Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Indiana Pacers @ Memphis Grizzlies -12/2/19

just woke up miss the game , saw box score . what going on with J.V thats the second straight game he missed 

52 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

And before this thread devolves into a Jaren vs JV argument, if we didn't have so many scrubs who cant be relied upon, we wouldn't need to debate all this. We basically have 5-6 who are NBA standard (Ja, JV, Jaren, Brandon, Crowder - Anderson & Dillon are middle of the bench at best), the rest suck. When you have 8-9 out of 15 on the roster who suck, then your team will suck also. No matter how good the others are.

Trae can score 50ppg but his team keep losing for the same reason.

A big cleanout is needed

That's a valid point.

I see jjj had 31 pts NICE, needs  more rebounds 

11 minutes ago, lions said:

just woke up miss the game , saw box score . what going on with J.V thats the second straight game he missed 

Illness

2 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Illness

thanks

36 minutes ago, lions said:

I see jjj had 31 pts NICE, needs  more rebounds 

Jaren did good.    The grizzlies lost because as a team, they missed too many three's.  8 out of 28.

image.thumb.png.ddcbb2266e37b29bf84dabd4905f8b4e.png

1 hour ago, smit-tay griz said:

I see you don't care about developing players.

yes Ja Jaren Brandon our 2020 pick, maybe Bruno Josh

Jones Guduric Allen and the rest arent good enough

54 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

It doesn't explain the entirety of Jaren's rebounding deficiency, but one thing I have noticed is that whenever there is a rebound to be had where there are only Grizzlies players around, Jaren usually just leaves them to other players, or if there is a Pacer around he will box them out so another player can grab the board.  He could probably easily average 8 or 9 rpg if he went for these.  Maybe he learned that from Marc?

Good observation

Often he is leaking out to dash for the perimeter to set up for a quick outlet pass to take the 3

2 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

Jaren did good.    The grizzlies lost because as a team, they missed too many three's.

coming off a back to back did not help, bright sign the grizzlies did not get blow out in any qt  

20 minutes ago, lions said:

coming off a back to back did not help, bright sign the grizzlies did not get blow out in any qt  

Jae Crowder's offense didn't help.     1 of 1 Free thows made/attempts.      1 of 9 Field Goals made/attempts.    0 of 7  3pointers made/attempts.

I don't know if the 9 field goal attempts includes the 7 3pointers attempted or not.    If it doesn't, then Jae took 16 shots and made 1.    

Someone please clear up the stats for me - does the 9 field goal attempts number include the 7 3point attempts ?    

Please go back a few posts which I copied and pasted the stats from MSN - using the windows snipping tool, if any of you wants know.   (poster team play)

23 minutes ago, BigHunkALove said:

yes Ja Jaren Brandon our 2020 pick, maybe Bruno Josh

Jones Guduric Allen and the rest arent good enough

Maybe I have a case of the scrub love here, but although his offensive game needs work I really like what D'Anthony brings to the table.  He kind of reminds me of Marcus Smart or Patrick Beverly a bit... sort of rough on offense but a swiss army knife type who is a scrappy fighter on defense.  I think guys like him are perfect to have on your bench to sort of disrupt the other team's flow if need be.

1 minute ago, Joey Crawford said:

Jae Crowder's offense didn't help.     1 of 1 Free thows made/attempts.      1 of 9 Field Goals made/attempts.    0 of 7  3pointers made/attempts.

I don't know if the 9 field goal attempts includes the 7 3pointers attempted or not.    If it doesn't, then Jae took 16 shots and made 1.    

Someone please clear up the stats for me - does the 9 field goal attempts number include the 7 3point attempts ?

Yes, the FG attempts do include three point attempts.

4 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

Just look at the different colored foot wear of the grizzlies.   pink, powder blue, white, yellow, medium blue.... that's how the coach tells the players apart (nba insights)

Hey, it worked for the Teletubbies

27 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Hey, it worked for the Teletubbies

Oh, jeepers.....😁.  I never really understood that show.

My current (and fortunately separate) mission is I have to look at the schedule.   It looks like it is the Bulls, next game. 4 Dec 2019

3 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

And before this thread devolves into a Jaren vs JV argument, if we didn't have so many scrubs who cant be relied upon, we wouldn't need to debate all this. We basically have 5-6 who are NBA standard (Ja, JV, Jaren, Brandon, Crowder - Anderson & Dillon are middle of the bench at best), the rest suck. When you have 8-9 out of 15 on the roster who suck, then your team will suck also. No matter how good the others are.

Trae can score 50ppg but his team keep losing for the same reason.

A big cleanout is needed

Can't agree more. And that's why we have to be patient ( i know it's not that easy and get myself very frustrated sometine...).  We need at least 3 or 4 good players more ( 1 by pick, 3 by trade) so it might take 2 more years before we have a  great team. I do hope that next year we are already better and  can compete for PO. But for this year, goal has to be bottom 5. 

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Maybe I have a case of the scrub love here, but although his offensive game needs work I really like what D'Anthony brings to the table.  He kind of reminds me of Marcus Smart or Patrick Beverly a bit... sort of rough on offense but a swiss army knife type who is a scrappy fighter on defense.  I think guys like him are perfect to have on your bench to sort of disrupt the other team's flow if need be.

Ok, we can add Melton to the list, but my position is that the backup PG should be a veteran, or at least someone with reasonable experience AND be semi-decent on both sides off the ball. That's not to say that Melton shouldn't be added to the rotation.

4 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

I see you don't care about developing players.

C'mon Smit you know better than to infer broad-based, all encompassing sweeping statements like this.

Look, I wish it were different, but it ain't. We've been through this with a ton of guys Calathes, Qpon, Jarell, etc etc etc

Allen, I had hopes for but until he is more consistent with his shot, no.

Tyus is just straight garbage, and he has never been that good, and as he can be considered "a vet", it's a waste of time "developing" him. The FO struck out on this transaction.

Hill is over the hill regardless of how he is playing. He won't be here next year.

Guduric is straight garbage on BOTH sides of the ball. There's just too many guys out there in the lower ranks to waste time on him e.g. I said just before the draft we should look at Terrence Davis from Ole Miss. Look at him now. There's a ton of guys out there like him..

Bruno is so rusty now he'll need welding to get that rust off. But he may still be useful at some point, MAYBE.......

While I don't have Dillon and Kyle in this category ^^ they are vet enough that what you see is what you get - middle of the bench role players.

Iguadiva is taking up a roster space until we move him

Yuta, Konchar they are not up to it, and I am sorry to say this but IIWII.

I wish I was 100% wrong about all this, but I don't think it'll work out that way.

In the medium and long term, we need to win, not be a training development center.

5 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

sure....who needs rebounds anyway

5 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Still, four is way, way too few.  Everyone complained about Marc, and he averaged 7.7 rpg.

Again, I don't worry about this, and I don't think it's that big of a deal for the modern game that is being played right now. The dude can put up 25 + ppg regularly if he doesn't foul out. To me, that contribution overcomes this deficiency (in most cases)

His positional play is not under the basket. He is often standing in the corner, or at the perimeter angle so it is less likely a jacked up 3 is gonna bounce his way. And as I said, teams are launching triple or more the number of 3 attempts than they used to. It's all changed. The C is no longer the one that must end up with the most rebounds.

And again, watch Jaren, he's leaking out early to get to the perimeter in transition to take a 3 from an outlet pass. He's not looking at getting into the low post in transition.

But I agree that his major deficiencies which need a lot of work on are:

- his fouling

- setting of screens in the PNR/PNP

- his handling of the ball when he decides to put it on the floor

4 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Yeah...

but 

Is he CRAZY ?

cause every winning team has to have some crazy .

💫🙃💫

Dennis Rodman was a rebounding demon - and first team all- crazy

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Yeah...

but 

Is he CRAZY ?

cause every winning team has to have some crazy .

💫🙃💫

Dennis Rodman was a rebounding demon - and first team all- crazy

I don't recall Pop's teams having such a person.  What the grizzlies need is someone who can make 3's and defend.

I have to agree with those who like Melton.  He's a good defender, and I think he may be the backup PG of the future.

I thought the George Hill comparison was a good one.

I hope BC is back for the next game.  He's the one I want to see pressed into more minutes when we're short handed; I think he could really impact a game by being more assertive.

1 hour ago, Joey Crawford said:

I don't recall Pop's teams having such a person.  What the grizzlies need is someone who can make 3's and defend.

Rodman played for the Spurs too...

1 hour ago, Joey Crawford said:

PhonyPreciousHeron-size_restricted.gif

6 hours ago, Joey Crawford said:

Oh, jeepers.....😁 I never really understood that show.

My current (and fortunately separate) mission is I have to look at the schedule.   It looks like it is the Bulls, next game. 4 Dec 2019

I think that's probably a good thing.