oldmanGrizz

Take that for data

I'm sure Chip will move this but imo, the guy has taken 2 bad jobs where he couldn't really win. I would fire his agent if I were him. Im not sure if he can coach or not and wasn't impressed with him here but he's taken bad jobs.

6 minutes ago, oldmanGrizz said:

Knicks fire David Fizdale

i_b2_19_11_david-fizdale.png?w=190

Adrian Wojnarowski: Knicks fired coach David Fizdale, league source tells ESPN.
via Twitter wojespn

Maybe the Grizzlies weren't the problem. 

Anyone want to guess on how long it takes him to be hired by the Lakers? 

47 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I'm sure Chip will move this but imo, the guy has taken 2 bad jobs where he couldn't really win. I would fire his agent if I were him. Im not sure if he can coach or not and wasn't impressed with him here but he's taken bad jobs.

He can't coach, plays guys out of position and consistently throws players under the bus

Definitely can't coach. He never ran a single play except for pick n roll or 5 spread. 

He'll be a Fakers assistant soon I'm sure. 

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

He can't coach, plays guys out of position and consistently throws players under the bus

Now way Mitch Robinson should be relegated to the bench when he hasn’t fouled out. Him and Barrett should be the lead on that team to grow the team. Not Morris Sr. 

How is he going win with that roster?

4 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

His agent didn't make him take the job.

If he's taken "bad jobs" that's his decision.

So much for the Spike Lee friendship

4 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

...but other than that he's ok.

4 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

All of that may be true. I was not a fan of his with the Grizz but not sure if he got a fair shake either. Taking the Knicks job is an indicator of clinical insanity. Their entire organization from the team owners to front office down to the janitors are a trainwreck. No one could succeed there as long as Dolan owns the team and is calling shots. 

Fizz is just a guy as a coach. He won't develop young talent or get the most out of bad talent, he want optimize good talent either, he's just there to me, a placeholder, a Jason Garrett type. 

7 hours ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I guess I'm not up on things, but coaches have agents too!!??  The next time I have to submit a resume for a job I think I'll consider hiring an agent (not David Fizdale's:ph34r:).

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I guess I'm not up on things, but coaches have agents too!!??  The next time I have to submit a resume for a job I think I'll consider hiring an agent (not David Fizdale's:ph34r:).

I dunno, dude has bad b-ball skills but great marketingXxx gets 22m for a season  and a bit with Knicks.,,, I’ll take his agent any day :):):):)

8 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

At least on the college level. Jimmy Sexton represents a ton of SEC coaches as well as Mike Norvell the Memphis coach. I would assume pro coaches have some type of agent or lawyer representing them in negotiations. 

13 hours ago, Lugan Village said:

No two situations are the same, but what's the number in wins Jenkins needs this year to keep the dogs off? 20, 25, 30?  

Our team / management have not stated that their goal is to win as many games as possible so I think this question is one that will not come up this season.

For some inexplicable reason NYK ownership had a stated goal of being competitive and winning games. 

I didn't follow Fizz in New York but I know when he coached the Grizzlies I saw player development. I'm not  sure why the kick and man when he's down post was created.

46 minutes ago, SC Grizz said:

Our team / management have not stated that their goal is to win as many games as possible so I think this question is one that will not come up this season.

For some inexplicable reason NYK ownership had a stated goal of being competitive and winning games. 

i mostly agree, you'd think this year is a hall pass for Jenkins no matter what...BUT, this is a business and ya gotta compete...so dooms day scenario, they like finish the first half with 10-14 wins, JJJ play is inconsistent, JA & JV level off, the other vets play for themselves yada yada...this all then goes back to coaching and chemistry..fan interest and gate falls off...and the only win is we may get a high lottery pick...but so what?  This is a business, and how many first year coaching casualties have there been?  Not saying Jenkins is totally responsible, but this is why I've said from DAY 1, I don't believe in total rebuilds, ya just don't give the rooks/2nd year "pro's" the keys to the game without accountability, and you compete or you sit....is Jenkins that guy?  I guess we will see.

On 12/6/2019 at 3:03 PM, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

Fizdale is the man you want to lead your team to the promised lottery land.

He hasn't had the best luck with rosters, but that could be said about a lot of coaches. 

Fizdale also has had some issues with players, especially the top European kind: Gasol and Porzingis. The criticism of European championships coming from somebody who won a championship riding the coattails of LeBron, Wade and Bosh would be pretty hard to take.