PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Jenkins system has not,is not and will never work.

lets start with the offense...to be honest there is not much wrong with the offense...the pace is good...the spacing is good and the ball movement is good...but one fatal flaw is there is no hierarchy in the system...one game its morant,one game its jaren,one game its dillon,one game its jv or i just who ever feels like shooting the most any given night...there is no number 1 option on the team and it has nothing to do with talent..its just the way jenkins system is...there is not one successful team that doesn't have a legit number one option by design...until jenkins establishes an hierarchy for the system then there are going to be games where we go through these extreme droughts...trying to get 4/5 guys going evernight is not going to work and the thing is it shouldn't be that hard i just thing jenkins is taking the easy way out...ja/jaren imo should be the main guys period and everybody else should get theirs off of there playmaking

defensively it boggles my mind that jenkins sees a good defensive scheme in letting the big layoff on pickandroll coverages...i know he is trying to give up mid range jumpers but in reality its leading to open 3s  off of picks and guys having enough head of steam to get to the basket.

It's too early to be sure but at that stage im not sure we have the adequate player to play such a system. Not enough shooter, poor defensive effort, wide open 3s.  
Jaren seems lost in the system ( 0 rebound, 0 assist tonight how come...) and i'm not sure JV have much fun too. 

Tanking or not i still think we have to make some adjustment :

- Bring Josh back 

- Get rid of Iggy 

- Try to get another player who can monitor and help the young crowd to improve. Crowder is decent but not a leader , JV as well and Hill is Hill.... 

- Kick the *** of JJJ and force him to work. IT's so annoying to see a kids so talented and doing so few...

Lot of jobs for such a young coach.  But giving him at least 1 year and half before seeing if  he fit the job or not.

4 hours ago, chipc3 said:

I agree it has not and is not but doubt it never will.

I had to read this post way too many times to get it - I think I agree IF you’re saying that little by little it may work itself out ... then again I’m so worked up by his substitutions at the most baffling times - I may not be the most objective fan.

Hubie had a ten man rotation that he explained (THIS is key ) Hubie took the time to break it down- we didn’t have the talent to field a traditional team so he literally adapted his coaching style to fit the personnel he had at that time ( not the team he wished he had nor was he coaching for a team he hoped he’d get later) .

I liked Hubie - his interviews and insights taught me sooo much about NBA basketball... prior to us getting the Grizz , I was more of a player fan and watched basketball when it was on ... ( living in a foreign country before the internet became what it is today had a lot to do with that !) 

When most coaches gave their interviews I , as a casual fan, didn’t really pay attention ... canned , cookie cutter, boring , or obligatory sound bites.

Hubie wasn’t doing any of that ! 
He broke the schedule down into bite sized pieces, gave brutally honest opinions and was able to explain some of the more complex NBA workings in down to earth language that I could understand...

oh and he CUSSED - ALOT ... and ANYBODY could get it ! 
I liked that about him too . Seemed like the kind of guy I’d love to have a few pitchers with watching games. 
Pops, Chris Collinsworth and John Madden are others.

J,V is a good center 13/10 guy , for the Grizzlies to become a FORCE they would need a BIG MONSTER strong fast center may be Memphis tigers center JAMES WISEMAN

if JAMES  WISEMAN goes to the grizzlies , the grizzlies would not be the seattle super grizzlies 

Jenkins is taking his time working and experimenting with rotations. He’s trying to give young players PT, veterans run and is giving everyone a fair shot to impress and improve. It’s a process. 

Clearly he isn’t under a “win now or else” decree as past coaches have been. That gives him the freedom to experiment with a number of lineups and situations. It also gives him the freedom to absolutely infuriate fans who don’t care about developing young players, experimenting with lineups, etc. Again, Jenkins is working on a number of things and winning basketball games isn’t at the top of that list. 

That is why I say what Jenkins is doing now hasn’t worked and isn’t working but I doubt it never will. Jenkins is going to come to conclusions sooner or later, settle on a routine substitution pattern and start building on the experience he has given the players so far. It won’t be anytime soon however. 

Trust the process.

59 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

6a01348829760c970c01b8d21fcef1970c-pi

Yes... let the tank flow through you...

Are you trying to out meme me??? 

Image result for shocked gif

15 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

there is no number 1 option on the team and it has nothing to do with talent..its just the way jenkins system is...there is not one successful team that doesn't have a legit number one option by design...until jenkins establishes an hierarchy for the system then there are going to be games where we go through these extreme droughts...trying to get 4/5 guys going evernight is not going to work and the thing is it shouldn't be that hard i just thing jenkins is taking the easy way out...ja/jaren imo should be the main guys period and everybody else should get theirs off of there playmaking

So much truth in this.     On  Vernon show, Roser stated that Jenkins said  that they don't run plays for Jaren.  He gets his offense in the flow of the game........................................................

let that sink in for a minute.     The dude that you deemed franchise cornerstone and have his mug all over town in front of national media.   You dont run plays for him.    HOW STUPID IS THAT.     Everybody needs to reevaluate their Jaren 'hot takes' and acknowledge that what he is producing is actually more impressive.        This system isn't working. 

14 games into the season and GTF has already decided he doesn't like the new coach who replaced the coach he didn't like (Bickerstaff), who replaced the coach he didn't like (Fizdale), who replaced the coach he didn't like (Joerger), who replaced the coach he didn't like (Hollins). 

Seems to me someone has a problem with coaches. I personally don't believe the problem is the coaches. The problem is the talent or lack thereof on the team. They are rebuilding with youthful players and they don't know all they need to know yet. Hopefully if the franchise can be a bit more consistent with the coaching the young players will learn how to play together as a team and build a winning core. 

9 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

14 games into the season and GTF has already decided he doesn't like the new coach who replaced the coach he didn't like (Bickerstaff), who replaced the coach he didn't like (Fizdale), who replaced the coach he didn't like (Joerger), who replaced the coach he didn't like (Hollins). 

Seems to me someone has a problem with coaches. I personally don't believe the problem is the coaches. The problem is the talent or lack thereof on the team. They are rebuilding with youthful players and they don't know all they need to know yet. Hopefully if the franchise can be a bit more consistent with the coaching the young players will learn how to play together as a team and build a winning core. 

Seems to me someone has a problem with reading comprehension and critical thinking.    Where did i say we need to can Jenkins??   I clearly state that i am not a fan of the system.  Jenkins is a rookie coach so i expect him to adapt and grow.     Just like i expect from our young players.   

try again.  

11 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Hehehehehe

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Seems to me someone has a problem with reading comprehension and critical thinking.    Where did i say we need to can Jenkins??   I clearly state that i am not a fan of the system.  Jenkins is a rookie coach so i expect him to adapt and grow.     Just like i expect from our young players.   

try again.  

So you like the coach you just don't like the way he coaches. Got it. 

Please tell me where I said you said he should be canned? All I believe I said was that you don't like him. Is that my comprehension problem???

2 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

yet 69 games into Jaren's career you are ready to declare Jaren a disappointment and lazy.   Got it. 

12 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I had to read this post way too many times to get it - I think I agree IF you’re saying that little by little it may work itself out ... then again I’m so worked up by his substitutions at the most baffling times - I may not be the most objective fan.

Hubie had a ten man rotation that he explained (THIS is key ) Hubie took the time to break it down- we didn’t have the talent to field a traditional team so he literally adapted his coaching style to fit the personnel he had at that time ( not the team he wished he had nor was he coaching for a team he hoped he’d get later) .

I liked Hubie - his interviews and insights taught me sooo much about NBA basketball... prior to us getting the Grizz , I was more of a player fan and watched basketball when it was on ... ( living in a foreign country before the internet became what it is today had a lot to do with that !) 

When most coaches gave their interviews I , as a casual fan, didn’t really pay attention ... canned , cookie cutter, boring , or obligatory sound bites.

Hubie wasn’t doing any of that ! 
He broke the schedule down into bite sized pieces, gave brutally honest opinions and was able to explain some of the more complex NBA workings in down to earth language that I could understand...

oh and he CUSSED - ALOT ... and ANYBODY could get it ! 
I liked that about him too . Seemed like the kind of guy I’d love to have a few pitchers with watching games. 
Pops, Chris Collinsworth and John Madden are others.

I think Chip should've put an AND in there instead of BUT.

18 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Neither do I and I don't like the FO if they are dictating to him that 2J can't play with the Grizz until he has his humbling experience when the team clearly needs the abilities he possesses. I don't like the lesser talented players throwing up 3s just as soon as they get downcourt without even giving the more talented players the chance to score. I didn't like JB at 1st but after the trade he got to be a much better coach, as a matter of fact the Grizz took down the Rockets late in the year. I was shocked when they let him go.

Feh. We HAD a stud scorer, but someone else wearing his body came to camp this fall. Once JJJ rediscovers himself, and everyone realizes that Conley knew a lot about distribution and game management that Ja hasn't quite mastered yet, we'll be fine. 

8 minutes ago, TimBC said:

Feh. We HAD a stud scorer, but someone else wearing his body came to camp this fall. Once JJJ rediscovers himself, and everyone realizes that Conley knew a lot about distribution and game management that Ja hasn't quite mastered yet, we'll be fine. 

He's scoring almost an identical amount to last season (14.0 vs. 13.8) on a nearly identical number of minutes (26.0 vs. 26.1). Not sure there's anything to rediscover - he just needs to improve.

So much truth in this.     On  Vernon show, Roser stated that Jenkins said  that they don't run plays for Jaren.  He gets his offense in the flow of the game........................................................

let that sink in for a minute.     The dude that you deemed franchise cornerstone and have his mug all over town in front of national media.   You dont run plays for him.    HOW STUPID IS THAT.     Everybody needs to reevaluate their Jaren 'hot takes' and acknowledge that what he is producing is actually more impressive.        This system isn't working. 

I've been saying this all along but I won't take sole credit because Brevin says it about half dozen times a game EVERY GAME.

Some people just dont get it. HE DOESNT GET THE BALL. He is an afterthought in the offensive scheme. "Get to the corner or top of the perimeter, if you get the ball, launch it for 3." That's his play.

This is not about player worship, or avatars like Memphis Maverick wants to make out. The proof is Jonas  He used to be a 20/10 beast. Now he is a Fizdale-Gasol clone, and second rate at that.

The offense is geared to be a guard-orientated perimeter offense. If guys cant see that, then there is no hope to convince people.

Crowder, Hill, and Brooks to some degree should not be taking more shots than Jaren and Jonas.

yet 69 games into Jaren's career you are ready to declare Jaren a disappointment and lazy.   Got it. 

Not at all. I have a deep belief that he will be a much better player. I have repeatedly said that I hope Jaren is going to learn from this and work harder this summer and come back improved next year. 

That is my hope. I am not ready to anoint him as a star legit or otherwise however. 

I do believe he slipped up this past summer and didn't come back ready to make a big step forward. I never have implied nor do I believe that correlates to lazy. There is a difference between saying this season is a disappointment and saying the player is lazy.