Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies vs Utah Jazz- 11/29/19

11 hours ago, memphis slim said:

ja needs to be aggressive from the start. we simply don’t have the personnel around him to do what he’s trying to do. he just needs to go be dominant from the tip this year until we can change things via trades/draft in the summer. jjj had a rough game and ja was trying to set others up and the rhythm just wasn’t there for ja- so...ja...just go from the jump...just my take. 

slim. 

Yes, the grizzlies are lacking that one dominant player - which if in the draft, the grizzlies could get Wiseman would be that guy.

12 hours ago, memphis slim said:

ja needs to be aggressive from the start. we simply don’t have the personnel around him to do what he’s trying to do. he just needs to go be dominant from the tip this year until we can change things via trades/draft in the summer. jjj had a rough game and ja was trying to set others up and the rhythm just wasn’t there for ja- so...ja...just go from the jump...just my take. 

slim. 

Well a few games ago Posters were complaining about Ja not trying to set up others and looking for his own offense too much. 

I think he is doing like CP3 does which is facilitate first and get your Bigs involved early.  That is smart for chemistry and morale.  No coincidence Jaren and Jonas get off to better starts now and Ja hasnt been as dominate point-wise but his assists have gone up.

1 hour ago, Joey Crawford said:

Yes, the grizzlies are lacking that one dominant player - which if in the draft, the grizzlies could get Wiseman would be that guy.

He has size and wing span for sure, not very intimidating or physical, he doesnt shoot a 3, not yet at least and i thought we all agreed that is manditory at the 5 for todays game, and he might have some character issues based on a stupid decision he made to get him a lengthy suspension....so this sounds like another project...he is a local guy, so I see the attractiveness....I think we have higher priorities and needs.

27 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Well a few games ago Posters were complaining about Ja not trying to set up others and looking for his own offense too much. 

I think he is doing like CP3 does which is facilitate first and get your Bigs involved early.  That is smart for chemistry and morale.  No coincidence Jaren and Jonas get off to better starts now and Ja hasnt been as dominate point-wise but his assists have gone up.

I like JA's progress...the assists are key to his development....I wish he would add a dish off to his game when he is driving hard to the basket...teams are starting to catch on and he is taking a beating most times when he does it...but its exciting too watch..

10 minutes ago, Lugan Village said:

He has size and wing span for sure, not very intimidating or physical, he doesnt shoot a 3, not yet at least and i thought we all agreed that is manditory at the 5 for todays game, and he might have some character issues based on a stupid decision he made to get him a lengthy suspension....so this sounds like another project...he is a local guy, so I see the attractiveness....I think we have higher priorities and needs.

Character issues? Are you serious his mom took 12,500 to move from Nashville to Memphis 2 years ago from his high school coach. What in that situation shows James has bad character. At bare minimum do some research before you come after a kid’s (18 year old) character. 

14 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:
  1. I think JJJ is gonna be my new Rudy Gay, this guy ain't it
  2. I don't know why Melton doesn't play at the 2 spot. I'm not sure if he's good but Allen and Guduric are trash until proven otherwise (they will not prove otherwise)
  3. A coach can be judged easily by his rotations (feel for when to make them or not make any), out of bounds plays and halftime adjustments. Jenkins right now is slop at all 3 

1. J3 has Rudy habits for sure but if he is or 3rd best player we have a shot of being legit. 

2. He will get to play likely second half of the season

3. He is still learning and you can see by many rotation calls or goal is to compete not win  

5 hours ago, Subliminal said:

At least we have a few sunshine patrol members, a player fan and respectable, level headed new mods. 

I don’t know, seems like a lot more lawlessness going on these days. I miss your dictator like ways when you moderated. Folks feared demerits! 

3 hours ago, QMemphis said:

Character issues? Are you serious his mom took 12,500 to move from Nashville to Memphis 2 years ago from his high school coach. What in that situation shows James has bad character. At bare minimum do some research before you come after a kid’s (18 year old) character. 

The kid got 12 games...Nine games was from a cash gift for whatever purpose is a no no in NCAA.  Agents, prospects and athletic depts/schools go through these elegibility sessions every academic year.  So saying he didn't know, or those people in his inner circle didnt know..is like saying Trump didn't know about Cohen and the payments to the hookers, or Trump didn't know what Guliani was doing in Ukraine.  C'mon man, dont plead the "i didn't know....NCAA  then denied the appeal which cost him another 3 games for dressing...did anyone really think they were going to reverse the decision?..., more stupidity from his inner circle that are supposed to be watching out for him....Hardaway owed the kid for committing to Memphis...it kinda makes you wonder what's up with that.

So yeah I kinda know the context enough to comment on this board...

1 hour ago, Lugan Village said:

The kid got 12 games...Nine games was from a cash gift for whatever purpose is a no no in NCAA.  Agents, prospects and athletic depts/schools go through these elegibility sessions every academic year.  So saying he didn't know, or those people in his inner circle didnt know..is like saying Trump didn't know about Cohen and the payments to the hookers, or Trump didn't know what Guliani was doing in Ukraine.  C'mon man, dont plead the "i didn't know....NCAA  then denied the appeal which cost him another 3 games for dressing...did anyone really think they were going to reverse the decision?..., more stupidity from his inner circle that are supposed to be watching out for him....Hardaway owed the kid for committing to Memphis...it kinda makes you wonder what's up with that.

So yeah I kinda know the context enough to comment on this board...

This topic would be best discussed in the Off Topic or NBA Talk threads and not in Grizz Talk and especially not in a game thread. 

Consider this a kindly Moderator notice.