Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Charlotte Hornets - 11/13/19

Great final play by Ja. Surprised this was his first double double.  Grizz only gonna get better as the season wears on.

7 minutes ago, sativa417 said:

Great final play by Ja. Surprised this was his first double double.  Grizz only gonna get better as the season wears on.

he'll have more when the players around him hit more open shots. Wow he actually played 30 minutes this game

20 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Once they trade Hill or Crowder 'itll be room.   Tragic we can't see more of melton tho.  

even then...all these guys need 20+ minutes a game to develop.  I don't know how you split up those minutes between dillon/allen/marko/josh/melton, especially allen and melton who are the least experienced pros.  allen has actually had his best games/moments in utah and so far in mepmhis when more on the ball, so maybe you play him at PG more often in big backcourt/wing lineups (something like PG: allen, SG: dillon or marko, SF: dillon or josh)?  but then that eats into de'anthony's time.  dilemma for sure and I think it takes giving up both crowder and hill to divvy it up easier since dillon/marko/josh can all play SF (with dillon and josh more suited to be natural SF's in my opinion anyway).

This team is now a half game from being tied with the #8 seed (in the East).

I'm also going to add that they are 2.5 out of the#8 spot in the West.

While I have no delusions for this team making the playoffs, I'm just trying to enjoy this victory with a moment to dream.

23 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yep he finally started shooting with confidence. 

i've been preaching patience with all the guards/wings.  they all need time to get used to each other and to be comfortable on the court.  he and allen will be key off the bench for scoring.  allen was starting to play better and look more confident in the lakers and suns games before getting hurt.  marko looks like a completely different player.  he looked so incompetent and lost the first 5-6 games.  nice turnaround for him, hoping the same for allen with more time.

2 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I dont condone all this winning but it was cool to see Ja have a moment like that in front of his people.

True. I'm happy for the youngster but too bad they came away with the W

2 minutes ago, Grizzled Vet said:

This team is now a half game from being tied with the #8 seed (in the East).

I'm also going to add that they are 2.5 out of the#8 spot in the West.

While I have no delusions for this team making the playoffs, I'm just trying to enjoy this victory with a moment to dream.

they should easily have 3 more wins right now which is the crazy thing.  i think they would compete for a 7th or 8th seed by season's end depending on whether or not the FO forces jenkins into tanking lineups/rotations.

4 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I dont condone all this winning but it was cool to see Ja have a moment like that in front of his people.

Nah nah. A win like this is 100x better for this teams future than a tank job. 
I was the biggest tanker on this board the last two years, but that was because of timing and the lack of talent on the roster. With a team this young, the losses will come when teams start needing wins for the playoffs. Tanking isn’t as necessary for a few reason:

we have foundation blocks that need to build some cohesion and develop somewhat of a winning culture, as opposed to the Suns the last 5 years

the lottery odds are much flatter. Just see last year for reference.

as I stated, this team will end up way up in the lottery, don’t worry about that. But enjoy and cheer for wins whenever the opportunity presents itself.