Grizzled Vet

Memphis Hustle/G-League thread

On 2/7/2020 at 7:50 PM, The Stro Show said:

Did he get sent down?

No but he should. 

The NBA G League today announced that four players from the Western Conference leading Memphis Hustle have been selected to its Western Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team. Dusty Hannahs, former Grizzlies assignee Josh Jackson, Jarrod Uthoff and Grizzlies two-way player Yuta Watanabe make up the quartet that marks the most players selected from any team and one-third of the Western Conference Team.

NBA G League coaches and general managers voted on the top performers from the first half of the season from their respective conferences based on their performance in games played through January 28, 2020. Players must have played in 50 percent of the team’s games through that date.

Hannahs, in his third season with Memphis, is currently averaging a team-leading 21.5 points to go with 2.1 rebounds and 2.2 assists while shooting 47.8 percent overall, 47.1 percent from three-point range and 90.0 percent from the free throw line. The Arkansas product and Little Rock native currently leads the league in offensive rating (119.1; min. 10 games played), ranks third in points per 48 minutes (34.0) and is the only player in the G League to rank in the Top 10 for scoring (ninth), three-point percentage (third) and free throw percentage (fourth).

Jackson appeared in 26 games for the Hustle, posting averages of 20.3 points, 7.5 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 1.4 blocks and 1.3 steals while shooting 44.7 percent from the field and 38.0 percent from long range. While with the Hustle, Jackson led the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks at least four times each. Since being recalled by the Grizzlies on Jan. 27, he has appeared in five games and is averaging 7.0 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.0 steals.

Uthoff is currently averaging 18.7 points, 10.7 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks while shooting 48.6 percent overall and knocking down threes at a 35.6 percent clip. He is the only player in the NBA G League who has played in at least 15 games that is averaging at least 18.0 points, 10.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists. The Iowa alum has recorded 14 double-doubles on the season and is averaging 16.8 points, 15.0 rebounds and 3.6 assists over his last five games.

Watanabe upholds averages of 17.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.0 blocks while shooting an efficient 55.1 percent from the field, 37.8 percent from long range and 84.8 percent from the line. Over his last four games played with the Hustle, Watanabe has posted 23.8 points, 6.0 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.0 steals while shooting at a 61.1 percent mark, including 52.4 percent from three-point range. The George Washington product has appeared in eight games with the Grizzlies this season, averaging 2.0 points and 0.9 rebounds per game.

On 2/10/2020 at 1:06 PM, chipc3 said:

The NBA G League today announced that four players from the Western Conference leading Memphis Hustle have been selected to its Western Conference Midseason All-NBA G League Team. Dusty Hannahs, former Grizzlies assignee Josh Jackson, Jarrod Uthoff and Grizzlies two-way player Yuta Watanabe make up the quartet that marks the most players selected from any team and one-third of the Western Conference Team.

NBA G League coaches and general managers voted on the top performers from the first half of the season from their respective conferences based on their performance in games played through January 28, 2020. Players must have played in 50 percent of the team’s games through that date.

Hannahs, in his third season with Memphis, is currently averaging a team-leading 21.5 points to go with 2.1 rebounds and 2.2 assists while shooting 47.8 percent overall, 47.1 percent from three-point range and 90.0 percent from the free throw line. The Arkansas product and Little Rock native currently leads the league in offensive rating (119.1; min. 10 games played), ranks third in points per 48 minutes (34.0) and is the only player in the G League to rank in the Top 10 for scoring (ninth), three-point percentage (third) and free throw percentage (fourth).

Jackson appeared in 26 games for the Hustle, posting averages of 20.3 points, 7.5 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 1.4 blocks and 1.3 steals while shooting 44.7 percent from the field and 38.0 percent from long range. While with the Hustle, Jackson led the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals and blocks at least four times each. Since being recalled by the Grizzlies on Jan. 27, he has appeared in five games and is averaging 7.0 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.6 assists and 1.0 steals.

Uthoff is currently averaging 18.7 points, 10.7 rebounds, 3.1 assists, 1.4 steals and 1.2 blocks while shooting 48.6 percent overall and knocking down threes at a 35.6 percent clip. He is the only player in the NBA G League who has played in at least 15 games that is averaging at least 18.0 points, 10.0 rebounds and 3.0 assists. The Iowa alum has recorded 14 double-doubles on the season and is averaging 16.8 points, 15.0 rebounds and 3.6 assists over his last five games.

Watanabe upholds averages of 17.3 points, 5.3 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.0 blocks while shooting an efficient 55.1 percent from the field, 37.8 percent from long range and 84.8 percent from the line. Over his last four games played with the Hustle, Watanabe has posted 23.8 points, 6.0 rebounds, 2.3 assists and 1.0 steals while shooting at a 61.1 percent mark, including 52.4 percent from three-point range. The George Washington product has appeared in eight games with the Grizzlies this season, averaging 2.0 points and 0.9 rebounds per game.

Do you think Uthoff or Hannahs (or any other current Hustle player that is not currently on a 2 way deal) is gonna get a 2 way deal next season?  

I am assuming we either resign Josh Jackson or we don't.  Highly unlikely that he would accept a 2 way contract.

32 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Do you think Uthoff or Hannahs (or any other current Hustle player that is not currently on a 2 way deal) is gonna get a 2 way deal next season?  

I am assuming we either resign Josh Jackson or we don't.  Highly unlikely that he would accept a 2 way contract.

No I don't expect Uthoff or Hannahs will receive a two way deal. They may get invited to camp (so it is easier to resign them with the Hustle) but neither of those players look like good two way candidates to me. Dusty Hannahs turns 27 years old in September. Uthoff turns 27 in May. I expect the two way contracts to be for recent college grads or early entries to the draft.   

20 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

No I don't expect Uthoff or Hannahs will receive a two way deal. They may get invited to camp (so it is easier to resign them with the Hustle) but neither of those players look like good two way candidates to me. Dusty Hannahs turns 27 years old in September. Uthoff turns 27 in May. I expect the two way contracts to be for recent college grads or early entries to the draft.   

Both sound like decent bets for 10 day contracts either this year or next.  

Uthoff sounds like a decent utility player at the end of the bench.  Maybe we should give him a 2 way deal instead of burning a second round pick on a project big man without a ton of upside.

... on the other hand, I guess I can see our second round draft pick (via Phoenix) earning a 2 way contract.

Although with as many players we have in our system (both Grizzlies and Hustle) maybe we should pick a Draft And Stash player.  Mid second round might be an ideal spot to get a Euro Stash player with some "upside".

We had a good win during today's day game 

how are the hustle doing these days 

Just now, lions said:

how are the hustle doing these days 

I see there 25-10 hope to them win a G league title . it will be a good year for Grizzlies basketball if they do ,1summer league champs G league champs N.B,A play-off eyeing title by year 3/4 

I do not want to see bandwagon fans 

I want to see REAL DEAL fans like ME

16 hours ago, lions said:

I see there 25-10 hope to them win a G league title . it will be a good year for Grizzlies basketball if they do ,1summer league champs G league champs N.B,A play-off eyeing title by year 3/4 

This could be our year

On 2/16/2020 at 6:37 AM, lions said:

I want to see REAL DEAL fans like ME

you are not a real deal ...yet...you only have 3k posts and you are only a Champion...real deal only when you are Hall of Famer...

20 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

you are not a real deal ...yet...you only have 3k posts and you are only a Champion...real deal only when you are Hall of Famer...

Post count don’t lie

1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

This one set me up

1 hour ago, El Guapo said:

Post count don’t lie

this one took me out !

🤣💫💨

You guys need to chill on the post talk and stick to basketball, specifically the Grizzlies. A title under a name doesn't make someone more or less respected as the do the words you write in your posts. 

Just now, chipc3 said:

You guys need to chill on the post talk and stick to basketball, specifically the Grizzlies. A title under a name doesn't make someone more or less respected as the do the words you write in your posts. 

....easy for you to say as HOF'er and real deal supporter....Lions and me?...we just trying to achieve that HOF'er status and be REAL DEALS on this board...

24 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

....easy for you to say as HOF'er and real deal supporter....Lions and me?...we just trying to achieve that HOF'er status and be REAL DEALS on this board...

The Nutheads Thread.