Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Utah Jazz - 12/7/19

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Ain't good enough for what?  Everybody's all high on Josh Jackson's G-League performance.  Yuta's been right behind him.

If he was THAT GOOD, he'd be in the team, he's been around long enough

When he's been on the team, he's pretty much been completely outplayed.

More scrub love to the fore.......

7 minutes ago, GameOn said:

OK, that was a train wreck. At least Jaren had a good game. 

Nah, you are gonna hear complaining about that 4 rebs is pathetic lol

we only had 28 rebounds in the whole game - because they hardly missed :ph34r:

28 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

or made an additional 5 but stopped 5 - same result.

Catch the drift?

I catch the drift, i.e. defending better against 3 point attempts.    But stopping 5 attempts is not the same as stopping 5 three's made.             May have to stop 10 or 13 attempts or more, in order to stop 5 three's made.

2 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

side note:   Fizdale got fired as coach of NY Knicks, I just heard.   Yesterday, I think

school year GIF

1 minute ago, Joey Crawford said:

I catch the drift, i.e. defending better against 3 point attempts.    But stopping 5 attempts is not the same stopping 5 three's made.          

most of them they were wide open, undefended, uncontested.

They couldn't miss.....

20 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

If he was THAT GOOD, he'd be in the team, he's been around long enough

When he's been on the team, he's pretty much been completely outplayed.

More scrub love to the fore.......

Outplayed by whom?  Please give me specifics, since he's only had ten total minutes played.  I mean if you just want to go off of a stupidly small sample, maybe I should point out that he has the highest FG percentage on the team.  Makes about as much sense, doesn't it?

Edit:  Make that second highest.

6 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

most of them they were wide open, undefended, uncontested.

They couldn't miss.....

I am not disagreeing with your better defense point.  

What I am saying even the defense as it was, if the grizzlies with their own shooting, matched the three's made by Utah (10 more), the grizzlies final score would be 30 points greater to their (grizzlies) final score (of this loss).

It been like that every game the grizzlies have lost.   

Ball don't lie.....😁

8 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

I catch the drift, i.e. defending better against 3 point attempts.    But stopping 5 attempts is not the same as stopping 5 three's made.             May has to stop 10 or 13 attempts or more, in order to stop 5 three's made.

Does that even make sense to you?  If it does, you've got me worried about you.

6 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Does that even make sense to you?  If it does, you've got me worried about you.

"Attempts" does not equal "made".

Stopping 5 attempts. of those 5 attempts stopped,  maybe none of them would have went in. 0.     Or maybe 1.   Or maybe 2.   or maybe 3.   or maybe 4.    or maybe 5.       

16 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Nah, you are gonna hear complaining about that 4 rebs is pathetic lol

we only had 28 rebounds in the whole game - because they hardly missed :ph34r:

And when rebounds were available they grabbed 41 of them, while we only got 28. The whole team looked out of sync. Lack of oxygen to the brain at that elevation? 

12 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

I am not disagreeing with your better defense point.  

What I am saying even the defense as it was, if the grizzlies with their own shooting, matched the three's made by Utah (10 more), the grizzlies final score would be 30 points greater to their (grizzlies) final score (of this loss).

It been like that every game the grizzlies have lost.   

Ball don't lie.....😁

Grizzlies 28.6% from 3, Jazz 55.9%. Not much splainin' to do here Lucy.

9 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

Stopping 5 attempts. of those 5 attempts stopped,  maybe none of them would have went in. 0.     Or maybe 1.   Or maybe 2.   or maybe 3.   or maybe 4.    or maybe 5.       

And if they didn't go in they were already stopped.  You said "stopping 5 three's made".  If they were made you didn't stop them.  

In that same vein, I hope you didn't think BHAL was talking about stopping 5 of the same threes that we did stop.  See what I mean?

14 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

The made vs attempts made sense to me. The snack questions are another story ...

19 minutes ago, GameOn said:

Grizzlies 28.6% from 3, Jazz 55.9%. Not much splainin' to do here Lucy.

And the other factor is that the number of thrree's attempted was pretty high - which takes away from the two's attempted, which the two's should be at a higher percentage made - in theory.

2 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Is it me, or do they just not call moving screens?

they don't...gobert was setting moving screens all game and getting wide open for lobs off of their PnR action.  allen got in his face briefly about it.

1 hour ago, Lugan Village said:

Why do our guards rush down the court and shoot their 3 before jjj or jv are barely getting over tcenter court....nobody within 25 feet of the basket just in the rare chance they miss.....

jae is by far most guilty of this, it's infuriating.

Just now, grizz09 said:

they don't...gobert was setting moving screens all game and getting wide open for lobs off of their PnR action.  allen got in his face briefly about it.

I didn't think it was me.  There have been some games this season where it seemed as if they were calling it more.  Then there are games like tonight.

4 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I didn't think it was me.  There have been some games this season where it seemed as if they were calling it more.  Then there are games like tonight.

Maybe the NBA is experimenting with certain calls to see how it affects the flow and outcome of the game. Could just be the on-going evolution of the NBA.

Jaren played great, mainly in the first half. He was aggressive in taking Gobert off the bounce. Something we need to let him do more often. He also absolutely destroyed Bojan on a dunk attempt. A really good game by him overall.

When Jaren plays more than 30 minutes, he's a near lock to get you 20 points. In those 7 games over 30 minutes, he's scored over twenty points 5 times, and had 17 one of the other two games. 

Tyus had a slightly better game tonight, but he's still an absolute liability on defense. You can see a clear difference when Melton comes onto the floor. 

Grayson played very well tonight, probably his best game. He was aggressive, but never really forced it. He gives effort on defense, but he still just isn't really that good on D. 

35 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Jaren played great, mainly in the first half. He was aggressive in taking Gobert off the bounce. Something we need to let him do more often. He also absolutely destroyed Bojan on a dunk attempt. A really good game by him overall.

When Jaren plays more than 30 minutes, he's a near lock to get you 20 points. In those 7 games over 30 minutes, he's scored over twenty points 5 times, and had 17 one of the other two games. 

Tyus had a slightly better game tonight, but he's still an absolute liability on defense. You can see a clear difference when Melton comes onto the floor. 

Grayson played very well tonight, probably his best game. He was aggressive, but never really forced it. He gives effort on defense, but he still just isn't really that good on D. 

Good accurate summary.

Grayson tried hard on D, but he couldn't keep Donovan in front of him, and was too slow to anticipate a close out on the perimeter

Jaren looked improved scoring off the dribble into the paint for that leftie hook, a nice dribble and step back for three, and even drove to his right and used the right to score

once again the grizzlies play 3 good quarters I bad by 19 pts and thats the game