Grizzled Vet

Memphis Hustle/G-League thread

1 minute ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Before Yuta? 

Yuta played in 30 games last year didnt he?    Id give Konchar burn over Yuta for that exact same reason.   

However, i am not opposed to moving on from either Grayson or Marko for Yuta next season.   I really like his size and athleticism but his shooting is super inconsistent and he is not a spring chicken (25y)   

9 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Z-Bo did learn to play more within the team concept with Memphis but let's not forget that there were numerous off the court incidents during his time here. 

Whut incidents? Pictures or they didnt happen 😑

Also people forget, Zbo was a 20 and 10 guy before he got here. ( or close to it... I refuse to look it up) Production gets rewarded. You cant barely get it in and expect people to overlook your mess...

Whats Josh's demonstrated talen that makes him worth yet another shot?

To be drafted that high he had to have been told over and over and over again to get it together.

For him to be here with the Hustle and not growing with the Grizz's newest young fresh faces while they take their lumps speakes volumes to me. 

Nobody has said he doesnt have NBA talent... many have said he needs to grow up.

I dont even dislike him... I am rather indifferent.

I do feel a certain type of way with expecting him to be sent down to 'play' and get the call up before guys that have been silently humping and putting in work. 

7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yuta played in 30 games last year didnt he?    Id give Konchar burn over Yuta for that exact same reason.   

However, i am not opposed to moving on from either Grayson or Marko for Yuta next season.   I really like his size and athleticism but his shooting is super inconsistent and he is not a spring chicken (25y)   

RIGHT. 

Age for a glue guy ?

He's not a star. He will be doing what other Not A Star guys are doing for other teams. 

25 and cheap and knows your offense and you have up to date information re: his hustle, heart, ability to stay outta the media- THIS is a BIG one.

Any idea how many Japanese media outlets are fishing and trying to get him to complain about his situation? 

How many negative quotes have you seen / heard about?

None. Ziltch. Zero. 

People hoping to field a roster where every guy 1 - 8 is a borderline star is not going to happen  IRL... 2K maybe ...

You get a hopefully (All-Star x 2) and a bunch of guys that can hit just enough to support those stars.

3 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Whut incidents? Pictures or they didnt happen 😑

Also people forget, Zbo was a 20 and 10 guy before he got here. ( or close to it... I refuse to look it up) Production gets rewarded. You cant barely get it in and expect people to overlook your mess...

Whats Josh's demonstrated talen that makes him worth yet another shot?

To be drafted that high he had to have been told over and over and over again to get it together.

For him to be here with the Hustle and not growing with the Grizz's newest young fresh faces while they take their lumps speakes volumes to me. 

Nobody has said he doesnt have NBA talent... many have said he needs to grow up.

I dont even dislike him... I am rather indifferent.

I do feel a certain type of way with expecting him to be sent down to 'play' and get the call up before guys that have been silently humping and putting in work. 

Zbo was like 27y tho and was dumped by 3 teams before he got here.    Josh is much younger so hopefully he gets it together quicker. 

Josh main issue is the offcourt stuff and there is no argument that can say that Zbo's accusations weren't worse.     

#FREEJOSHJACKSON

Yuta can come up too.   

6 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

RIGHT. 

Age for a glue guy ?

He's not a star. He will be doing what other Not A Star guys are doing for other teams. 

25 and cheap and knows your offense and you have up to date information re: his hustle, heart, ability to stay outta the media- THIS is a BIG one.

Any idea how many Japanese media outlets are fishing and trying to get him to complain about his situation? 

How many negative quotes have you seen / heard about?

None. Ziltch. Zero. 

People hoping to field a roster where every guy 1 - 8 is a borderline star is not going to happen  IRL... 2K maybe ...

You get a hopefully (All-Star x 2) and a bunch of guys that can hit just enough to support those stars.

Yea i do think Morant getting SportsCenter highlights and Yuta headlining Japanese Sporting outlets would only help the team.    LIke i said demote Grayson and Marko and bring him up.   No way he is worse than either.    We need guys that can defend and i KNOW he can do that.   Just bring up Josh first tho. 

2 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Not until i DeAnthony and Josh get a real chance first.   I like Yuta but he got time with big squad last season.     Rather see the other guys get real chances (Konchar, Josh, and Melton) over him now.  

Those guys all deserve opportunities.  Marko needs some seasoning down in Southaven.  Tyus is... Tyus.  Bring up Josh and Konchar and give Melton some backup point guard minutes.

Yuta is Yuta.  Can't do much more in the G League.  He might top out as an 11th man, but we could use some versatility (and hustle and defense) up front.  No reason not to max out his minutes/games this year with the big boy club.

Yuta might actually be our fifth big man on the roster behind Jaren/Jonas/Clarke/Bruno.  We don't have tons of size.  We don't even have tons of guys with legit small forward size.  

Trade Iggy, shop Jae, send Tyus and Marko down.  Call up Josh/Konchar/Yuta.  Play Bruno and Melton more.

Also, the Hustle need to sign some extra big men.  Our entire organization (Grizz and Hustle) is lacking in the big man department (solid big men but not a lot of depth).  

Then I think we need to figure out who is likely to get those 2 way contracts for next year.  If that is Konchar or Melton.  If it seems like Josh and Yuta are 2 way types then we need to trade them -- move on.  Could be Uthoff or Raynere Thornton.  

Forgot about Grayson Allen being on the roster.  Is he in our plans long-term?  Do we use him to move up in the draft or as part of a trade?  If he isn't part of our brave new bench mob made up of Duke flunkies and G Leaguers then I don't see a great spot for him.

20 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

I get what you're saying. 

What Zbo was ACCUSED of , if true , is bad.

None of this speaks to the fact that Zbo produced on the court.

He had lots of off court incidents. Highly publicized incidents yet he STILL got buckets and rebounds. 

While this is TOTALLY unfair - it IS life. 

As long as a person is an ASSET - they are 'protected' / allowed more leeway than a commoner. 

Josh - I mean come on man... at least be good at NBA basketball. THEN maybe his incidents would be less known. 

Or be good at being a man and these 'incidents' would'nt even be a discussion.

He has not achieved anything POSITIVE / tangible in the way of production / contributed to win shares because his off court REAL 'issues' outweigh everything else.

So ... saying all of that to say this - leave 50 outta this. 🤨

@10SC-2-TOKYO I agree with what Z-Bo did on the court. I'm just saying that some off the court issues are swept under the rug while others are held up to scrutiny. 

The more we discuss this situatio I have to wonder:

How does all of this affect the Hustle's attitudes towards each other?

It has to eat at you a little seeing some guys come in that have had and squandered breaks that you may have fought tooth and nail for...

What's the chemistry like down there?

I could definitely see there being a possible issue with leadership re: who takes the last shot / who the go-to guy is...

42 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

It has to eat at you a little seeing some guys come in that have had and squandered breaks that you may have fought tooth and nail for...

I could definitely see there being a possible issue with leadership re: who takes the last shot / who the go-to guy is...

I bet it can mess with chemistry.

Do Josh and Yuta have anything more to prove in the G League? At some point you gotta throw 'em to the wolves in the big show.

John Konchar will probably max out his "G League growth curve" soon.  

Then you start working on the rest of the Hustle roster.  One of the guys on our roster should be angling to get a 2 way contract for next season.

As long as we have 8 or 9 solid pieces on our main roster (Ja, Jaren, Jonas, Bruno, Clarke, Kyle, Dillon) plus one designated veteran (Solomon Hill) you clear out the rest of the roster and go cheaper/younger/faster.  

Maybe we should even call up a guy like Uthoff for a 10 day contract or two.  He might be the guy who is currently auditioning for a 2 way contract next season.

Tyus/Marko/Grayson don't move the needle much.  And their salaries add up (well mostly Tyus).  I would try to move off one of these 3 by the end of the season -- maybe in a trade package with Iggy or Jae or a draft night trade to optimize our draft positioning.  

We have two log jams: one on our G League roster (Josh can't do much more, Yuta is about to age out, and we probably know what Konchar's "floor is"). Then ANOTHER log jam at the back end of our bench.  We need to move some Hustle guys UP and some Grizzlies guys OUT.

48 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

The thing I see is Josh hasn't been given the chance to showcase himself with the Grizz. His physical ability towers over most of the guys 

on the team. 

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

Do Josh and Yuta have anything more to prove in the G League? At some point you gotta throw 'em to the wolves in the big show.

agreed

2 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Well they haven't lost and have barely been challenged so I'd say chemistry isn't that bad honestly. Chemistry in G League doesn't happen that often anyway because of all the players coming and going all the time. 

I'd like to see Yuta, Konchar, and Josh get a legitimate shot with the Grizzlies. They're all better defenders than any of our bench players not named Kyle (Brandon is more or less a starter to me).

8 hours ago, I❤️JV said:

because of fans like you....there are whispers.....Seattle...fans like you do not deserve to have nice things. 

this is one thing I Agree with you 

Just now, I❤️JV said:

only one?....What about the greatest president in US history...Barack Obama...i hope we can agree on that.

I liked and voted for bill clinton

Just now, I❤️JV said:

clinton is ok....but Barack was the best ever. 

Clinton was a BLUE DOG dem

11 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Not until i DeAnthony and Josh get a real chance first.   I like Yuta but he got time with big squad last season.     Rather see the other guys get real chances (Konchar, Josh, and Melton) over him now.  

As if Yuta has had as much of a chance as Jackson and Melton, and last season's big squad is not even remotely close to this season's team.

9 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

No.  Yuta has played in 16 games, 15 last season and one this season.  By contrast Melton has played in 57, and Josh has played in 156.

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

Are they gonna do a mid-season tourney in the G League too?

They should to try it out 

19 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I get what you're saying. 

What Zbo was ACCUSED of , if true , is bad.

None of this speaks to the fact that Zbo produced on the court.

He had lots of off court incidents. Highly publicized incidents yet he STILL got buckets and rebounds. 

While this is TOTALLY unfair - it IS life. 

As long as a person is an ASSET - they are 'protected' / allowed more leeway than a commoner. 

Josh - I mean come on man... at least be good at NBA basketball. THEN maybe his incidents would be less known. 

Or be good at being a man and these 'incidents' would'nt even be a discussion.

He has not achieved anything POSITIVE / tangible in the way of production / contributed to win shares because his off court REAL 'issues' outweigh everything else.

So ... saying all of that to say this - leave 50 outta this. 🤨

You must've forgotten about Z getting suspended the last game in the POs against OKC.

4 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

They should to try it out 

It would make more sense.  

Unless we get matchups we haven’t seen before then the NBA midseason tourney sounds like a bad gimmmick.