Sign in to follow this  
BnaBreaker

It took Ja Morant...

1 minute ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

On another side note about Ja, he really needs to be taught how to fight through picks better. That’s my biggest gripe about him. He definitely has the first step speed to get between the pick and his man, he just doesn’t have the instinct for it yet. Going under it really isn’t an option in the NBA, especially with today’s game and the pull up that will almost always happen.

The 2nd issue with this is, he’s so light and gets picked off so completely that his man has always got a shot straight into our bigs, this a lot of unnecessary fouls they don’t need to pick up, or and easy floater, open kick out due to others having to collapse in, or good finish for the other team at the basket.

All this starts with Ja not taking that first step quicker towards that pick and being picked off so cleanly and effectively.

Everyone should have been aware of Ja's poor defensive principles by the time of the draft. These bad habits will take some time to work out but he is definitely working on getting better on defense. 

I seem to be eating a lot of crow recently. I thought everyone after Zion would be a bust. I'm glad I was wrong. Ja has superstar potential. I'm excited to be here for the ride.