Teddy.B

Brandon Clark thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fanboyslim said:

This is amazing, but is it sustainable?

Maybe not, but I'm sure liking it now.  I think he may continue to post a good overall percentage, but I doubt that the three-point pct will be.  He may be much better than advertised from the arc though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Teddy.B said:

Got embarrassed as a team tonight, but BC keeps rolling. 100% field goal today for 18 points. 

He'd be starting someday. Hopefully for us.  

19 with his FT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BC is a beast. Went to the game on Friday vs Utah, and he was by far the best matchup against Gobert. He defended Gobert great and was pretty good on offense against him also. I already would try to go ahead and replace Crowder with BC in the starting lineup. Then when Jonas leaves and Jaren slides to C, you slide BC up to 4 and bring in SloMo and/or Crowder. 

Crowder has looked like very mediocre lately, at least as far as what my untrained eyes can see. Slomo looked way better against Utah. I didn't catch the beating we took last night, so not sure how we looked. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zappastache said:

BC is a beast. Went to the game on Friday vs Utah, and he was by far the best matchup against Gobert. He defended Gobert great and was pretty good on offense against him also. I already would try to go ahead and replace Crowder with BC in the starting lineup. Then when Jonas leaves and Jaren slides to C, you slide BC up to 4 and bring in SloMo and/or Crowder. 

Crowder has looked like very mediocre lately, at least as far as what my untrained eyes can see. Slomo looked way better against Utah. I didn't catch the beating we took last night, so not sure how we looked. 

I suspect that Crowder will start until some time between December 15 and the trade deadline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

I suspect that Crowder will start until some time between December 15 and the trade deadline.

Yup. Hopefully he isn't hurting his value, because he's looked like doo-doo to me, other than his game winner. I think he's had a couple other good games but overall he's been disappointing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

Yup. Hopefully he isn't hurting his value, because he's looked like doo-doo to me, other than his game winner. I think he's had a couple other good games but overall he's been disappointing. 

I wouldn’t mind trading Jae Crowder to Boston for Grant Williams, Tacko Fall and a second round pick.  

The Celtics are in “win now mode”. Hayward is out too.  Grant and Tacko are two years away from being solid backups.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zappastache said:

Yup. Hopefully he isn't hurting his value, because he's looked like doo-doo to me, other than his game winner. I think he's had a couple other good games but overall he's been disappointing. 

He's mainly here for leadership, which I think he is doing a good job at. On the court, it would probably be better if he had less of a role. I'm fine with keeping him as he's still good defensively most of the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brandon is a keeper and his age may work to our benefit. He will be around 27 when his contract expires giving us a good opportunity to likely get him under market value. 

Jae is a tough culture building guy but we must get an asset for him and open minutes for the young guys particularly Josh when he is called up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Just a note: Brandon Clarke has the 9th highest effective FG% in the NBA.

He was 22nd in PER before the last game (maybe it went down, didn't check), and FOURTH among SMALL FORWARDS.  Not sure why they had him listed as a "small forward" but maybe it is a good omen.

Our wing rotation (shooting guard and small forward) should probably be Josh/Clarke/Kyle/Dillon with Kyle playing lots of point guard/point forward and Clarke also playing some 4.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, fanboyslim said:

Just a note: Brandon Clarke has the 9th highest effective FG% in the NBA.

Brandon is such a stud. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really wish Jenkins would start treating BC like he is a CORE member instead of the 21st pick.   Dude is a beast.

He should be 3rd most important player on team.   He should've been a lottery pick and if he was they would be handling him differently.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

I really wish Jenkins would start treating BC like he is a CORE member instead of the 21st pick.   Dude is a beast.

He should be 3rd most important player on team.   He should've been a lottery pick and if he was they would be handling him differently.

 

Until further notice (draft/trades/free agency) we have a Big 3 with Ja/Jaren/Clarke with each player bringing something a bit different to the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 8:00 PM, Teddy.B said:

The guy would be giving you double digit rebounding if he had over 30 minutes. 

And possibly close to 20 points per game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2019 at 6:56 PM, GrizzTigerFan said:

I really wish Jenkins would start treating BC like he is a CORE member instead of the 21st pick.   Dude is a beast.

He should be 3rd most important player on team.   He should've been a lottery pick and if he was they would be handling him differently.

 

he is 6th in mins on the team he is basically our 6th man...he even finishes games somtimes...starting isn't always ever thing...if crowder/hill is gone after TD he will be starting...ja/brooks/clark/3Js/JV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/1/2019 at 6:19 PM, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

he will be after TD..ja/brooks/clark/3Js/JV.

I think these are our best 5 players but 1) I'm not sure BC can play the 3 and 2) it's not always the best strategy to simply run out your best 5 just because the'yre your best 5. Sometimes it helps to have scoring punch/reliable guys who can play under control off the bench. I think the real argument is whether BC should be starting at the 4 and Jaren play the 5. I suspect our long term ceiling is with Jaren at the 5 and BC starting. Jaren just isnt ready for that role yet though, so I think this current lineup makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't believe we got this guy at 23(19 pick) this new F.O deserves some credit but what were other teams thinking letting this go?????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brandon right now is already streets ahead of Wendell Carter and he hasn't  even played half a season yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, costarica2 said:

I just can't believe we got this guy at 23(19 pick) this new F.O deserves some credit but what were other teams thinking letting this go?????

21st, but yea...a steal for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now