costarica2

Should we Trade JV????

Anyone else regrets signing JV?

When he was in Toronto I always had questions about him.

Why is he not starting?

Why is he not getting minutes??

Why would Masai Ujiri(best gm in the NBA)trade him for a wash up Marc Gasol??????

After a much of games with us I totally see why the dude just doesn't fit the current NBA.

Plus Our young guys and head Coach really want to run and we are NOT going to win any games any time soon.

With JVs awsome (cheap)contract and semi young age we should try and trade him now for a first which I'm sure we will get and try to bring someone who actually fits our young guys and system better.

P.s getting rid of the JV fangirls would be the cherry on top.

Market will tell. I personaly like JV, he is a fighter and we need people like this in the team. On my opinion, we have  to find a better way to use it. But for sure, his style do not fit perfectly with the TJ system. If we got a good opportunity to trade him, we should go for it. 

I'd take phone calls for any player on this team outside of Ja and B. Clarke. Jaren 's the only other guy that I'd hate to trade, but if someone wanted him badly enough to offer something crazy, I'd let him go.

Keep him. He's one of the only bigs we have. Hes a good basketball player. He just doesn't feel right so far. I wonder if that FIBA stuff was too much for him 

Sure, listen to offers, but I don’t see the point of forcing a trade. I think his presence in the team is mostly positive and it’s not like we’re one JV trade away from competing.

5 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Why is he not starting?

Why would Masai Ujiri(best gm in the NBA)trade him for a wash up Marc Gasol??????

After a much of games with us I totally see why the dude just doesn't fit the current NBA.

Plus Our young guys and head Coach really want to run and we are NOT going to win any games any time soon.

With JVs awsome (cheap)contract and semi young age we should try and trade him now for a first which I'm sure we will get and try to bring someone who actually fits our young guys and system better.

JV started over 90% of his games with TOR. If you're talking about in his last year with TOR, for some reason I was thinking he had been hurt for a bit that season. 

He's averaging 14 and 10 for us with a 20 PER. He's doing just fine as a starting C for us. Is he the perfect fit, maybe, maybe not, who knows? Let's at least wait until the mid-point of the season. He's a productive player. 

1 hour ago, grizzgolf said:

Keep him. He's one of the only bigs we have. Hes a good basketball player. He just doesn't feel right so far. I wonder if that FIBA stuff was too much for him 

He's like THE only big we have.  Even though Clarke plays pretty big, I hesitate to classify him as one.  Jaren's big sometimes, Bruno not so much.

7 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Why is he not starting?

hell yeah....trade JV NOW....

8 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Why is he not starting?

i guess your not doing so well with JV in your lineup for NBA 2K19?  Toronto had no "zero ssues" with JV, he was moving towards 6 man of the year status until he got hurt...with Ibaka they were the best 2 tandem in the NBA at the 5....Gasol was a bust in the playoffs, and he'ss playing on fumes this year....and the press voted JV  #9 most valuable Raptor of all time...and the players and Prez wanted to present him the "ring" when Memphis plays in Toronto later this year....GM killed that saying no precedent elsewhere for giving past player a ring... stats speak for themselves on how JV is playing this year...thankfully management and coaches dont pay ANY attention to Costa Rica biases he has.....

I like JV, but also not opposed to any trade that clears cap space and nets assets (other than Ja, JJJ and Clarke obvs).

I'm willing to deal SloMo, Crowder, Iggy, etc.

Whatever works this year - we all know what this year really is.

10 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Why is he not starting?

Dear costarica2 you are fantastic and thotful poster...unfortunately most of your posts are as dumb as 3J fouls...try better next time...think before posting and never post while intoxicated or high... DON'T DRINK AND POST...

10 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Why is he not starting?

Another clueless basketball "expert" felt an itch to touch the keyboard.

Prior to last season, JV started in 434 out of 440. I know, that math and analytics is something that is foreign to you, but I understand your concern with JV not starting in 6 games in his first 6 seasons with the Raptors. Let me ease your concern - he was coming back from the injuries, so organization was easing him up. 

Last year Toronto had emerging Siakam as a PF, defensive force in Annunoby and couple other good bigs. Starting line-up of JV and Ibaka was not necessary, so they shared the duty of starting C. And combined numbers of Jobaka were elite.

After the trade JV played pretty well for the Grizzlies. But the personnel was different and head coach was OK, not the Jenkins type.

I completely agree that running and gunning style, which direction Grizzlies are heading - is the worst fit for JV. There are plenty of teams in the NBA were JV could be useful with his skills. The sooner JV is traded - the better for everyone. Cause right now and in the nearest future (3-5 seasons) Grizzlies  are heading nowhere. Post-season is an unreachable dream. ****, even quality execution on the floor would be nice, win or lose.

I'm not going to defend JV, the dude doesn't need one. But to state that JV doesn't belong in the NBA - too early and too stupid. For the next 7-8 years he is still  a starter in this league. 

Suns under D'Antony needed a good C, they got Shaq. It was the same like putting semi-truck to race with Ferrari on a race track. There are 5 guys on one basketball on the floor. It's a collective effort on offense and on defense.

Initially I was excited with the trade. But then Grizzlies lucked in into #3 Morant I think that team needs to go for a young talent with couple washed out veterans. JV is not needed in Memphis.

Ironically, Dallas would be a good fit.  The Luka Show likes to shoot and score but the pace is a bit slower and Luka is a maestro.  With Luka killing it on the glass, adding JV would make the Mavs an ELITE rebounding team.  Almost forgot about Porzingis.  If they can get away with it, a Luka/KP/JV front line would be MASSIVE.  Since they can't, you can bring JV off the bench but maybe also limit KP's minutes or give him a few games off for "load management".  

JV would set AWESOME picks for Luka, give the Mavs an interior scoring threat, be their top rebounder, and give Luka an extra pick and roll option.

Man, if the Mavs end up getting JV and Iggy from us, they might just win the whole thing.

... gimme BOTH of their good picks (mid/late first and the high second rounder), Courtney Lee, Tim Hardaway, Jr., Justin Jackson, Brunson, and Boban (plus cash considerations).

Win/Win for BOTH teams.

Boban would be a good backup for our bigs (Jaren/Clarke/Bruno).  This would also allow Jae to play some 4 -- if we don't trade him.

Brunson would give us point guard depth long-term and make Tyus Jones expendable.  

THJ might actually be a solid fit for us.  If not, oh well.

Those Mavs picks would really come in handy especially if we end up conveying our 2020 pick.  

The goal here is to add depth without compromising our core AND getting some extra picks out of the trade.  I would even give 'em either Marko or Grayson (maybe both!).  If they would take Tyus Jones off our hands for some reason then that would work too!

This is an exaggeration.  He's not ideal for the direction of the team but he definitely has his usefulness.  If Jaren is making his 3s then he and JV can  play together, but if not then it becomes an issue.  

He's a good placeholder for this season and the next two. Hopefully by his last contract year, we'll be in the playoffs and we can see how effective he is in that setting. Hopeful that JV, JJJ and coach Jenkins can figure out how to maximize the pairing as well as the season goes on.

15 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Why is he not starting?

These aren't based in reality.

1 hour ago, ACGrizz said:

He's a good placeholder for this season and the next two. Hopefully by his last contract year, we'll be in the playoffs and we can see how effective he is in that setting. Hopeful that JV, JJJ and coach Jenkins can figure out how to maximize the pairing as well as the season goes on.

I think this is the smartest approach for all our players, franchise or other...hold each one accountable based on merit.  But the culture starts from game 1 this season...

No to trading JV - at least not this season

Yes to trading ILUVJV - maybe we can get a pair of JV oven mitts for him

If this was the Grit Grind Grizz JV would be amazing sadly with this system which I don't like........ we are just wasting time playing him.

This is what I see happening we get a top 5 pick and draft Wiseman and then we trade JV.

No one is exatly happy with this situation.

16 hours ago, costarica2 said:

No need to insult the many good knowledgeable posters because of one.

Just saying.

16 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Why is he not starting?

No, no trade because there is not anyone better on the other side of the trade, to replace him.    If the grizzlies end up drafting Wiseman, then share time with JV.

JV is not the problem of grizzlies not winning games.   Making a better percentage of 3s as a team would be the difference right now, if the team is going to shoot 30 three's a game..

I also think as Ja improves on defense, it'll alleviate some of the concerns about JV on defense. Right now, the combination of Ja and JV defending the pick-and-roll is awful. Ja struggles to track his man and JV seems too slow-footed to really help hedge and recover back to the basket in time.

Some of our bigs are suffering from the lack of our VERY good rookie point guard's ability to make efficient entry passes. JJJ/JV constantly battle for position on the block, particularly JJJ/ and Ja can't make the entry pass. We've also not had nearly as much success in the pick and roll than I would have expected. It's really my only criticism of Ja. Which is so heartening, because those are things which will absolutely come as they get more volume on the court together and develop chemistry.