PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan

Attention GrizzsNation...I don't think our team is good enought to tank.

and yes you read that right...because in today's NBA their is a certain level of talent it takes to be an elite tanker...mentally there is not one guy on the roster that has a bow down mentality...plus alot of guys are playing way better than expected...not really better than what they are but more like they just shouldn't be playing this well this early in the season...but to be honest im not really surprised because i had the team winnin close to 40 games...anyways GO GRIZZS #wesuckattanking

19 minutes ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

and yes you read that right...because in today's NBA their is a certain level of talent it takes to be an elite tanker...mentally there is not one guy on the roster that has a bow down mentality...plus alot of guys are playing way better than expected...not really better than what they are but more like they just shouldn't be playing this well this early in the season...but to be honest im not really surprised because i had the team winnin close to 40 games...anyways GO GRIZZS #wesuckattanking

This team is not showing any intention of tanking. The chemistry is building. 5 wins out of 12 games. At that rate, you're looking at 34 regular season wins. But I also think they can do better than that.

We will hit a rough patch. Just wait. 

7 hours ago, PutARingOnIt#GrizzFan said:

Do you mean bad enough to tank? Also, we're 12 games into the season. Ja will more than likely hit a rookie wall come January-ish. He's getting a lot of energy out now. He should easily win ROY as long as Zion misses significant games. I view Zion as the Alabama of rookies. He may not deserve it but the media will try to force him in anyway. 

4 hours ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

We could say the same things last year after November.....and we know what's happen next....so wait and See.

Exactly. 

I think Taylor Jenkins is a genius. But also the grizzlies have a lot of talent, but don't discount Taylor's system.

He is probably the best coach I've seen since Hollins and he might even be better than Hollins.

I can recognize a tough defensive scheme and offensive scheme to this team.

The grizzlies aren't winning games with smoke and mirrors, this team has the ability to strike quick and fast.

I've never seen a team consistently go from double digits down to double digits up so fast.

This team reminds me of the old George Karl sonics.

Also, I've never heard a memphis crowd so boisterous as when ja was doing his thing, so yeah, i think that the front office has already gotten the city to buy into this brand of basketball, which is crazy to think.

Its all positive from here on out.

kbm drinking the koolaid. so, tj is a genius and, possibly, the greatest coach in franchise history?

hope you’re right. I’ll throw a little vodka in mine and drink with ya. 

slim. 

If this team was in the East, it would be tied for 7th with the Hornets.  As it is, they are tied for 9th in West with Spurs and Thunder.

If the draft were today, the Grizzlies would be picking somewhere between 12-16 (4 way tie).

But, there are 70 games to go.

Teams tied or better record than Grizzlies that I think they could finish better than: Thunder, Magic, Hornets, Suns.

Teams Grizzlies have better record than, but will probably finish with better record than Grizz: Portland, Pelicans, Kings, Nets.

No clue what the Warriors will end up doing, but the problem with the EC teams like Magic & Hornets are they play such an easier schedule (which is good for our draft purposes) that they probably will finish better.

8 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

If this team was in the East, it would be tied for 7th with the Hornets.  As it is, they are tied for 9th in West with Spurs and Thunder.

If the draft were today, the Grizzlies would be picking somewhere between 12-16 (4 way tie).

But, there are 70 games to go.

Teams tied or better record than Grizzlies that I think they could finish better than: Thunder, Magic, Hornets, Suns.

Teams Grizzlies have better record than, but will probably finish with better record than Grizz: Portland, Pelicans, Kings, Nets.

No clue what the Warriors will end up doing, but the problem with the EC teams like Magic & Hornets are they play such an easier schedule (which is good for our draft purposes) that they probably will finish better.

Yep. Now the question it at what point do we decide whether to tank or not? If we do well enough this year and look to possibly make a run at the playoffs (not that we will get there) and decide to tank for a pick this year, that means next year is unprotected and we could make Boston’s pick worthless either way if we play well enough. 

They won three one point games.Then the Spurs game was tied at 2 mins too. Not realistic to keep doing at this point. 

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

They won three one pointers. Not realistic to keep doing at this point.

What? Nevermind I understand. 

If Ja keeps getting them open looks it could. This pat game there weren’t a lot of forced threes but catch and shoot off of passes. 

The rookie wall will come for Ja. We’ll also run into injuries at some point. I don’t think this team ends up with a bottom 3 record thou. More likely in the 5th-10th worst record range and then we hope for some more lottery magic. 

It's super fun that they're winning games but a little voice in my head worries that in 4 years time we'll look back on this year and wish we'd lost a few more games. Hopefully the lottery gods smile on a team which is trying to win.

23 minutes ago, Dwash said:

They won three one point games.Then the Spurs game was tied at 2 mins too. Not realistic to keep doing at this point. 

That shows that they are good at closing time whereas they used to lose those games. They got a go to guy now. 

3 hours ago, TRE2K3 said:

Like I said in the other post. They are on track with the 2015-16 team who had Lance Stephenson and Birdman. 

good point...

who has the actual numbers?

remember when Hubie had us breaking out 5 game sets and moving through the season in bite sized pieces?

that helped keep things in perspective... not too high after an unexpected win nor too low after getting blitzed.

21 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

That shows that they are good at closing time whereas they used to lose those games. They got a go to guy now. 

yup and that's not a secret anymore... everybody knows who's getting the ball in those situations for us now... the defenses are going to work hard finding ways to game plan specifically for him.

Not saying he won't figure it out... but it may take lots of trial and error

3 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

yup and that's not a secret anymore... everybody knows who's getting the ball in those situations for us now... the defenses are going to work hard finding ways to game plan specifically for him.

Not saying he won't figure it out... but it may take lots of trial and error

The dude is good, I don't know if they can game plan for him given what he did against Charlotte unless they just start banging him from the get go, that might slow him down later in the game.

It's still early in the season.  I like the Trio (Ja, JJJ and Dillion).  If we can keep them together, we will have a good base to build on.

So, if they don't lose enough for the lottery pick, I wouldn't mind that.  I think our new GMs will figure a way to get the player we want, especially after getting rid of Iggy.

1 hour ago, UkGrizz said:

It's super fun that they're winning games but a little voice in my head worries that in 4 years time we'll look back on this year and wish we'd lost a few more games. Hopefully the lottery gods smile on a team which is trying to win.

Bingo. I don’t even think tanking matters as much as it used to with the flattening of the odds. Either way I think if you can win you win as much as possible, because it builds a winning culture. Young players that win early win often, so getting Ja, Jaren and BC early career wins only helps our future IMO. We can figure out the talent around them later if we build them into winners. 

Two things that make me think OG poster might be right

1) Ja and JJJ haven’t had it going at the same Time - if they do I think we will struggle to get bottom 6

2) a lot of fight and chemistry on this team. Not like those Suns teams