Grizzled Vet

Memphis Hustle/G-League thread

30 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I'm not worried about those, I'd rather have him on the main team but it they could work out something with him where he would come back and they get a good pick to, the Grizz could be loaded in 2-3 years.

Hopefully they have a plan but I would like to see how Josh fits with our big 3 (Ja/Jaren/Clarke).  

It seems clear that his call up wasn't going to be and isn't dependent on what's happening on the court. I think he's still only been down there a month so he may well still have lots to prove off the court.

What if the trade was made to secure the G League title?! We can’t build an NBA powerhouse this year or next...but we can build a G League monster. 

2 minutes ago, ACGrizz said:

What if the trade was made to secure the G League title?! We can’t build an NBA powerhouse this year or next...but we can build a G League monster. 

Image result for what if gif

1 minute ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I guess it's easy to dominate the G League with a lottery pick on the roster?

Iowa didn't when they had our 2nd pick in the draft (I still can't bear to write his name). 

58 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Can Josh Jackson be traded prior to Dec 15th? 

I think so, he didn't sign a contract so he's fine on that. There's a possibility he can't be traded in combination with anyone until the 15th but I think he's fine on that as well. 

1 hour ago, chipc3 said:

Can Josh Jackson be traded prior to Dec 15th? 

Pretty sure he can. That rule applies to signed players.

I'm not sure if it's been discussed or not, but according to Peter Edmiston, there is a clear timetable with Josh Jackson for being called up, but the FO is not going to share it with the public. Seems as if it's not a matter of if, but more a matter of when. 

19 minutes ago, Rdk4121 said:

I'm not sure if it's been discussed or not, but according to Peter Edmiston, there is a clear timetable with Josh Jackson for being called up, but the FO is not going to share it with the public. Seems as if it's not a matter of if, but more a matter of when. 

I hope he can stay healthy then. It's a roll of the dice at this point if you keep playing him down there.

2 hours ago, Grizz&Grind said:

I hope he can stay healthy then. It's a roll of the dice at this point if you keep playing him down there.

Nah, him coming up is nothing to do with his on court production and everything to do with him proving he can be a professional

3 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

I can live with that. As long as the FO and him are on the same page, makes sense to me.

8 hours ago, chipc3 said:

Iowa didn't when they had our 2nd pick in the draft (I still can't bear to write his name). 

Are you by chance referring to one Heemash Bhattee?  

47 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

Are Hustle games available to watch on streaming video?

I looked at their schedule - and tonight, December 7,  they play the Lakers (away).

...uh,  South Bay Lakers.  😉

I've watched them right on their website before, but the last game was carried by one of the ESPN group and you had to have some account with them to watch.

its good to see we have GLeague excitement , that what WINNING does 

1 hour ago, Joey Crawford said:

Are Hustle games available to watch on streaming video?

I looked at their schedule - and tonight, December 7,  they play the Lakers (away).

...uh,  South Bay Lakers.  😉

Yeah the couple have been ESPN+, but up until that they've just been streaming it on the gleague website for free.