Grizzled Vet

Memphis Hustle/G-League thread

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

What makes you think that?

because there no signs  that he will be called up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

Maybe instead of a call up we may be showcasing him for a trade

i never thought about that but you may actually be on to something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jetfixer said:

Maybe instead of a call up we may be showcasing him for a trade

But the games aren't on TV.

HOW are we gonna showcase Josh Jackson? Do SCOUTS go to these games?  Only empty seats show up for these things.  The advanced stats guys use crayons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish I could see what Josh Jackson would do for our main roster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Josh has proved to be a reliable 3 point shooter and very good on defense. What more are we looking for? 46.8% from 3 on almost 7 attempts per game. That's the most attempts and a higher percentage than anyone on the main squad. He's averaging 1.7 steals and 1.8 blocks, which would be the most for each stat as well, while also having a 94.9 defensive rating. You guessed it, that would also be the best on our team. 

Let me make this clear, I don't expect him to come up to the NBA and continue to put up these ridiculous numbers. Even if he puts up half of the stats he puts up down there he'd still be our 5th best player. To say he deserves a call up is beyond an understatement. I get it from the Grizzlies side, but also he'd add some more intrigue to the season as well. The players seem to want him on the squad as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, I❤️JV said:

to all 2J fans....please forget about him...he will never ever plays for the Grizz...

I am curious... why do you keep repeating this baseless mantra?  I mean, of course there is a chance you might be right in the end, but nobody knows that for sure, so it just seems like wishful thinking on your part.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

I am curious... why do you keep repeating this baseless mantra?  I mean, of course there is a chance you might be right in the end, but nobody knows that for sure, so it just seems like wishful thinking on your part.

He hates everyone named Jackson.  Jaren with the big boys and Josh on the farm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s too bad the Grizzlies can’t bring up Jarrod Uthoff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:35 PM, ALT GRIND said:

But the games aren't on TV.

HOW are we gonna showcase Josh Jackson? Do SCOUTS go to these games?  Only empty seats show up for these things.  The advanced stats guys use crayons.

How in the world did anyone know who Ja Morant was, yes, scouts and GM's see these games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I❤️JV said:

Lies...I don't hate everyone named Jackson....i really like Samuel L. Jackson.

WHAT?
Image result for say what again gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetfixer said:

How in the world did anyone know who Ja Morant was, yes, scouts and GM's see these games.

Ja Morant's highlights were everywhere.  He went VIRAL.  Some of his later games were on cable, plus his two NCAA tourney games were watched by millions.

Not exactly the G League -- unless the 50 people in the stands are all scouts.

I haven't been to the game, but the screen shots of the crowd don't look great.

Somebody on Real GM was "in" on Ja at some point in his freshman year, and was his "possible sleeper pick/draft high riser" going into Ja's sophomore season.

Ja had buzz, but not a TON of buzz, and he lacked the pedigree.  IF he had Zion's buzz/pedigree/high school mix tapes, I think Ja would have gone number 1, or at least a lot more Mock Drafters would have had him at 1.

I bet there are fewer scouts watching Josh Jackson now than in high school or college.  

If we wanna call him up, we should call him up -- no reason to get too fancy.

Between what seems to be low levels of G League attendance and a lack of TV coverage, Josh Jackson might as well be playing in Siberia.

Not saying that people don't know who he is, but people knew who he was IN HIGH SCHOOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2019 at 4:35 PM, ALT GRIND said:

But the games aren't on TV.

HOW are we gonna showcase Josh Jackson? Do SCOUTS go to these games?  Only empty seats show up for these things.  The advanced stats guys use crayons.

The seats may only be open with the Hustle, I seen some other teams playing in packed places. Look at the films of other teams playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

The seats may only be open with the Hustle, I seen some other teams playing in packed places. Look at the films of other teams playing.

Tacko Fall is a legit gate attraction.

Which teams are popular?

I don't follow G League that much especially teams OTHER than the Hustle.

At least I know who is on the Hustle roster....

If we LIKE Josh Jackson then we should bring him up.  Would we have traded him by now?  

I just think that he might fit in with Ja Morant as a perimeter threat to go along with Jaren and Clarke.  Just a hunch.  

What -- are we gonna draft a POOR MAN'S JOSH JACKSON at 6???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Tacko Fall is a legit gate attraction.

Which teams are popular?

I don't follow G League that much especially teams OTHER than the Hustle.

At least I know who is on the Hustle roster....

If we LIKE Josh Jackson then we should bring him up.  Would we have traded him by now?  

I just think that he might fit in with Ja Morant as a perimeter threat to go along with Jaren and Clarke.  Just a hunch.  

What -- are we gonna draft a POOR MAN'S JOSH JACKSON at 6???

Maybe after they see if the Hustle can set a new record, they gonna play the same team again next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Maybe after they see if the Hustle can set a new record, they gonna play the same team again next.

Summer league championship.  G League title.  What's that old song -- "Two Outta 3 Ain't Bad"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ALT GRIND said:

Summer league championship.  G League title.  What's that old song -- "Two Outta 3 Ain't Bad"?

I'm not worried about those, I'd rather have him on the main team but it they could work out something with him where he would come back and they get a good pick to, the Grizz could be loaded in 2-3 years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

I'm not worried about those, I'd rather have him on the main team but it they could work out something with him where he would come back and they get a good pick to, the Grizz could be loaded in 2-3 years.

Hopefully they have a plan but I would like to see how Josh fits with our big 3 (Ja/Jaren/Clarke).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now