Sign in to follow this  
SC Grizz

Trade Targets 2020

Recommended Posts

Bojan

Anfernee Simmons

Really any solid young SG.

 

Who is on your wish list to grow with Ja, B. Clarke, JV and company?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seth Curry or Jalen Brunson in an Iggy or Jae trade.

Our team NEEDS are shooting, shooting, secondary play making, perimeter defense, front court depth, shooting, wing rebounding, shooting, extra draft picks, cash considerations, shooting, more lob threats, intangibles, and shooting.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Seth Curry or Jalen Brunson in an Iggy or Jae trade.

Our team NEEDS are shooting, shooting, secondary play making, perimeter defense, front court depth, shooting, wing rebounding, shooting, extra draft picks, cash considerations, shooting, more lob threats, intangibles, and shooting.

 

kinda sounds like a major rebuild?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

kinda sounds like a major rebuild?

We are good in lead guard play (Ja), primary scoring (Ja/Jaren), primary rebounding (JV for now), and guard depth (although most of the guards on our team are scrubs).  I guess Kyle takes care of secondary play making, but extra play making wouldn't hurt.  If De'Anthony Melton is the real deal then he would help with perimeter defense, rebounding, and play making.  Still need some high-level shooters, another wing player who is AT LEAST as good (hopefully better than) as Dillon/Slo Mo to complete a three wing rotation.  Extra big man depth would help even if we keep JV long-term and play Bruno a bit more.

Our top few guys/young core/rotation pieces are good, but I think we need to reshuffle our bench.

Melton/Josh/Konchar could be key upgrades for our bench.  That plus draft picks and extra rotation-quality big men would really really help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pipe dream, but Zach Lavine would be my target if we get any pick that doesn’t net us James Wiseman. And if we stumble onto James I’d try to build a package around JJJ to get him. Lavine and Ja with a lob catching stretch big would be amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zach Lavine if we are able to get James Wiseman.  

Ja/Zach/Crowder?/J3/JW

Tyus/Dillon/Kyle/Clarke/Jonas

Melton/Grayson/Gudruc/Bruno/draft pick

playoff caliber team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, QMemphis said:

Zach Lavine if we are able to get James Wiseman.  

Ja/Zach/Crowder?/J3/JW

Tyus/Dillon/Kyle/Clarke/Jonas

Melton/Grayson/Gudruc/Bruno/draft pick

playoff caliber team

I"d switch Jones and Melton personally. Where do they get a second draft pick if they are drafting JW? Are you talking about the Suns second round pick?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get Wiseman, then I want shooting, shooting, and more shooting.  

Even if we drafted Anthony Edwards or another high usage guard I would want extra shooting — preferably a small forward with some size who can score, pass, shoot, rebound, and gives us versatility on defense.  

For a cheap 2nd rounder or bargain basement free agent gimme a big man who can rebound and pass some with at least something of a jump shot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 12:28 PM, Dwash said:

Otto Porter and Kelly Olynk top mine.

I'm a big fan of Kelly Olynk. Only wish we could have gotten him on his last contract. He could be playing a big role for us right now. 

Pretty sure we could flip Soloman Hill for him straight up, but don't see why the Heat would want to do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

I'm a big fan of Kelly Olynk. Only wish we could have gotten him on his last contract. He could be playing a big role for us right now. 

Pretty sure we could flip Soloman Hill for him straight up, but don't see why the Heat would want to do that.

Heat almost dealt him to Dallas in order to free up Butler money last offseason. But dealt Harkless instead. Pat Riley said 2020 was a year to make free agency runs. So absorb him into cap space this July. He might come virtually free or maybe with Johnson or Waiters attached.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Heat almost dealt him to Dallas in order to free up Butler money last offseason. But dealt Harkless instead. Pat Riley said 2020 was a year to make free agency runs. So absorb him into cap space this July. He might come virtually free or maybe with Johnson or Waiters attached.

He has a player option, I think there's a fair chance he'll opt out given the relative strengths of this years and next year's free agents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SC Grizz said:

I'm a big fan of Kelly Olynk. Only wish we could have gotten him on his last contract. He could be playing a big role for us right now. 

Pretty sure we could flip Soloman Hill for him straight up, but don't see why the Heat would want to do that.

Olynyk would put us over on the Canadian cap limit, we already have clarke...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

Olynyk would put us over on the Canadian cap limit, we already have clarke...

There’s a little known clause that states that if we ever get more than two Canadians in the roster the franchise goes back to Vancouver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

Olynyk would put us over on the Canadian cap limit, we already have clarke...

Brandon Clarke and Dillon Brooks are Canadian. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

There’s a little known clause that states that if we ever get more than two Canadians in the roster the franchise goes back to Vancouver.

11c1029972a3bb84f71f4c37c5b6ce9b.jpg.8ab9165c1d1e14a38714ab35656019b3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 8:43 AM, chipc3 said:

I"d switch Jones and Melton personally. Where do they get a second draft pick if they are drafting JW? Are you talking about the Suns second round pick?

If Melton beats Tyus for job then you trade Tyus

2nd round pick comes from Iggy trade 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this