PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Jenkins system has not,is not and will never work.

6 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Anthony Davis Sophomore Season:
35.2 MPG, 51.9 FG%, 22.2 3pt%, 10.0 RPG, 1.6 APG, 2.8 BPG, 1.3 SPG, 20.8 PPG
Every single statistic was an improvement over his rookie of the year stats. 

Giannis Antetokounmpo Sophomore Season:
31.4 MPG, 49.1 FG%, 15.9 3pt%, 6.7 RPG, 2.6 APG, 1.0 BPG, 0.9 SPG, 12.7 PPG
Every statistic improved from his rookie season except 3 pt%

Jaren Jackson Jr Sophomore Season (to Date):
26.7 MPG, 44.9 FG%, 38.7 3pt%, 4.9 RPG, 1.4 APG, 1.2 BPG, 0.5 SPG, 15.7 PPG
Improved in MPG, 3pt%, RPG. APG, and PPG

If we want to look at advanced statistics I will be glad to look those up for the players as well. I Just thought if people were going to be throwing out names of players to compare JJJ with that the actual numbers these players produced were pertinent to the conversation.  

AD and TheFreak was force feed clear number one on there team...jaren has to fight with the likes of JV/Dillon/JA/Crowder...this is why i hate it when people just throw out numbers and don't look at the situation.

Just now, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

AD and TheFreak was force feed clear number one on there team...jaren has to fight with the likes of JV/Dillon/JA/Crowder...this is why i hate it when people just throw out numbers and don't look at the situation.

What do you recommend as an alternative? 

A player like Tyus right now is in desperate need for help when it comes to coaching and system the guy looks super lost.

Most if not all of our guys don't really have a role in this team when it comes to game time.

1 minute ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

do ya research...number don't lie but they can be miss leading.

I did my research. You claimed it wasn't enough. What else do you want?

By the way, Anthony Davis wasn't force fed his role. He was on a bad team (which is why he was selected with the first pick in the draft) and was clearly the best player. Giannis earned his role on a solid team. Your assumptions are not backed by any facts. 

Furthermore, I didn't choose the players to be compared. Someone else did and I simply provided the stats to clarify his position he was making. If you have a problem with the names perhaps you should address the original poster. 

1 hour ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

Was those numbers after the end of the season? 3J has quite a few games to play before then. And he missed a lot of games last year.

That JJJ plays under 27mins and rebounds like a guard is all DUE TO HIS OWN FAULT. 

I believe he will improve though and as Chip mentions, this slow and rocky start might shake him up and he can focus on his game this off season instead of running around trying to be a media darling. 

5 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I did my research. You claimed it wasn't enough. What else do you want?

By the way, Anthony Davis wasn't force fed his role. He was on a bad team (which is why he was selected with the first pick in the draft) and was clearly the best player. Giannis earned his role on a solid team. Your assumptions are not backed by any facts. 

Furthermore, I didn't choose the players to be compared. Someone else did and I simply provided the stats to clarify his position he was making. If you have a problem with the names perhaps you should address the original poster. 

I'll chime in since I was the OP. I'm merely comparing players with similar skillsets and games. Anthony Davis's game is a lot more similar to Jaren than Giannis's is, but it was really about bigs that can kind of do it all. 

The stats are the stats, but Giannis was not force fed at all, he was just figuring out his game his first couple of years and was on a decent team. I guess you can make the argument that Davis, but they actually weren't that bad his second year. They had Ryan Anderson, Jrue Holiday, Eric Gordon, and Tyreke Evans, and Aminu. 

Either way, in another one of my posts I said that as long as Jaren can play more than 30 minutes per game, he can put up numbers relatively similar to what they put up. It's all up to him though. 

3 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

That JJJ plays under 27mins and rebounds like a guard is all DUE TO HIS OWN FAULT. 

I believe he will improve though and as Chip mentions, this slow and rocky start might shake him up and he can focus on his game this off season instead of running around trying to be a media darling. 

why do you and @chipc3 assume jaren didn't put in enough work last offseason...because it is an assumption

11 hours ago, Dwash said:

Yeah I am very dissappointed that Jaren still does the same ole left handed hesitation and drive and hasnt added any moves. Most predictable player I have ever seen one on one.

He went right one time last game.  I saw it, I swear!  He didn't score though, but it was encouraging to see him try it.

Zach went left even when he went right.  Nobody could stop it though when he was on.

3 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

The alternative is that he busted his butt with laser like mental focus this off season and came back unimproved. 

Or maybe he worked like any other player but it has not yet manifested itself during his in-game performance, but may start to be noticed later after he's more comfortable.  Man, some of you guys are ruined by fast food!

7 hours ago, costarica2 said:

A player like Tyus right now is in desperate need for help when it comes to coaching and system the guy looks super lost.

Most if not all of our guys don't really have a role in this team when it comes to game time.

I would disagree about "super lost".  Tyus is the team's best assist man per minute.  I don't think you can be the best assist guy and be lost.  He may be lost on defense, since his D sucks, but offensively his real problem is he has a weak scoring game.  Otherwise he seems to know how to run a team just fine.

17 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

I would disagree about "super lost".  Tyus is the team's best assist man per minute.  I don't think you can be the best assist guy and be lost.  He may be lost on defense, since his D sucks, but offensively his real problem is he has a weak scoring game.  Otherwise he seems to know how to run a team just fine.

Tyus would benefit with a slightly slower tempo just like JV would.

1 hour ago, Teddy.B said:

The alternative is that he busted his butt with laser like mental focus this off season and came back unimproved. 

The alternative is that one of the biggest Marc Gasol haters has lost his target, and to regain his focus now has a new target, coincidently another big whose primary focus is not rebounding but scoring

13 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

yea, he's not lost.  he knows how to run this team/jenkins system, he's just not hitting shots like he's accustomed to hitting.  i wonder how he would be paired with JV more often (meaning starting brandon w/ Ja and moving JJJ to starting center).  I think he would help JV offensively but the 2 of them on PnR defense would be food.

14 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Or maybe he worked like any other player but it has not yet manifested itself during his in-game performance, but may start to be noticed later after he's more comfortable.  Man, some of you guys are ruined by fast food!

the impatience everyone has with almost every player on this roster is crazy

18 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

jaren's rebounding is what I have the biggest problem with.  he plays 27 min/game and only gets 5 rebounds.  jonas plays 25 and is pulling down 10 boards while being far less mobile/athletic (albeit being heavier/stronger than jaren).   brandon is smaller than jaren with a very short wingspan but is getting 6 boards in 21 min!  kyle 4+ in only 21 min, and even de'anthony and grayson are both getting 3 boards per game in only 13 and 19 min, respectively.  it's unacceptable that jaren isn't getting at least 7 boards per game.

3 hours ago, grizz09 said:

yea, he's not lost.  he knows how to run this team/jenkins system, he's just not hitting shots like he's accustomed to hitting.  i wonder how he would be paired with JV more often (meaning starting brandon w/ Ja and moving JJJ to starting center).  I think he would help JV offensively but the 2 of them on PnR defense would be food.

I'm not that upset with Tyus' lack of scoring.  It's his horrible defense that bothers me.  As other players mature, or we acquire some upgrades to our bench, there will probably be enough scoring so that Jones' scoring deficiencies can be overcome, but only if he can defend better.

1 hour ago, Lugan Village said:

If he plays like a 4 and thinks like a 4, then 7 boards a game is pretty good....he is a 4

Except 7 boards is like a 2+ improvement over his current rate.

16 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

He sucks at defense and has a weak offensive game, sounds like a real winner to me.

3 hours ago, grizz09 said:

jaren's rebounding is what I have the biggest problem with.  he plays 27 min/game and only gets 5 rebounds.  jonas plays 25 and is pulling down 10 boards while being far less mobile/athletic (albeit being heavier/stronger than jaren).   brandon is smaller than jaren with a very short wingspan but is getting 6 boards in 21 min!  kyle 4+ in only 21 min, and even de'anthony and grayson are both getting 3 boards per game in only 13 and 19 min, respectively.  it's unacceptable that jaren isn't getting at least 7 boards per game.

Jonas' man is closer to the goal and even when he isn't Jonas is.

22 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

What's the old saying? ... You are what you eat.

8 hours ago, grizz09 said:

the impatience everyone has with almost every player on this roster is crazy

Grizz09 (the very next post):  "it's unacceptable that jaren isn't getting at least 7 boards per game".

😄