Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Minnesota Timberwolves - 12/1/19

Unexpected, pleasant surprise.

Grizzlies attempted 40 3 pointers, made 16 - 48 points equals 60% shooting 2 pointers. Usually  Grizzlies shoot 30 3 pointers per game, but due to some guys missing the festivities, barrage from the long distance was successful plan of escaping from the tough jam.

Personally me - I don't like this new NBA. I call it "street-ball basketball". Now the defense on the perimeter is illegal. If guys master step-back long shot, they immediately are due to  a max contract. 

Yesterday Harden scored 60 points in 31 minutes, his opponent guard Trae Young - 37. Harden went to the line 23 times, was good on 20. 8/14 from the distance. Young went to the line 13 times, made 12, 5/9 from the distance. Rockets shot 51 3 pointers, Hawks - 46, combining for 97 3 points in a game.

Similar numbers, in a way. Except that Rockets after 3 quarters were leading 127-73.

I like more balanced approach. Even aesthetically is more pleasing. Running back and forth, launching 3 pointers like rabbits high on coke - what's the fun in that?

Anyway, happy that the 6 games losing streak is over, now Grizzlies can embark on 7 games losing streak.

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

giphy.gif

The Grizzlies should hire her as an assistant coach and put her in charge of team discipline.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

What are we 1-0?

I can't remember how many 20 point games DB has had this season, but it's more than 1. 

1 hour ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

yeah. If he could stay in the 38 -40% range for FG%, he wouldn't be too bad for a combo guard off the bench. Like a washed version of Lance Stephenson I guess 

You manage to find something negative to say in just about every sentence you write. 

22 minutes ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

Personally me - I don't like this new NBA. I call it "street-ball basketball". Now the defense on the perimeter is illegal. If guys master step-back long shot, they immediately are due to  a max contract. 

Yesterday Harden scored 60 points in 31 minutes, his opponent guard Trae Young - 37. Harden went to the line 23 times, was good on 20. 8/14 from the distance. Young went to the line 13 times, made 12, 5/9 from the distance. Rockets shot 51 3 pointers, Hawks - 46, combining for 97 3 points in a game.

Similar numbers, in a way. Except that Rockets after 3 quarters were leading 127-73.

I like more balanced approach. Even aesthetically is more pleasing. Running back and forth, launching 3 pointers like rabbits high on coke - what's the fun in that?

Yeah, I agree with your thoughts about today’s NBA. If I was astute enough in basketball I could  explain it better. All I know is, I enjoyed the games immensely more in the 90’s (didn’t watch before that). Maybe it was new or whatever to me back then, but it was definitely more entertaining and teams had more identity. Nowadays, play seemed rehearsed and imitated by everyone. There seems to be more emphasis on structure and circumventing the rules as opposed to just playing. The playoffs can still provide excitement though and this year should be entertaining with everyone feeling they have a shot. 

1 hour ago, Joey Crawford said:

I think I would come up with a different saying...😮

"Well, butter my butt and call me a biscuit". Yeah that doesn't sound very appetizing.

32 minutes ago, JĖGAAAAAA!!! said:

Unexpected, pleasant surprise.

Grizzlies attempted 40 3 pointers, made 16 - 48 points equals 60% shooting 2 pointers. Usually  Grizzlies shoot 30 3 pointers per game, but due to some guys missing the festivities, barrage from the long distance was successful plan of escaping from the tough jam.

Anyway, happy that the 6 games losing streak is over, now Grizzlies can embark on 7 games losing streak.

I call it "lazy basketball". I much prefer watching the pick 'n rolls, cuts, etc. And 97 - 3 point shots in a game is crazy.

Good win. JJJ have been smart enough to get fouled then the other player can play and get the win. Just call the catholic nun, she is injured but listed day to day and should join the team at the end of this week.

46 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Nope, he scored 15 in our win at Charlotte.

Ok, well the announcers for Minny were wrong then. That's the broadcast I watched today and that's the stat they gave.

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

It’s been 5 games, all wins.

Im going to do a high level analysis and say if you add an Anthony Edwards and he is capable of 20+ most nights then really good things may begin to happen.

15 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Im going to do a high level analysis and say if you add an Anthony Edwards and he is capable of 20+ most nights then really good things may begin to happen.

Can he play defense?

An example of how plus/minus is meaningless, especially as a one off, Dillon had the worst plus minus of all players from both teams, yet he was the game high scorer, and we would have lost had he not scored as many as he did.

3 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

Good win. JJJ have been smart enough to get fouled then the other player can play and get the win. Just call the catholic nun, she is injured but listed day to day and should join the team at the end of this week.

I'm glad she's joining the team. In no time at all, I'm sure Jaren's fouls per game will be down to ... nun! 🙏

4 hours ago, Dwash said:

To me, a second choice if Wiseman is taken ahead of him.

6 hours ago, srmjr23 said:

Ok, well the announcers for Minny were wrong then. That's the broadcast I watched today and that's the stat they gave.

Yeeah, you could have stopped at "announcers for Minny".

14 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I would have him guarding the opposing PGs.   There are more scoring PGs than dynamic SGs.    He is basically Avery Brooks with a lil more size. 

Why are you debating this with DWash. He is clearly a hater on Melton. You won't convince him after one game's performance. 

And the announcers may have misspoken but the truth is every time Dillon has scored at least 20 points the Grizzlies have won. It is not true that the Grizzlies haven't won when Dillon scored less than 20 however.