Grizzled Vet

Memphis Hustle/G-League thread

13 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Yuta also added 24 points and 7 rebounds.  The Hustle website is messed up.  It seems that each time I try the link to the game box score it links me to some videos instead.  I wish they would fix that.

I think if you just "X" out of the videos, it will take you to the box score.

On 11/22/2019 at 11:16 PM, Rdk4121 said:

Josh had 25 points (4-8 from 3 again), 12 rebounds, and I think 6 assists. Pretty good, our closest win yet, only one within 10 points. 

HE looked amazing the other night. I haven't heard anything about him being an issue with teammates. Soooo is it time yet?

2 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

HE looked amazing the other night. I haven't heard anything about him being an issue with teammates. Soooo is it time yet?

It better be soon. He is defending well, he's shooting well, he's rebounding well, he's assisting well. Those are all thing we need. 

I desperately want to see Josh come up, start in pace of Jae, and also have Brandon start for JV. A Ja, Dillon, Josh, Brandon, Jaren lineup is our most versatile lineup. It should be excellent defensively, still should rebound pretty well, and all of them can shoot decently. 

Bringing a bench unit of Tyus, Marko/ Grayson, Jae, Kyle, and JV is really good as well. JV could get more clearouts in the post. Getting just a spot up shooter like Ellington or Daniels wouldn't be a bad thing with that lineup, or hope Grayson or Marko actually start playing well. 

It may be just me ,  but, I'm starting to think that we may have stashed Josh away in the G League to allow him to prove himself FOR OTHER TEAMS...

I think we are hoping he does well enough for us to trade for some decent returns.

I have nothing at all to back this up, yet, I am fine with laying it out there.

4 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

It may be just me ,  but, I'm starting to think that we may have stashed Josh away in the G League to allow him to prove himself FOR OTHER TEAMS...

I think we are hoping he does well enough for us to trade for some decent returns.

I have nothing at all to back this up, yet,  I am fine with laying it out there.

Maybe they are keeping out of everyone’s eyes to bring him back cheap next year too.

2 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Maybe they are keeping out of everyone’s eyes to bring him back cheap next year too.

That's possible, and what I hope to be true. This team could use an extra jolt of energy. 

8 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I hope we can find a way to give Yuta a real fighting chance to show what he can do with the big bears.

Me too.  I think that if he could get some regular minutes to get comfortable, he might be able to add something to the team.

31 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I hope we can find a way to give Yuta a real fighting chance to show what he can do with the big bears.

I don't mean to diminish Marko, but I do think it's a bit ridiculous that he has just kind of automatically received regular rotation minutes for no particular reason, while Yuta, who showed a lot of promise in minutes with the Grizzlies last season and is a fan favorite, is relegated to fighting for attention in Southaven.  I really don't understand why.  

i take these g-league numbers with a grain of salt.  no one seems to play defense and tons of even borderline g-league players regularly put up massive numbers/stats.

Not really but they did.Tacko Falls did something big last night. Never could figure it out. I did something last night that I have never done before, I laughed at the Grizz losing, hoping that they would get beat by a larger margin. Then I quit watching the game and started watching a Hallmark movie.

10 hours ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Not until i DeAnthony and Josh get a real chance first.   I like Yuta but he got time with big squad last season.     Rather see the other guys get real chances (Konchar, Josh, and Melton) over him now.  

29 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

JOSH WILL NEVER PLAY FOR THE GRIZZ!!!!

Please just stop it with Josh nonsense. 

lol why do you hate Josh so much? Going to every thread to say he'll never play with us...

Would you really be against him playing over Gudrich or Hill?

39 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

JOSH WILL NEVER PLAY FOR THE GRIZZ!!!!

Please just stop it with Josh nonsense. 

Lol... as someone once said... please just stop with this josh nonsense.

Just now, I❤️JV said:

I would like to see him play....really...but it would never happen ....because if he is good he will leave and FO will look bad...so FO will never ever going to give him a chance to make FO look bad...i just don't understand how ppl do not see that...and dream of him as a starter...i have NOTHING AGAINST THE GUY....but him playing for the Grizz is unrealistic...and i would like to be proved wrong and would like to see him play....but i just hate unrealistic teenagers dreams. 

I think you're being a bit paranoid as far as the FO's willingness to play him and lose him in free agency. If that happened they would have been the one that resurrected his career anyway so they'd at least look somewhat good for taking the chance on him in the first place. 

3 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Show us on the dolly where Josh touched you.

LOLLL

1 hour ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Not until i DeAnthony and Josh get a real chance first.   I like Yuta but he got time with big squad last season.     Rather see the other guys get real chances (Konchar, Josh, and Melton) over him now.  

Josh had his shot(s) ... he was drafted top 5 ... and he blew it so bad that we ended up with him.

I say shots because we all know that one or two incidents can be looked over... he has had to have had multiple infractions for the team that drafted him finally say goodbye. 

As for Memphis->  I’m thinking he may have already been told to shut up and play the game (politics) .

One of two things will happen:

1. He shuts up and stays clean - we can trade him to a team that believes his best days are ahead.

2. He flubs it and heads to the house.

Yuta has been paying his dues night in and night out ... sooo... unless one of the guys mentioned  are clear upgrades or show a better fit - then I’d like to see Yuta rewarded.

Even if he doesn’t ultimately ft with our team / plans - he would be more visible to other teams and can get his shot with one that needs what he brings.

16 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Josh had his shot(s) ... he was drafted top 5 ... and he blew it so bad that we ended up with him.

I say shots because we all know that one or two incidents can be looked over... he has had to have had multiple infractions for the team that drafted him finally say goodbye. 

As for Memphis->  I’m thinking he may have already been told to shut up and play the game (politics) .

One of two things will happen:

1. He shuts up and stays clean - we can trade him to a team that believes his best days are ahead.

2. He flubs it and heads to the house.

Yuta has been paying his dues night in and night out ... sooo... unless one of the guys mentioned  are clear upgrades or show a better fit - then I’d like to see Yuta rewarded.

Even if he doesn’t ultimately ft with our team / plans - he would be more visible to other teams and can get his shot with one that needs what he brings.

Never wise to think a person cannot change or improve when they are only 22y old. 

Same was said about ........ ZBo and he was much older.       Check and Mate.      

1 minute ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Never wise to think a person cannot change or improve when they are only 22y old. 

Same was said about ........ ZBo and he was much older.       Check and Mate.      

Z-Bo did learn to play more within the team concept with Memphis but let's not forget that there were numerous off the court incidents during his time here. 

3 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Z-Bo did learn to play more within the team concept with Memphis but let's not forget that there were numerous off the court incidents during his time here. 

All i am saying is - it doesn't hurt to give him a shot.