Grizzled Vet

The overly optimistic, highly unlikely 19-20 playoff thread

New Orleans vs Portland tonight. Let’s hope for multiple overtimes. Not sure who i want to win but hoping New Orleans and then we can hit Portland with back to back losses to knock the starch out of them.

2 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

New Orleans vs Portland tonight. Let’s hope for multiple overtimes. Not sure who i want to win but hoping New Orleans and then we can hit Portland with back to back losses to knock the starch out of them.

Yep need NOP to win because POR is nipping at our heels.    Dame is the real threat. 

2 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

This.. glad to see you posting again, where ya been? 

4 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Feel exactly the same way.

I hope WE get it but I think Portland ends up getting it 

13 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

And guess who's going to get the benefit of the doubt from the refs all night.

We'll be playing 5 against 8...

This is part of the game. Dame put some pressure on referee , tactics... let's see tomorrow how it goes. We have to keep playing hard. Go Grizzz !!!

Just now, Dwash said:

Hate to say both of these teams are better than us but I think they are. 

They might be but Pels are 6-4 in last 10 while Blazers and Grizz are 7-3. When our offense is flowing we are dangerous as well.

Just now, grizz1016 said:

They might be but Pels are 6-4 in last 10 while Blazers and Grizz are 7-3. When our offense is flowing we are dangerous as well.

I dont trust Dillon Brooks once the schedule gets tougher and we get scouted better but we will see. 

5 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I dont trust Dillon Brooks once the schedule gets tougher and we get scouted better but we will see. 

Perhaps

The Pels and Blazers still have to play a lot better ROS to make the POs. Assuming 42 wins makes POs, Pels have to go 19-9 rest of way. Blazers have to go 17-10; if we win tomorrow, then they have to go 17-9. It won’t be easy for either team. 

We have to go 15-14 rest of way for 42 wins. We have a very tough schedule but I believe we will steal a few and play at least .500 ball rest of way.

6 minutes ago, grizz1016 said:

Perhaps

The Pels and Blazers still have to play a lot better ROS to make the POs. Assuming 42 wins makes POs, Pels have to go 19-9 rest of way. Blazers have to go 17-10; if we win tomorrow, then they have to go 17-9. It won’t be easy for either team. 

We have to go 15-14 rest of way for 42 wins. We have a very tough schedule but I believe we will steal a few and play at least .500 ball rest of way.

I dont see 15-14 in these last 29, especially without Crowder's ability to guard a lot of the top notch players we will see. And trying to incorporate this Jackson idiot. We will need Winslow for sure. 

21 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I dont see 15-14 in these last 29, especially without Crowder's ability to guard a lot of the top notch players we will see. And trying to incorporate this Jackson idiot. We will need Winslow for sure. 

We come too far to start doubting this team now

36 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Assuming everyone we play against is fully healthy which is unlikely. IMO we’ll play .500 ball rest of way. 

toughness of our schedule to end the year is going to depend on how the playoff seeding shakes out.

our last 4 games (vs Denver, OKC, 76ers, Houston) could mean nothing to them and could mean facing bum squads potentially. Hopefully we don't end up like the Kings last year who were 28-25 and looking like an 8th seed contender before falling apart with a 11-18 record at the end.

14 hours ago, Ace-is-high said:

This.. glad to see you posting again, where ya been? 

Twitter lol

Time to start thinking 6th seed folks. Let’s not act like the little guys. If New Orleans thinks they can catch us, we should feel we can catch Okc or Dallas!!!

45 minutes ago, MemphisX said:

Twitter lol

Time to start thinking 6th seed folks. Let’s not act like the little guys. If New Orleans thinks they can catch us, we should feel we can catch Okc or Dallas!!!

100% this . 

1 hour ago, MemphisX said:

Twitter lol

My man.. that’s what I like to hear

9 hours ago, MemphisX said:

Twitter lol

Bruh!  I was thinking the same thing about DAL.   They are starting to slip.  If we keep on grinding there is no reason we can't catch them.   Nobody has ever been successful playing the game "Not to lose".   WE should keep on moving the goal post forward.

I could see us catching OKC. They aren't very deep so they play their starters huge minutes. That could wear them down as we come closer to the end of the season. We don't even have anyone that averages 30 minutes a game. OKC has 4. Ja is at 29.9 to be fair.