Sign in to follow this  
Karas

JV and Crowder for Demar DeRozan

I don't think DeRozan does anything for us. He's mainly a scorer at all costs type of guy who doesn't necessarily get other teammates involved. i was surprised the Spurs went after him. 

I would say no for these reasons:

• More of an individual scorer, doesn't make his teammates better
  • He's 30 years old so I don't think he fits the future plans with guys like Ja and Jaren being 20
  • I don't think he makes your team better. He just puts up nice stats. 

Yeah, Derozan is a great mid-range shooter and can drive to the hoop with the best of them.  His one potential value for the Grizz would be mentorship for Ja.  He did not show much of a leadership ability in Toronto and does not look he's had much success in San Antonio either.  Personally, as a player, I don't think he's worth JV alone, never mind Crowder.  Derozan does not have a three-point shot and does not play defense.  Grizz are not in dire need of fire-power.  We all saw what JV can do when unleashed.  In addition to that, he offers elite rebounds and screens.  Grizzlies priority is developing Ja and JJJ.  Maybe if Brandon Clarke is also a priority to develop, they could unload JV and Crowder's contracts to make more room for other young talent as Derozan's contract expires...

On 12/14/2019 at 9:40 AM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I don't think DeRozan does anything for us. He's mainly a scorer at all costs type of guy who doesn't necessarily get other teammates involved. i was surprised the Spurs went after him. 

I would say no for these reasons:

• More of an individual scorer, doesn't make his teammates better
  • He's 30 years old so I don't think he fits the future plans with guys like Ja and Jaren being 20
  • I don't think he makes your team better. He just puts up nice stats. 

To be clear, the Spurs didn't go after him...BUT, Derozan and Poetl and draft pick was best combination any team offered the Spurs for Leonard..While Derozan is a very good player, he doesnt fit with age and the number of touches...we are 2 years away from being 2 years away