chipc3

Golden State Warriors vs Memphis Grizzlies - 11/19/19

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Tuesday, November 19, 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Golden State Warriors

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: Health Night presented by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Jae Crowder Jaren Jackson Jr Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203109.png 1628991.png 202685.png

Warriors Starting 5

Alec Burks Glenn Robinson III Eric Paschall Draymond Green Willie Cauley-Stein
202692.png 203922.png 1629672.png 203110.png 1626161.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen, Kyle Anderson, Bruno Caboclo, Brandon Clarke, Marco Guduric, Solomon Hill, Tyus Jones, John Konchar (2), D'Anthony Melton, Yuta Watanabe (2)

Golden State: Ky Bowman, Marquese Chris, Stephan Curry (INJ), Jacob Evans, Damian Lee, Kevon Looney, Jordan Poole, D'Angelo Russell (INJ), Alen Smailagic, Omari Spellman, Klay Thompson (INJ)

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Warriors: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Preview: 

The Grizzlies have gone 4-3 since opening the season with five losses in their first six games. Over that recent seven-game stretch, Memphis ranks third in the NBA in assists per game (29.4) and is tied for fifth in three-point field goal percentage (.401). The Grizzlies have matched a franchise record by making at least 10 three-pointers in seven consecutive games. They are coming off a week in which they set season highs for threes made (17 on Nov. 13 at Charlotte) and attempted (36 on Nov. 17 vs Denver). Grizzlies reserve forward Brandon Clarke is off to a historic start to his rookie season. Clarke scored a career-high 19 points on 8-of-8 shooting, including knocking down a pair of threes, in Sunday’s home loss to Denver. It marked the second time this month that Clarke posted a perfect shooting percentage while taking at least seven shots. He is one of just three players in NBA history to take at least seven shots without a miss in multiple games as a rookie, joining Arvydas Sabonis and Buck Williams.

When Dillon Brooks scores at a high level, the Grizzlies are difficult to beat. Memphis is 4-0 this season when Brooks scores at least 20 points, and has dropped every game when he’s below that mark. The third-year starting shooting guard is averaging 21.6 points on .513 percent shooting in 32.5 minutes per game in the Grizzlies’ five wins. In the team’s eight losses, Brooks is averaging just 8.3 points on .289 percent shooting in 23.3 minutes a game. He’s scored in double figures in six of nine games this month.

The Warriors have posted one of the most dominant stretches in NBA history by winning three championships and five straight appearances in the NBA Finals the past five years. But attrition and injuries have delivered a devastating blow this season. The Warriors arrive in Memphis with the NBA’s worst record and on a seven-game losing streak, their longest since 2012. During a three-game stretch last week, the Warriors didn’t have a single player available who was part of last year’s playoff rotation.

The Grizzlies list guard Grayson Allen (ankle soreness) as out for Tuesday’s game against the Warriors. Allen has been sidelined since Nov. 2. For the Warriors, Steph Curry (wrist), Klay Thompson (knee), D’Angelo Russell (thumb), Kevon Looney (Neuropathy), Damion Lee (hand), Jacob Evans (hip) and Alen Smailagic (knee) are out against the Grizzlies.

Must Win game for BOTH teams. The Warriors are in Tank Mode so if the Warriors aim to fail it will be a Statement LOSS.

for morale purposes the Grizz need the win.  We might have to tweak the starting lineup and our rotations though.

this will be pay back for what the warriors have done to us in the past 5 years             grizzlies 119   G.S 112

14 minutes ago, lions said:

this will be pay back for what the warriors have done to us in the past 5 years             grizzlies 119   G.S 112

We might need this win more than they do.  

If we do get it then we will have won 3 out of 4 and the Nuggets game will have been a bad dream. If we LOSE that would be two bad losses and could turn into a nightmarish end of the month.

51 minutes ago, lions said:

7-17 against the Warriors the last five seasons including playoffs.

7 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

7-17 against the Warriors the last five seasons including playoffs.

i.m surprise we won 7 games

To me it all hangs on Draymond Green playing or not. If he plays I want to stomp on their dead husks. If not I guess I could take the L without much grief.

14 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

To me it all hangs on Draymond Green playing or not. If he plays I want to stomp on their dead husks. If not I guess I could take the L without much grief.

Nah man, that would make it suck even worse.

6 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Will the Warriors be good the '23-24 season? That's when they convey to us. 

Well Curry will be 35, Dray and Klay will be 33. It'll depend what the get back for DLo. Those 3 core members probably won't be great enough to get them to the playoffs completely by themselves at that point. 

2 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

I agree with half of your post.  I want us to win, period.  And us to kick Draymond's ***.

17 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Well Curry will be 35, Dray and Klay will be 33. It'll depend what the get back for DLo. Those 3 core members probably won't be great enough to get them to the playoffs completely by themselves at that point. 

18 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

....and James Wiseman will be 23

7 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Will the Warriors be good the '23-24 season? That's when they convey to us. 

Who knows... but our core should be just entering their prime or mid-prime and we could really use an extra first rounder for added ammo.  Bonus points if it is a lottery pick.  That draft pick has "potential missing piece" or "X factor who puts us over the top" written all over it.