SC Grizz

Ja Morant Week to Week

How serious is this? 

Definitely take the thrill out of watching this season if he misses an extended period.

JA MORANT MEDICAL UPDATE

Memphis, Tenn. – The Memphis Grizzlies today provided a medical update on guard Ja Morant:

In last night’s game against the Utah Jazz, Morant aggravated back spasms which first occurred against the Indiana Pacers on Monday night. Morant did not travel with the team to Minnesota and is considered week-to-week, as a period of short-term off-loading is needed. Further updates will be provided as appropriate.

Just great.....

Tyus stinks we gonna get killed.

The other way to look at this is Wiseman or Edwards, here we come....

We will be worse than the Knicks if that is possible....

Let this be the tipping point; cameramen need to be moved farther back from the baskets. It's time.

28 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

Just great.....

Tyus stinks we gonna get killed.

The other way to look at this is Wiseman or Edwards, here we come....

We will be worse than the Knicks if that is possible....

The flatter odds have made tanking irrelevant

9 minutes ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Not when you need to finish bottom 6 to get a pick. The flatter odds make it easier to fall out of the top 6 now, makine tanking more important in this situation. And I see 6 guys more than worth picking.

I could tell Ja wasnt 100%.  He wasn't nearly as aggressive as usual and settled alot.  Not to mention Jazz were zeroed in on him defensivly too. Doggone shame.

He should have never played after the injury. Back spasms are a female dog. He clearly hasn't been right since the injury. My personal opinion is they should have rested him for a couple of weeks before letting him go back out there. 

44 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

He should have never played after the injury. Back spasms are a female dog. He clearly hasn't been right since the injury. My personal opinion is they should have rested him for a couple of weeks before letting him go back out there. 

he will be rested  now ,I feel  the grizzlies wanted to give ja some rest, he already proved  to the N.B.A he is a up in coming super jjj will be next one who will be rested  

48 minutes ago, Ole Dirty Klondike said:

I have had  back spasms in the past and they are b-----ch to have 

2 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

You just say words but I'm not sure you understand what they mean  

13 minutes ago, Parsons_Refund said:

Do they stay with you forever?

They typically last 3-4 days for me and will come back about once or twice a year. I could play through them if I had to, but its definitely the type of thing that requires rest or it won't get better. 

Now we gotta back up the tank.  But I feel like we are the Alabama Crimson Tide (Roll Tigers) of the Tank Playoffs. On the outside. Looking in. And the Hawks were born for this.

9 hours ago, Parsons_Refund said:

Do they stay with you forever?

not for me, a pro athlete maybe because of the pounding 

its like having a tooth ache in your lower back 

Good time to rest him - good number of winnable games this month and no reason to risk Ja AND risk the tank. By my coins there are 7-9 games we could’ve won this month with a full, healthy roster. Will make the non-Ja games more boring to watch, unless we can have some sort of new excitement (hot streak for Jaren, increased minutes for Clarke, callup for Josh, etc.)

Sun, 12/1

@MINMIN
2:30 PM   Tickets as low as $13 
Mon, 12/2
vsINDIND
7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $4 
Wed, 12/4
@CHICHI
7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $18 
Sat, 12/7
@UTAHUTAH
9:00 PM   Tickets as low as $21 
Mon, 12/9
@GSGS
9:30 PM   Tickets as low as $51 
Wed, 12/11
@PHXPHX
8:00 PM   Tickets as low as $9 
Fri, 12/13
vsMILMIL
7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $12 
Sat, 12/14
vsWSHWSH
7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $5 
Mon, 12/16
vsMIAMIA
Wed, 12/18
@OKCOKC
Fri, 12/20
@CLECLE
6:00 PM   Tickets as low as $14 
Sat, 12/21
vsSACSAC
7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $7 
Mon, 12/23
vsSASA
7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $11 
Thu, 12/26
@OKCOKC
7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $14 
Sat, 12/28
@DENDEN
4:00 PM   Tickets as low as $30 
Sun, 12/29
vsCHACHA
7:00 PM   Tickets as low as $8 

I was surprised to see him back that cameraman game. as a fan, I was happy to see it but it probably wasn’t the best management in the world. just because the young man is eager and fighting to come back in....

slim. 

17 hours ago, cdp said:

Let this be the tipping point; cameramen need to be moved farther back from the baskets. It's time.

Time to have some regard for player safety. I have always thought that people at courtside were much too close. The NBA should take out at least the first row of courtside seats at every arena in the league and move spectators, the benches and the media people farther back. Yeah this will cost the NBA some lost revenue, but safety, not $$$, should be the top priority.

3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

It's Melton time. Hopefully this allows him to overtake Tyus assuming he plays reasonably well. 

Hopefully, but I'm honestly expecting Jenkins to do something ridiculous like make Kyle Anderson the starting PG or something.  lol