the future.

It is still a developmental year, but how great would it be to get a playoff season in for these guys?

 

 

However, the Grizzlies sitting at #8 would make for a super fun playoff series with #1 Lakers.

I imagine the FT disparity from the series to be about 199-40.

You really think they'd let us get 40?  Refs would probably have Dillon and Jaren foul out of the series in the first period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Teams always can use better rebounding. Clarke is efficient shooting the ball but the team still below average rebounding the ball. Great rebounding teams win at a higher percentage than poor rebounding teams. 

The draft isn't for filling holes in a roster. The draft is for picking up talent cheaply. Trades and free agency is how teams fill holes in their rosters and having a lot of talent makes it easier to do both of those things. 

I’d take Wiseman just for what his potential says he can be defensively and on the glass. But I’m not interested in the cheap talent that the draft has to offer at this stage in the teams development. We have a stable of young guys who are on reasonable deals. If I were the Grizzlies I’d leverage those probable late 1st round picks we got from the Jazz and Warriors for proven talent. 
 

With Ja, Jaren and JV playing like cornerstone building blocks and a stable of young affordable talent, this team needs more proven talent on the wing to pair with what they have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm firmly in the play hard and coach to win category also.  Don't change the plan for attempting to get better for the future (ie don't mortgage the future to get the 8 seed).  Let the chips fall where they fall but don't change the course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Teams always can use better rebounding. Clarke is efficient shooting the ball but the team still below average rebounding the ball. Great rebounding teams win at a higher percentage than poor rebounding teams. 

The draft isn't for filling holes in a roster. The draft is for picking up talent cheaply. Trades and free agency is how teams fill holes in their rosters and having a lot of talent makes it easier to do both of those things. 

Clarke and Melton are excellent rebounders.   If we need more rebounding then simply play them more minutes.    If we end up with #1 pick then sure get Wiseman but i am just not enamored with adding him to the team.     

We need more wing talent than we do another Big.  Also at some point having multiple Top 4 picks becomes too expensive to keep.  Its good to pepper some lower round picks in simply due to salary restriction reasons.      Won't Jaren and Ja become eligible for Super Max?

There are plenty of BIgs that can be had in lower rounds that can develop into rebounding defensive guys.   RIght now that's all we need from a third Big.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Clarke and Melton are excellent rebounders.   If we need more rebounding then simply play them more minutes.    If we end up with #1 pick then sure get Wiseman but i am just not enamored with adding him to the team.     

We need more wing talent than we do another Big.  Also at some point having multiple Top 4 picks becomes too expensive to keep.  Its good to pepper some lower round picks in simply due to salary restriction reasons.      Won't Jaren and Ja become eligible for Super Max?

There are plenty of BIgs that can be had in lower rounds that can develop into rebounding defensive guys.   RIght now that's all we need from a third Big.  

  • ROFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, TRE2K3 said:

Brandon #2 amongst all rookies in rebounding

Do you believe Brandon Clarke is the answer to the Grizzlies poor rebounding? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grizzfan7979 said:

Jaren and Ja are going to be max or near max players.

sure....but not supermax....ROFL is for a poster who has no idea who and how one could be eligible for a supermax....

Who is eligible to sign a supermax contract?

Very few players qualify for a supermax contract. First, only a player that has (or will have) completed eight years of NBA service by the end of his current contract is eligible to sign a supermax deal, which can only be offered by the team that drafted him or traded for his rookie contract. 

Then, a player must meet one of the following three criteria.

  • Be named to an All-NBA team in the most recent season or both seasons before it
  • OR, be named NBA Defensive Player of the Year in the most recent season or both seasons before it
  • OR, be named NBA MVP in any of the three previous seasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

sure....but not supermax....ROFL is for a poster who has no idea who and how one could be eligible for a supermax....

Who is eligible to sign a supermax contract?

Very few players qualify for a supermax contract. First, only a player that has (or will have) completed eight years of NBA service by the end of his current contract is eligible to sign a supermax deal, which can only be offered by the team that drafted him or traded for his rookie contract. 

Then, a player must meet one of the following three criteria.

  • Be named to an All-NBA team in the most recent season or both seasons before it
  • OR, be named NBA Defensive Player of the Year in the most recent season or both seasons before it
  • OR, be named NBA MVP in any of the three previous seasons

If you think Ja and Jaren don't have that type of potential then you are the clueless one.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

If you think Ja and Jaren don't have that type of potential then you are the clueless one.  

...saying poster.... who has no idea who and how one could be eligible for a supermax....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

...saying poster.... who has no idea who and how one could be eligible for a supermax....

What are you talking about?  Did you actually think i meant there very next contract?? I just assumed ppl understood that i was referring to the future.  Guess i have to be specific for those that can't comprehend that.    

  1. Plan is to keep Ja and Jaren as long as we can long past rookie deals
  2. Ja and Jaren's ceiling are All-NBA players
  3. Jaren ceiling is All-defensive
  4. NBA MVP is not out of the question for Ja within next 8 years. 

So how would they not become eligible?    Both of their trajectories are ALL-NBA types.    Newsflash: making the 3rd team still qualifies.  Zach and Marc both made ALL-NBA teams before so it is not insurmountable for a Memphis player to do it again. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

What are you talking about?  Did you actually think i meant there very next contract?? I just assumed ppl understood that i was referring to the future.  Guess i have to be specific for those that can't comprehend that.    

  1. Plan is to keep Ja and Jaren as long as we can long past rookie deals
  2. Ja and Jaren's ceiling are All-NBA players
  3. Jaren ceiling is All-defensive
  4. NBA MVP is not out of the question for Ja within next 8 years. 

So how would they not become eligible?    Both of their trajectories are ALL-NBA types.    Newsflash: making the 3rd team still qualifies.  Zach and Marc both made ALL-NBA teams before so it is not insurmountable for a Memphis player to do it again. 

 

...yeah...you are one of the smartest posters out there....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Do you believe Brandon Clarke is the answer to the Grizzlies poor rebounding? 

No but Jaren increase in rebounds is helping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At one point Conley was the highest paid player in the league without being an all star or on all defense first team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now