Sign in to follow this  
memphis slim

1st franchise superstar?

8 hours ago, ItIsWhatItIs said:

Your superstar list is weird because you have like the top 10 NBA players of all time and then Allen Iverson. 

Wtf?

Iverson is one of the greatest of all time

Sooo... nobody is out here posting but me...

guess I’ll have to go full lions on y’all .

start replying to my replies AND counting posts !

where IS everybody?

I’m out here replying to every thread ... by my self on my own ...

guys?

guys?

Some of us have real lives that require our attention from time to time.

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

where IS everybody?

guys?

guys?

I got a hair cut today.

3 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

where IS everybody?

guys?

guys?

What's up shippy

Adam Silver just named Booker as Lillard replacement over Ja, if Zion was healthy from the begining of the season and playing like Ja is playing he would make it. I bet.

Ja will continue with the chip on his shoulder and balling for us.

13 minutes ago, Ja_Rules said:

Adam Silver just named Booker as Lillard replacement over Ja

based on what?

boooo.... phx record 22 - 33

really? 

3 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

based on what?

boooo.... phx record 22 - 33

really? 

3 hours ago, Dwash said:

Booker been putting up big stats for years. Its his turn. Im ok with that. 

Big stats on a loosing effort, Ja is getting amazing stats for a rookie and that, in a winning season for a rebuilding franchise. Booker has never made the players around him better, like Ja is doing. Booker should have no excuses this year, he has good coaching and support casting around him, he must produce.

I have no problem with Booker being an all-star.

What I have a problem with is putting him in the 3 point contest as well.  I wanted to see Jaren in there.

Oh well...stay hungry guys.

19 hours ago, Ja_Rules said:

Big stats on a loosing effort, Ja is getting amazing stats for a rookie and that, in a winning season for a rebuilding franchise. Booker has never made the players around him better, like Ja is doing. Booker should have no excuses this year, he has good coaching and support casting around him, he must produce.

So what? He isnt the first with a losing record to make it. And a guy who has lead his team to two games over. 500 isnt winning so much that he has to be in there. Did Fox or Hield get in last year? Did Jokic get in two years ago? No. Right now Ja's stats, record and career resume are in line with where theh were. The rules have been pretty consistent. 

If there's argument for Ja to get it over Booker, which there is, then Jamal Murray should really be in over the both of em.

Is what it is, Ja'll be in next year watch.

3 hours ago, memphis slim said:

the team needs ja to be far more aggressive in the first halves. his passive play is not a good thing for us right now. 

slim. 

Here is the issue.   Ja gets himself going in games either one of two ways

1. He penetrates then throws a flashy dime
  2. He attacks the rim and finishes

Those two things are really predicated by who is on the court with him.     More recently he has been penetrating and SloMo is recipient of his dime and......he doesn't shoot.     Other times he tries penetrating and lane so clogged that he TOs ball or doesn't finish thru the trees.    That has been killing his rhythm and aggressiveness.     The circumstances are partially his fault and fault of lineups.     The fact that he scared to shoot 3s has made paint more clogged than ever.   Combine that with Dillon slumping and SloMo presence and that's recipe for what we are seeing.  

Ja does majority of his damage once he is put in with the faster wing rotation.     I think Ja should be more aggressive in first halves too and maybe he should do that by launching 3s early.   IF he hits that it will open every thing else up.   

3 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Here is the issue.   Ja gets himself going in games either one of two ways

1. He penetrates then throws a flashy dime
  2. He attacks the rim and finishes

Those two things are really predicated by who is on the court with him.     More recently he has been penetrating and SloMo is recipient of his dime and......he doesn't shoot.     Other times he tries penetrating and lane so clogged that he TOs ball or doesn't finish thru the trees.    That has been killing his rhythm and aggressiveness.     The circumstances are partially his fault and fault of lineups.     The fact that he scared to shoot 3s has made paint more clogged than ever.   Combine that with Dillon slumping and SloMo presence and that's recipe for what we are seeing.  

Ja does majority of his damage once he is put in with the faster wing rotation.     I think Ja should be more aggressive in first halves too and maybe he should do that by launching 3s early.   IF he hits that it will open every thing else up.   

I think he should do what has made him successful all season and maybe we shouldn’t have a non shooter playing major minutes next to him on the wing.