Grizzled Vet

Memphis Hustle/G-League thread

3 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Yeah 1-9 for 2 points is really driving home that point. Because he's not good, they're all significantly better on offense than he is. That's why. 

his D is terrible, and he is way to slow too close out on perimeter shooters, he's easily beaten off the dribble.

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I'd bet that 1 of them would be more than a rotational player if given the opportunity. Probably be like Lionel and Austin.

Please.  You're not going to spout that garbage about Austin Daye again, are you?  He was a defensive liability and he isn't in the league anymore.  He lasted five seasons and couldn't stick with anyone after he left Memphis.

1 minute ago, smit-tay griz said:

Please.  You're not going to spout that garbage about Austin Daye again, are you?  He was a defensive liability and he isn't in the league anymore.  He lasted five seasons and couldn't stick with anyone after he left Memphis.

I could've made a SS out of him. Austin could pass and shoot, he should've been the main focus on the Grizz, the only player who would pass him the ball was Gasol. Ja is a defensive liability 2 but no 1 talks about that.

45 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Yeah 1-9 for 2 points is really driving home that point. Because he's not good, they're all significantly better on offense than he is. That's why. 

Do you not get that he is a rookie? Joe Harris took like three years to be a useful player. Guess you woulda cut him too? Bertans, Beasley were barely used early on.  Joe Ingles wasnt much either his first year. But I get it. He is undrated and unknown so it must be obvious he cant get any better even though we see he has solid handles and was known for being a shooter on the same team as Bodganovic. If he was picked in the draft and had a college background with a nbadraft.net scouting profile with some big pretty words on it to get everyone excited so they can drool over it we would think he deserves some time to get it.

10 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I could've made a SS out of him. Austin could pass and shoot, he should've been the main focus on the Grizz, the only player who would pass him the ball was Gasol. Ja is a defensive liability 2 but no 1 talks about that.

Roflmao!!  Sure, you could've made a "SS" out of him - in your church league maybe.

13 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

and there are a lot more of them. It looks like he does play some defense.

10 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

You can't be serious, can you!!??

Dam straight, I remember Dallas coming into Memphis 1 weekend and they were beating up on the Grizz and he and Bayless got the Grizz back in the game. I'll see if I can find it.

2 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Dam straight, I remember Dallas coming into Memphis 1 weekend and they were beating up on the Grizz and he and Bayless got the Grizz back in the game. I'll see if I can find it.

Don't bother.  I saw enough of Austin Daye to know what he was.

2 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Watch him shred the vaunted  Grizz defense.

After watching him play many games, not just with Memphis, you're not going to change my mind with a highlight video.

7 hours ago, Dwash said:

Guduric has skills. Just want to keep throwing that out there that Im on his team from day one.  He also put together 5 reasonably solid games in a row before Friday, idk what yall talking about one game.

7 pts, 4 assists

6 pts, 2/3 threes

15 pts, 4 assists

5 pts, 4 assists

17 pts, 4/6 threes

18/30 FG, 8/13 from three in those 5 games

Idk seems like he is worth a shot at seeing if these results are real.

How many points did the guys he was guarding score?

45 minutes ago, Dwash said:

Do you not get that he is a rookie? Joe Harris took like three years to be a useful player. Guess you woulda cut him too? Bertans, Beasley were barely used early on.  Joe Ingles wasnt much either his first year. But I get it. He is undrated and unknown so it must be obvious he cant get any better even though we see he has solid handles and was known for being a shooter on the same team as Bodganovic. If he was picked in the draft and had a college background with a nbadraft.net scouting profile with some big pretty words on it to get everyone excited so they can drool over it we would think he deserves some time to get it.

You keep comparing him to players that are just way better offensively than him. That's the difference. They are all knock down shooters, which why they are still in the league. Marko isn't. I've said like 5 times at this point, if he becomes a knock down shooter than he is way more effective. I can't be more clear.

7 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

If we called up Josh and Konchar then I guess we would have to bring some people down to the Hustle.  Marko would be a candidate.  I guess Bruno would be another (but we would be very thin up front).  

Be better to send Grayson down with him, he's only shooting 31.8%.

6 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

You keep comparing him to players that are just way better offensively than him. That's the difference. They are all knock down shooters, which why they are still in the league. Marko isn't. I've said like 5 times at this point, if he becomes a knock down shooter than he is way more effective. I can't be more clear.

And Im saying he was known as that in Europe. Folks are only less patient with him because he is previously unknown (compared to a drafted prospect) and he is being labeled as a "scrub" faster than a struggling drafted rookie would be.

1 hour ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Be better to send Grayson down with him, he's only shooting 31.8%.

you say this like he's had many games to prove himself.  grayson and dillon were clearly the best SGs in preseason.  guduric was by far worse in regular season up until grayson got injured and marko got an opportunity.  allen barely got a chance to play on a playoff team last year in utah.  the hate for him on this board is astounding for a guy who's played 20+ minutes in an nba game like 5 times.  

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

And Im saying he was known as that in Europe. Folks are only less patient with him because he is previously unknown (compared to a drafted prospect) and he is being labeled as a "scrub" faster than a struggling drafted rookie would be.

I'm less patient with him because he's been a pro since he was 18.  dillon was likely at U of oregon at that age and allen was a highschool senior and then benchwarmer at duke until his breakout late in the season.  i didn't expect him to be doncic, but the FO went out and got this guy when they already had dillon and had just traded for allen, jackson, and melton.  how are you going to develop all these guys and fairly evaluate them?  getting guduric was unnecessary IMO.  I can't cut him that much slack when he's got alot of professional/international experience.

1 hour ago, Dwash said:

Don't bother, man.  To some of these guys you're only as good as the last shot you took.