Grizzled Vet

Memphis Hustle/G-League thread

2 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Since 2J is already listed on the Grizz roster he may not be able to go back down once they bring him up. However I did notice his name wasn't listed on the roster last night, he was listed as inactive.

Should we be worried? 

2 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Since 2J is already listed on the Grizz roster he may not be able to go back down once they bring him up. However I did notice his name wasn't listed on the roster last night, he was listed as inactive.

Always wanted to know how - exactly- the whole g-league call up system worked.

Last season I would see Yuta and Bruno on the Blue Bears bench one day and later sometimes in the same week they’d be wearing their red capes in Southaven...

21 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Always wanted to know how - exactly- the whole g-league call up system worked.

Last season I would see Yuta and Bruno on the Blue Bears bench one day and later sometimes in the same week they’d be wearing their red capes in Southaven...

Glad you asked.

Players with up to 2 years of experience (so Jackson qualifies) can be assigned to the G-league at any time. Players with more years of service can only be assigned if the player and the union agree.

Active NBA players who are assigned to the G-league  are automatically placed in the inactive list in their NBA team. There is no time limit for the assignment, and they get paid as if they were in the NBA team.

2-way players are different, they're essentially G-league players that may be called up to the NBA team up to 45 days per season (and be paid more while doing so) and then he can be on the active or inactive list at the NBA team's discretion. That applies to the regular season, 2-way players cannot play in the playoffs (the roster is effectively limited to 15 players) but they can be in the inactive list and travel/practice with the main team.

So, what this means for Jackson is he can be called up any time we choose, but not necessarily into the active list.

15 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

How is Raynere Thornton looking?

I really liked him on the Memphis Tigers.  Always seemed to be in the right place at the right time.  On BOTH sides of the ball.  Good "glue guy".

He could be a 10 day contract guy this season (or next).

678'9nd. post

20 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

How is Raynere Thornton looking?

I really liked him on the Memphis Tigers.  Always seemed to be in the right place at the right time.  On BOTH sides of the ball.  Good "glue guy".

He could be a 10 day contract guy this season (or next).

He didn't play in the first game, but had a solid not on the 2nd game vs. the Mavs G-League team.

On 11/11/2019 at 9:34 PM, Rdk4121 said:

I don't know how far they got into the game, but the game got postponed due to a leak in the arena. 

It's funny to see the box score, because it's G-League, they give no info on why it is stopped and it looks like the game is active at 56-41 in the 2nd.

3 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

He didn't play in the first game, but had a solid not on the 2nd game vs. the Mavs G-League team.

It's funny to see the box score, because it's G-League, they give no info on why it is stopped and it looks like the game is active at 56-41 in the 2nd.

Chip said the gym started leaking.

14 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

The roof was leaking and it was falling right at mid-court.

Hustle already played today, Josh had 24 points on 9-16 shooting (4-4 from 3), 5 rebounds, and 3 assists. Uthoff had 26, hannahs had 22, Konchar was our leading rebounder with 8, Yuta has been a little disappointing so far with 8 points, and 3 rebounds. Also if you're into this sort of thing, Josh had the highest +/- at +31.

13 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

Hustle already played today, Josh had 24 points on 9-16 shooting (4-4 from 3), 5 rebounds, and 3 assists. Uthoff had 26, hannahs had 22, Konchar was our leading rebounder with 8, Yuta has been a little disappointing so far with 8 points, and 3 rebounds. Also if you're into this sort of thing, Josh had the highest +/- at +31.

Some nice drives and shooting, and I like that it seems he's getting along well with teammates.

19 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I don't know why the game was stopped other than it involved "arena issues." I never said the roof was leaking. 

Memphis hustles have been getting some a----- 

11 hours ago, UofMark said:

Not totally sure why but the Hustle have a Noon game this Friday. I'm very happy to be going.

Good thing I start vacation at 12 so I can catch this

Hustle win again.  This one was close until the 4th when we pulled away. 

Josh had a relatively quiet game but did end up with 16 pts / 10 reb / 5 assists.

John Konchar also ended up with a double double 17 pts / 11 reb / 6 assists.

The announcers were mentioning the chemistry between Jackson & Konchar.

Watched the game yesterday. For a G-League team we look REALLY REALLY good

We do have a really good team, helps that we put a top 5 pick on the team. Josh is averaging a +/- of +18.4 per game this year. Konchar is putting up ridiculous numbers across the board this year and is +21 per game so far. 

I'd like to bring both of them up. I'd like Konchar to take Guduric's minutes for a couple of games just to see what he's got. Send Guduric down for a couple of games just to get him some more practice. Josh can be worked in with by taking a few minutes from Jae, Hill, and Kyle. 

4 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

We do have a really good team, helps that we put a top 5 pick on the team. Josh is averaging a +/- of +18.4 per game this year. Konchar is putting up ridiculous numbers across the board this year and is +21 per game so far. 

I'd like to bring both of them up. I'd like Konchar to take Guduric's minutes for a couple of games just to see what he's got. Send Guduric down for a couple of games just to get him some more practice. Josh can be worked in with by taking a few minutes from Jae, Hill, and Kyle. 

Sure, send Guduric down when his confidence and comfort are just starting to get there   - and just kill it.

43 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Didn't he go 0 for 6 the last game? 

Really!!?  You would make all your decisions based on the last game's performance?  That's a nice recipe for disaster.