Grizzled Vet

Memphis Hustle/G-League thread

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I hope we can find a way to give Yuta a real fighting chance to show what he can do with the big bears.

Me too.  I think that if he could get some regular minutes to get comfortable, he might be able to add something to the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I hope we can find a way to give Yuta a real fighting chance to show what he can do with the big bears.

I don't mean to diminish Marko, but I do think it's a bit ridiculous that he has just kind of automatically received regular rotation minutes for no particular reason, while Yuta, who showed a lot of promise in minutes with the Grizzlies last season and is a fan favorite, is relegated to fighting for attention in Southaven.  I really don't understand why.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i take these g-league numbers with a grain of salt.  no one seems to play defense and tons of even borderline g-league players regularly put up massive numbers/stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not really but they did.Tacko Falls did something big last night. Never could figure it out. I did something last night that I have never done before, I laughed at the Grizz losing, hoping that they would get beat by a larger margin. Then I quit watching the game and started watching a Hallmark movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Not really but they did.Tacko Falls did something big last night. Never could figure it out. I did something last night that I have never done before, I laughed at the Grizz losing, hoping that they would get beat by a larger margin. Then I quit watching the game and started watching a Hallmark movie.

because of fans like you....there are whispers.....Seattle...fans like you do not deserve to have nice things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I hope we can find a way to give Yuta a real fighting chance to show what he can do with the big bears.

Not until i DeAnthony and Josh get a real chance first.   I like Yuta but he got time with big squad last season.     Rather see the other guys get real chances (Konchar, Josh, and Melton) over him now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Not until i DeAnthony and Josh get a real chance first.   I like Yuta but he got time with big squad last season.     Rather see the other guys get real chances (Konchar, Josh, and Melton) over him now.  

JOSH WILL NEVER PLAY FOR THE GRIZZ!!!!

Please just stop it with Josh nonsense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

JOSH WILL NEVER PLAY FOR THE GRIZZ!!!!

Please just stop it with Josh nonsense. 

lol why do you hate Josh so much? Going to every thread to say he'll never play with us...

Would you really be against him playing over Gudrich or Hill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Zappastache said:

lol why do you hate Josh so much? Going to every thread to say he'll never play with us...

Would you really be against him playing over Gudrich or Hill?

I would like to see him play....really...but it would never happen ....because if he is good he will leave and FO will look bad...so FO will never ever going to give him a chance to make FO look bad...i just don't understand how ppl do not see that...and dream of him as a starter...i have NOTHING AGAINST THE GUY....but him playing for the Grizz is unrealistic...and i would like to be proved wrong and would like to see him play....but i just hate unrealistic teenagers dreams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

JOSH WILL NEVER PLAY FOR THE GRIZZ!!!!

Please just stop it with Josh nonsense. 

Lol... as someone once said... please just stop with this josh nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, I❤️JV said:

I would like to see him play....really...but it would never happen ....because if he is good he will leave and FO will look bad...so FO will never ever going to give him a chance to make FO look bad...i just don't understand how ppl do not see that...and dream of him as a starter...i have NOTHING AGAINST THE GUY....but him playing for the Grizz is unrealistic...and i would like to be proved wrong and would like to see him play....but i just hate unrealistic teenagers dreams. 

I think you're being a bit paranoid as far as the FO's willingness to play him and lose him in free agency. If that happened they would have been the one that resurrected his career anyway so they'd at least look somewhat good for taking the chance on him in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Show us on the dolly where Josh touched you.

LOLLL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Not until i DeAnthony and Josh get a real chance first.   I like Yuta but he got time with big squad last season.     Rather see the other guys get real chances (Konchar, Josh, and Melton) over him now.  

Josh had his shot(s) ... he was drafted top 5 ... and he blew it so bad that we ended up with him.

 I say shots because we all know that one or two incidents can be looked over... he has had to have had multiple infractions for the team that drafted him finally say goodbye. 

As for Memphis->  I’m thinking he may have already been told to shut up and play the game (politics) .

One of two things will happen:

1. He shuts up and stays clean - we can trade him to a team that believes his best days are ahead.

2. He flubs it and heads to the house.

Yuta has been paying his dues night in and night out ... sooo... unless one of the guys mentioned  are clear upgrades or show a better fit - then I’d like to see Yuta rewarded.

Even if he doesn’t ultimately ft with our team / plans - he would be more visible to other teams and can get his shot with one that needs what he brings.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Josh had his shot(s) ... he was drafted top 5 ... and he blew it so bad that we ended up with him.

 I say shots because we all know that one or two incidents can be looked over... he has had to have had multiple infractions for the team that drafted him finally say goodbye. 

As for Memphis->  I’m thinking he may have already been told to shut up and play the game (politics) .

One of two things will happen:

1. He shuts up and stays clean - we can trade him to a team that believes his best days are ahead.

2. He flubs it and heads to the house.

Yuta has been paying his dues night in and night out ... sooo... unless one of the guys mentioned  are clear upgrades or show a better fit - then I’d like to see Yuta rewarded.

Even if he doesn’t ultimately ft with our team / plans - he would be more visible to other teams and can get his shot with one that needs what he brings.

 

Your opinion is not going to be popular with some "dreaming about Josh starting" teenagers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Josh had his shot(s) ... he was drafted top 5 ... and he blew it so bad that we ended up with him.

 I say shots because we all know that one or two incidents can be looked over... he has had to have had multiple infractions for the team that drafted him finally say goodbye. 

As for Memphis->  I’m thinking he may have already been told to shut up and play the game (politics) .

One of two things will happen:

1. He shuts up and stays clean - we can trade him to a team that believes his best days are ahead.

2. He flubs it and heads to the house.

Yuta has been paying his dues night in and night out ... sooo... unless one of the guys mentioned  are clear upgrades or show a better fit - then I’d like to see Yuta rewarded.

Even if he doesn’t ultimately ft with our team / plans - he would be more visible to other teams and can get his shot with one that needs what he brings.

 

Never wise to think a person cannot change or improve when they are only 22y old. 

Same was said about ........ ZBo and he was much older.       Check and Mate.      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Never wise to think a person cannot change or improve when they are only 22y old. 

Same was said about ........ ZBo and he was much older.       Check and Mate.      

Z-Bo did learn to play more within the team concept with Memphis but let's not forget that there were numerous off the court incidents during his time here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Z-Bo did learn to play more within the team concept with Memphis but let's not forget that there were numerous off the court incidents during his time here. 

All i am saying is - it doesn't hurt to give him a shot.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Before Yuta? 

Yuta played in 30 games last year didnt he?    Id give Konchar burn over Yuta for that exact same reason.   

However, i am not opposed to moving on from either Grayson or Marko for Yuta next season.   I really like his size and athleticism but his shooting is super inconsistent and he is not a spring chicken (25y)   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Z-Bo did learn to play more within the team concept with Memphis but let's not forget that there were numerous off the court incidents during his time here. 

Whut incidents? Pictures or they didnt happen 😑

Also people forget, Zbo was a 20 and 10 guy before he got here. ( or close to it... I refuse to look it up) Production gets rewarded. You cant barely get it in and expect people to overlook your mess...

Whats Josh's demonstrated talen that makes him worth yet another shot?

To be drafted that high he had to have been told over and over and over again to get it together.

For him to be here with the Hustle and not growing with the Grizz's newest young fresh faces while they take their lumps speakes volumes to me. 

Nobody has said he doesnt have NBA talent... many have said he needs to grow up.

 

I dont even dislike him... I am rather indifferent.

I do feel a certain type of way with expecting him to be sent down to 'play' and get the call up before guys that have been silently humping and putting in work. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Yuta played in 30 games last year didnt he?    Id give Konchar burn over Yuta for that exact same reason.   

However, i am not opposed to moving on from either Grayson or Marko for Yuta next season.   I really like his size and athleticism but his shooting is super inconsistent and he is not a spring chicken (25y)   

RIGHT. 

Age for a glue guy ?

He's not a star. He will be doing what other Not A Star guys are doing for other teams. 

25 and cheap and knows your offense and you have up to date information re: his hustle, heart, ability to stay outta the media- THIS is a BIG one.

Any idea how many Japanese media outlets are fishing and trying to get him to complain about his situation? 

How many negative quotes have you seen / heard about?

None. Ziltch. Zero. 

People hoping to field a roster where every guy 1 - 8 is a borderline star is not going to happen  IRL... 2K maybe ...

 

You get a hopefully (All-Star x 2) and a bunch of guys that can hit just enough to support those stars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Whut incidents? Pictures or they didnt happen 😑

Also people forget, Zbo was a 20 and 10 guy before he got here. ( or close to it... I refuse to look it up) Production gets rewarded. You cant barely get it in and expect people to overlook your mess...

Whats Josh's demonstrated talen that makes him worth yet another shot?

To be drafted that high he had to have been told over and over and over again to get it together.

For him to be here with the Hustle and not growing with the Grizz's newest young fresh faces while they take their lumps speakes volumes to me. 

Nobody has said he doesnt have NBA talent... many have said he needs to grow up.

 

I dont even dislike him... I am rather indifferent.

I do feel a certain type of way with expecting him to be sent down to 'play' and get the call up before guys that have been silently humping and putting in work. 

 

 

Zbo was like 27y tho and was dumped by 3 teams before he got here.    Josh is much younger so hopefully he gets it together quicker. 

Josh main issue is the offcourt stuff and there is no argument that can say that Zbo's accusations weren't worse.     

#FREEJOSHJACKSON

Yuta can come up too.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

RIGHT. 

Age for a glue guy ?

He's not a star. He will be doing what other Not A Star guys are doing for other teams. 

25 and cheap and knows your offense and you have up to date information re: his hustle, heart, ability to stay outta the media- THIS is a BIG one.

Any idea how many Japanese media outlets are fishing and trying to get him to complain about his situation? 

How many negative quotes have you seen / heard about?

None. Ziltch. Zero. 

People hoping to field a roster where every guy 1 - 8 is a borderline star is not going to happen  IRL... 2K maybe ...

 

You get a hopefully (All-Star x 2) and a bunch of guys that can hit just enough to support those stars.

Yea i do think Morant getting SportsCenter highlights and Yuta headlining Japanese Sporting outlets would only help the team.    LIke i said demote Grayson and Marko and bring him up.   No way he is worse than either.    We need guys that can defend and i KNOW he can do that.   Just bring up Josh first tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now