Teddy.B

Brandon Clark thread

BC deserves his own thread. The guy's been amazing with his efficiency and rebounding. Six boards in 21 minutes on crazy shooting %. 

Thank you draft gods. What a draft for us. 

Shout out to the new FO. Breathe of fresh air to win the draft. 

2 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

BC deserves his own thread. The guy's been amazing with his efficiency and rebounding. Six boards in 21 minutes on crazy shooting %. 

Thank you draft gods. What a draft for us. 

Shout out to the new FO. Breathe of fresh air to win the draft. 

I want to win, but I kind hope we get a lottery pick in the next couple of drafts.

After several years pass, you can look back at past drafts and notice that the guys who ended up being the best players are scattered throughout the draft.  At this point, this draft class looks pretty good, and Clark has the good potential to end up being one of those guys that years later people wonder why he wasn't selected earlier.

But again, when talking about rookies, there are a lot of guys from past all rookie teams that never get better, sometimes because of injury and sometimes because of choices (OJ Mayo).  Hopefully our rookies stay healthy and love playing together.

2 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

After several years pass, you can look back at past drafts and notice that the guys who ended up being the best players are scattered throughout the draft.  At this point, this draft class looks pretty good, and Clark has the good potential to end up being one of those guys that years later people wonder why he wasn't selected earlier.

But again, when talking about rookies, there are a lot of guys from past all rookie teams that never get better, sometimes because of injury and sometimes because of choices (OJ Mayo).  Hopefully our rookies stay healthy and love playing together.

The thing about BC is that he is mature enough to understand that this is his rookie year and that he can get better. 

Whether he ever makes All-star caliber remains to be seen, but you know that he won't be self-destructive aka OJ (not a knock just had to use an example)  and many others. He is not a pure talent guy, he's a out work you guy. He's like a TA kinda guy. Not comparing him to Draymond Green, but he will reach or surpass his projected talent. 

He will work his tail off to be the best version of himself. Grit 'n Grind all day long with this dude. 

2 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

The thing about BC is that he is mature enough to understand that this is his rookie year and that he can get better. 

Whether he ever makes All-star caliber remains to be seen, but you know that he won't be self-destructive aka OJ (not a knock just had to use an example)  and many others. He is not a pure talent guy, he's a out work you guy. He's like a TA kinda guy. Not comparing him to Draymond Green, but he will reach or surpass his projected talent. 

He will work his tail off to be the best version of himself. Grit 'n Grind all day long with this dude. 

I think he's Shane Battier with crazy athleticism, but without the range (yet).

35 minutes ago, CarloJ63 said:

Pretty good comp, but Battier had that special leadership quality even from college. Battier could lead without being the best or most talented player. 

BC seems more like a do the right thing high level role player. 

42 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

This is true.

Watch him when there is a shot/drive or a pass leading to a shot.  The guy is working to get himself into position.

I’m most impressed by the way he challenges shots. Even when he doesn’t get the block, the way he goes straight up really affects offensive players. 

2 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

He does have that no stats Allstar vibe to him, except you looks at the box score and his numbers are crazy. The things he does on the floor are just things that push you towards wins, and he never appears to be forcing it. 

brandon clark  could be a very SPECIAL player for the Grizzlies 

I'm with you guys I really like BC's game.  Just gets it done.  If he really develops a knock own jumper he could be a really special player.

Of all rookies in the last draft class Brandon Clarke is tied for first (with PJ Washington) in win shares.  He doesn't even play all that many minutes for us, but still efficiently puts up numbers.

17 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

Of all rookies in the last draft class Brandon Clarke is tied for first (with PJ Washington) in win shares.  He doesn't even play all that many minutes for us, but still efficiently puts up numbers.

If we can figure out a “death lineup” this season he will be a HUGE reason why.  

Ok, Ja/Dillon/Kyle/Clarke/Jaren is a candidate for a “death lineup”.  

3 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

I wouldn't mind seeing that lineup some.  Should be pretty good defensively too.

28 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Yep I like the idea of Kyle in the starting line up. I had my doubts but he almost always seems to make the right play. And his ball distribution would go very handy with Jaren or Jonas in the paint.

4 hours ago, BigHunkALove said:

Yep I like the idea of Kyle in the starting line up. I had my doubts but he almost always seems to make the right play. And his ball distribution would go very handy with Jaren or Jonas in the paint.

glad ppl are starting to see slowmo's worth.

Got embarrassed as a team tonight, but BC keeps rolling. 100% field goal today for 18 points. 

He'd be starting someday. Hopefully for us.  

7 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Brandon Clarke is now shooting 65% from the field, 50% from three, and is at 85% from the FT line (he was at 92% before missing tonight).

This is amazing, but is it sustainable?

On 11/16/2019 at 7:11 PM, BigHunkALove said:

Kyle is about the only one on the team that can effectively feed the post (which in turn helps Jaren and JV). Defensively, he's still as good, and probably better, than Crowder. Still can't shoot 3s at all, but that's alright for the moment.With the starters, there's two pretty good shooters with Jaren and Dillon, and two at least decent shooters with Ja and JV. 

7 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

It's kind of what he's been his entire playing career. Assuming he doesn't become a higher volume 3 point shooter, than that number will stay pretty high because he only shoots when he is wide open. He also does a lot of damage around the rim, so the FG% should stay high as well. 

35 minutes ago, fanboyslim said:

Probably not to this level but he only seems to take shots he's comfortable with. The 3s and the FT will definitely come down but I think he should be able to stay around 60% from the field. 

On 11/16/2019 at 9:27 AM, Ja_Rules said:

I want to win, but I kind hope we get a lottery pick in the next couple of drafts.

This

But I really want another high pick