Grizzled Vet

The overly optimistic, highly unlikely 19-20 playoff thread

Just now, srmjr23 said:

Why? We just lost two vets that have been very valuable and brought in Dion Waites. Ask most people and the main concern they have about this trade is losing vets in such a great locker room environment.

It's a huge leap saying that because we are losing a great veteran presence that "the locker room will turn ugly".

There's also a good bet that Waiters gets the Chancun/Iggy treatment from the FO. Aka he may be asked to stay away.

1 minute ago, CoolHandGriz said:

It's a huge leap saying that because we are losing a great veteran presence that "the locker room will turn ugly".

There's also a good bet that Waiters gets the Chancun/Iggy treatment from the FO. Aka he may be asked to stay away.

You misquoted me. Just use the quote button. 

My whole point was that it seems crazy to me that our chances of making the playoffs more than doubled when there are questions left to be answered, regardless of the fact that we brought back better players. I'm fully on board with the trade, but there are concerns. I never said though that there *would* be locker room issues. But there are legit questions about how the locker room will react if they go through a losing patch having shaken things up. It happens all the time. Dillon Brooks himself said that if they traded Crowder that they "would be mad". Who knows if thats the case, but it raises questions. 

edit: just listen to G.P's show today and he sums up how I feel very well. He would have done the trade, he likes the trade, but he has concerns 

39 minutes ago, CoolHandGriz said:

Nah i'm good with how I did it. You do you slick.

Alright, I'll continue to misquote you when it suits my point

Just now, Joey Crawford said:

😁 oh jeepers.....

What do you want me to say? The guy quoted me and completely misrepresented my point and argued against that.

Just now, srmjr23 said:

What do you want me to say? The guy quoted me and completely misrepresented my point and argued against that.

consider my comment - as me being uneducated.

Record: 27-26
Pace: 103.5 (4) OffRtg: 109.0 (19) DefRtg: 110.5 (19) NetRtg: -1.4 (18)

The Grizzlies have been as many as 10 games under .500 (they were 6-16) this season. But they've won 14 of their last 18 games to give the Western Conference an eighth team with a winning record. With their victory in Dallas on Wednesday (in which they outscored the Mavs, 60-26, in the paint), they have wins over six of the seven teams ahead of them in the standings (with the Lakers being the exception).

Now, the Grizzlies have a winning record while ranking 19th on both ends of the floor. With five losses (and only one win) by 24 points or more, they have the point differential (-1.6 per game, 11th best in the West) of a team that's 23-30. The Timberwolves have fewer losses in games that weren't within five points in the last five minutes (15) than the Grizzlies do (17).

But the Grizz have the league's second-ranked defense (107.0 points allowed per 100 possessions) over this 14-4 stretch. With the score tied with less than five minutes to go in Washington on Sunday, they got six straight stops. The Wizards are healthier than they've been in a while and the loss was their second worst offensive performance of the season (99 points on 110 possessions).

The Grizzlies still have a lot of work to do to hold onto eighth place. They still have six games remaining against the three teams behind them in the West standings, with a big one against the ninth-place Blazers on Wednesday.

Spurs are trash, I'm counting them out.

Grizz, Pels and Blazers are the only real teams left competing for that spot. My unbiased opinion is probably leaning towards Portland making it.

There's no one on the planet playing better than Lillard right now, with Giannis probably just as good. Portland are going to come home hard, we're really going to have to be at our best to hold them off and keep the 8th spot. Wednesday night's game is big. 

Let's see game after game.  The wednesday game is important but it count only for one. Tomorrow there is also a big game NO-Portland which can make Portland a bit down..After on the paper, Portland have better player than us but we can be a better team, stick together as we do now.

If we can just hold Portland and New Orleans off 

50 minutes ago, TT_Grizz said:

There's no one on the planet playing better than Lillard right now, with Giannis probably just as good. Portland are going to come home hard, we're really going to have to be at our best to hold them off and keep the 8th spot. Wednesday night's game is big. 

This.

All of this .

Dame is on a mission.

The reffs missed a clear goal tending call that cost Portland a game.

Dame went smooth off.

Went at the reffs on the court, again in his post game interview , and then sent a tweet to make sure that momma ‘nem and the league front office knew in his own words what he felt - left no room for misinterpretation.

He said he goes out there and does his job to the best of his ability every game and reffs should be doing the same . Missed calls happen ... so do missed shots . But when the game is on the line he has to recognize that and adjust to the moment . Referees should do the same.

He said that they are in a race with post season implications and every loss counts. 

Love this guy’s fire. Westbrook has that same gene. You can’t teach that - you have it or you don’t . I think Ja has it too - he’s still young and learning when and where to apply - the how - he knows how.

oh , by the way - the league did NOT fine or reprimand him for his statements . 

So anybody thinking this is just a game coming up on Wednesday night - make sure you tune in . This is gonna be huge.

36 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

This.

All of this .

Dame is on a mission.

The reffs missed a clear goal tending call that cost Portland a game.

Dame went smooth off.

Went at the reffs on the court, again in his post game interview , and then sent a tweet to make sure that momma ‘nem and the league front office knew in his own words what he felt - left no room for misinterpretation.

He said he goes out there and does his job to the best of his ability every game and reffs should be doing the same . Missed calls happen ... so do missed shots . But when the game is on the line he has to recognize that and adjust to the moment . Referees should do the same.

He said that they are in a race with post season implications and every loss counts. 

Love this guy’s fire. Westbrook has that same gene. You can’t teach that - you have it or you don’t . I think Ja has it too - he’s still young and learning when and where to apply - the how - he knows how.

oh , by the way - the league did NOT fine or reprimand him for his statements . 

So anybody thinking this is just a game coming up on Wednesday night - make sure you tune in . This is gonna be huge.

And guess who's going to get the benefit of the doubt from the refs all night.

We'll be playing 5 against 8...

6 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Grizz, Pels and Blazers are the only real teams left competing for that spot. My unbiased opinion is probably leaning towards Portland making it.

Me too.

I would feel better if Portland took it instead of New Orleans and Zion. Portland is suppossed to do that with their vets.  Zion and we get an earful from ESPN. 

6 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

I really think it'll be Portland. I just don't see the schedule working out for us. We have the toughest remaining schedule, while New Orleans has the easiest remaining schedule and Portland has the 5th easiest remaining schedule. 

http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

Of the 29 games we have left, I literally only feel confident about maaaaybe 7 (SAC?, SAC?, Atlanta, Brooklyn?, Atlanta, Orlando, New York). I'm sure we won't go 7-22, but i'd be shocked if we're able to play .500 over the remaining stretch.

34 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

I really think it'll be Portland. I just don't see the schedule working out for us. We have the toughest remaining schedule, while New Orleans has the easiest remaining schedule and Portland has the 5th easiest remaining schedule. 

http://www.tankathon.com/remaining_schedule_strength

Of the 29 games we have left, I literally only feel confident about maaaaybe 7 (SAC?, SAC?, Atlanta, Brooklyn?, Atlanta, Orlando, New York). I'm sure we won't go 7-22, but i'd be shocked if we're able to play .500 over the remaining stretch.

Man hate to see this team have to deal with losing too many games, confidence in young teams can waver and dont wanna see them lose, playoffs would be great but just seeing this team finish the season on a high note headed into the offseason is all I'm really hoping for

4 hours ago, TT_Grizz said:

Ja has to watch out for CJ McCollum's elbows! They are more terrifying that Lillard's bombs. 

3 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

And guess who's going to get the benefit of the doubt from the refs all night.

We'll be playing 5 against 8...

where have you been Carlo ? you know how this goes! EVERYBODY knows how this goes...🤣

i'm saying -> when have we EVER been given the benefit of the doubt?

5 against 8 = yeah thats true 

BUT Ja is not too far off from getting some superstar whistles himself.

He is young and exciting -> the EXACT type of player that even casual fans love to watch.

It is in the league's best interest to protect their young assets.

at least .... thats how I HOPE it goes!

I cant WAIT for this game !