Grizzled Vet

The overly optimistic, highly unlikely 19-20 playoff thread

Kings lost by 17 at home to the Sixers, who are terrible on the road and missing Embiid and Simmons

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

Kings lost by 17 at home to the Sixers, who are terrible on the road and missing Embiid and Simmons

Yes just show how it's hard to keep momentum. Kings were playing well since 2 weeks but slow down today...Good for us. I think Portland will be the main problem. Dame is a fantastic player and they have lot of experience in the team. But we still in front !!! Go Grizzz !!!

2 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Yes just show how it's hard to keep momentum. Kings were playing well since 2 weeks but slow down today...Good for us. I think Portland will be the main problem. Dame is a fantastic player and they have lot of experience in the team. But we still in front !!! Go Grizzz !!!

Portland has the best mix of experience and talent.

Thanks for the overview !! I agree 10 games staying at .500 probably gets us in unless Portland goes unconscious 

gets Ws against

Hawks

knicks

magic

dallas 

Blazers 

thunder

rockets

raptors

76ers

and one more .... :) tough but doable 

And Portland I hope just falls into a mess so we can lock it up 

I look at the stat of Iggy since he play for Miami. Great player, same level with Marko, what a joke...Crowder look like a superstar compare to this washed 'superstar''.  Such a great move by FO.

On 3/1/2020 at 11:46 PM, Wells said:

Grizzlies' magic numbers are 20 against the Pelicans and Kings, 21 against the Spurs, 19 against the Blazers and 17 against the Suns.

Updating the numbers: Kings 18, Blazers 14, Pelicans 15, Spurs 16, and Suns 13.

These do not take into account any tie breakers. This is straight combination of wins and losses needed.

10 hours ago, Wells said:

These do not take into account any tie breakers. This is straight combination of wins and losses needed.

Thanks for the update!  The window is beginning to close for some of those teams... the Kings, however, remain my biggest source of nerves.

12 hours ago, Wells said:

Also, for the record, the next Grizzlies win or Warriors loss officially eliminates the Golden St Warriors.

Although I do hope a healthy Steph Curry comes back and knocks off the Spurs (twice), Portland, and Sacramento (if needed in last game of season)

2 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

kings?....hmmm....we are not afraid of this dumpster fire of a franchise are we?....kings....ha ha ha

Well, I mean, they've been on a bit of a hot streak over the last month, they are closest to us in the standings, and they just crushed the Blazers... so, yes, I'd say they should at least be on our radar.

We should beat the magic this week so that should keep us where we are currently. 

Well the pelicans got revenge on the wolves today. If kings beat Toronto might be time to start worrying

Pelicans have beaten the Wolves today... Suns are currently crushing the Bucks with one half left to play... Spurs are likely to win against the Cavaliers... and the Kings are at home against the Raptors, which is probably a closer matchup than we want to believe... it is shaping  up to be a bad day for the Grizzlies.

12 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

Well the pelicans got revenge on the wolves today. If kings beat Toronto might be time to start worrying

Memphis is in the driver seat, 

keep winning the games we are supposed  to win at play 500 for the others then were in 

new orleans will plays the  kings. spurs and so on 

1 hour ago, lions said:

keep winning the games we are supposed  to win at play 500 for the others then were in 

That's all we can do 

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

The Bucks look very vulnerable without Giannis. He better stay healthy.

Yep, that's the problem when you build a team around just one guy... for us, we got the key, just need to stay at 50% and it will work. Go Grizz !!!

3 hours ago, Subliminal said:

I can't believe 538 still has Pelicans at 60% chance to make playoffs and Grizz at less than 20.