Grizzled Vet

The overly optimistic, highly unlikely 19-20 playoff thread

58 minutes ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

I think we have to calm down and wait another month before realistically speak about PO. Portland, SA, Phoenix may buy another good player and be much better in second half of the season. The key for us is to sell  Diva Iggy and another guys in the roster, then get another strong player and we may fight for it. Wait and See. 

Agreed 

53 minutes ago, Iron Mike said:

CP3? Please. No. 

There are many reasons to hate Chris Paul, but a Grizzlies fan just needs to remember him crashing intentionally into Marc Gasol when he was recovering from an abdominal or rib injury, I can't recall. With Griffin setting it up, if my memory doesn't fail. Can't find a video.

There are some players you "hate" until they are on your team, but he's on another level.

4 minutes ago, Elillo said:

There are many reasons to hate Chris Paul, but a Grizzlies fan just needs to remember him crashing intentionally into Marc Gasol when he was recovering from an abdominal or rib injury, I can't recall. With Griffin setting it up, if my memory doesn't fail. Can't find a video.

There are some players you "hate" until they are on your team, but he's on another level.

It was Barnes.

On 1/5/2020 at 6:30 AM, Ethan7 said:

We are just 1 game out of the 8th seed. 

So close!

Being a half a game out.   It is realistic.   I am beyond proud of the young guys, our rookie coach and our vets.   Scoring 140 and us even talking about the playoffs was something I don't any of us expected.   The future looks really bright and we can continue to build on what we have. 

YO

1 hour ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Spurs!

How are they beating Celtics, Raptors, and Bucks lately?

Next Grizzlies game is half way point of season.

They're playing really good ball lately, AND we beat them by double digits. That's kind of hard to imagine.

I cant wait for this coming Monday 

5 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

I cant wait for this coming Monday 

Hate to be pessimistic on this game but Houston has lost the last 6 games played at FEF, and being were 5 games into a winning streak I'm feeling a let down coming against a super motivated Rockets team, jeez I hope I'm wrong 

12 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Spurs!

How are they beating Celtics, Raptors, and Bucks lately?

Next Grizzlies game is half way point of season.

pop is playing walker more instead of bellinelli, gay has been great, derozn great

45 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

We have a .667 record since Ja returned from injury. Just saying.

It’s crazy 54-55 win pace (if that was all season)

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

We have a .667 record since Ja returned from injury. Just saying.

We're taking advantage of a soft stretch in the schedule (2 wins against the Warriors, 2 wins against the Suns, wins against the Wizards, Kings, Hornets and TWolves), which is encouraging to see from a young team. 

Unfortunately, we have the 7th toughest schedule left (.514 SOS), while some of our competition for the 8th spot has an easier time the rest of the way (Portland is close at .509, San Antonio is at .504, OKC is at .494, New Orleans is at .487).

http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

one thing I,m worried about when the play off run starts I,m worried we have to many young players ,.veteran teams seems to have a bigger edge just a tought

Other thing this team changed from the previous years is how they respond through runs and the 3rd quarters focus. I love this team, we deserve Playoffs.

On 1/6/2020 at 5:12 AM, FrenchGrizzlies said:

I think we have to calm down and wait another month before realistically speak about PO. Portland, SA, Phoenix may buy another good player and be much better in second half of the season. The key for us is to sell  Diva Iggy and another guys in the roster, then get another strong player and we may fight for it. Wait and See. 

Im nervous and I want to just have fun this season but I would love seeing this roster who plays fearless make the playoffs

Sure we all do. But if we look at roster, SA is stronger than us.. Portland if they add one guy will be tough, NO if Zion finally come back may go for it.... so won't be easy. I enjoy watching them and hope we get it. 

None of us were thinking playoffs this year, so just actually being there half way through the season is a win for me, whether we hold it or not. We are suppose to be the one of the worst teams in the league this year.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:23 PM, lions said:

one thing I,m worried about when the play off run starts I,m worried we have to many young players ,.veteran teams seems to have a bigger edge just a tought

Yes, certainly likely, but in the long run having this playoff pursuit experience BUT COMING UP SHORT wouldn't be the worst thing.  They get the experience and hopefully a desire for greater success in the coming seasons.

16 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Yes, certainly likely, but in the long run having this playoff pursuit experience BUT COMING UP SHORT wouldn't be the worst thing.  They get the experience and hopefully a desire for greater success in the coming seasons.

the Grizzlies will become a POWER house , there is no doubt in my mind about that , this is the most excited I have been with this team 

in the past I become excited about the team being good , this time i.m excited because I FEEL  the Memphis Grizzlies will be the BEST team in the N.B.A in about 3 years 

T, Jenkins  is a YOUNG larry Bown ,