Grizzled Vet

Memphis Hustle/G-League thread

Instead of burying any G-League/Hustle news in the Josh Jackson thread, perhaps put it here.

And for those who regularly attend Hustle games, please give updates as most of us probably only will check this board.

And yes, general G-League news can go here since the Grizzlies have regularly signed guys from other G-League teams.

Anyone go to last Hustle game?

In looking at the G-League twitter, there are quite a few notable guys in the league, such as Keldon Johnson (1st round pick, Spurs), Dragen Bender, Jeremy Pargo

Also, this guy:

Just checked the box score.  Disappointing shooting/scoring performance from Yuta, but he led with 12 boards.  Only scored 7pts on 25% shooting but added a couple steals and a block.

Josh, 18/6/5/1/3.  Not a bad start.  The 5 assists is nice.

Konchar, 16/7 with a couple steals and a couple blocks.

Hannahs was second behind the above mentioned Uthoff in scoring with 19.  He and Mooney each hit 3 threes.

I was watching a little on my computer while watching the Grizzlies on TV. 

Yuta couldn't buy a bucket for a while there, but he was doing good on the boards. 

The announcers mentioned a couple of times that Josh Jackson was clearly the best player on the court; mentioned how "bouncy" he was.

Mooney has a good looking stroke. 

I think Konchar even hit a three.

Hustle play the Legends again tonight (B2B) in Frisco.

I wonder if the G-League intentionally plays a bunch of games to open the season for some reason (maybe parent clubs want to see their young players a bunch to start the season or want it thinner down the stretch).  Between Friday Nov 8 to Friday the 15, the team plays 5 games.

Jackson is looking very good, and the better part is that is an all around type game, not just chucking up shots. He's averaging 5 assists and 2.5 blocks per game through the first two games as well. 4/9 from deep (44%), and 12/28 from the floor(43%), so decent efficiency. Hopefully he gets called up sooner than later. 

1 hour ago, Rdk4121 said:

Jackson is looking very good, and the better part is that is an all around type game, not just chucking up shots. He's averaging 5 assists and 2.5 blocks per game through the first two games as well. 4/9 from deep (44%), and 12/28 from the floor(43%), so decent efficiency. Hopefully he gets called up sooner than later. 

They should call him up soon

I much rather see an athletic 1-2 punch of Ja and Josh than Dillon's slow 6 second iso ball that leads to a 22 foot fade away. I think the wins increase once he gets called up if he can continue the all around play. I mean most of our games except maybe 3 have been close at the end.

5 hours ago, Rdk4121 said:

He'll need to jump through whatever hoops he's been asked to though, or there was no point sending him there in the first place, however well he's playing.

19 minutes ago, grizzdafuture said:

I much rather see an athletic 1-2 punch of Ja and Josh than Dillon's slow 6 second iso ball that leads to a 22 foot fade away. I think the wins increase once he gets called up if he can continue the all around play. I mean most of our games except maybe 3 have been close at the end.

Honestly i'd rather see Dillon + Josh on the wing together.   Josh is a better passer than Crowder and can allow DB to shift down to his more natural position of SF.   Dillon problem is he doesn't stick to just catching and shooting.   Maybe having a better passer paired with him will give him more opportunities. 

42 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Honestly i'd rather see Dillon + Josh on the wing together.   Josh is a better passer than Crowder and can allow DB to shift down to his more natural position of SF.   Dillon problem is he doesn't stick to just catching and shooting.   Maybe having a better passer paired with him will give him more opportunities. 

this...i've been saying that dillon is more suited to be a SF (although I think josh is as well) and would probably be better off the bench as well where his selfish tendencies/tunnel vision scoring won't be as hurtful as it is with the starters.  we need the young guys to develop and that's not going to happen with jae and solomon eating into the SF/PF minutes.  play josh/dillon and bring allen/marko in as backups at the SG/SF positions (they have both shown secondary playmaker capability and much more willing passing compared to dillon as well).  they can also go big at the 1-3 positions with grayson as PG in a pinch.  if josh pans out, then they should look to move dillon.

I think pinning this to the top is a good idea to keep apprised of the hustle/G(rizz)-league. Free free to keep updates and such here...

....Unless anyone has any objections?

38 minutes ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

I think pinning this to the top is a good idea to keep apprised of the hustle/G(rizz)-league. Free free to keep updates and such here...

....Unless anyone has any objections?

I think it's a good idea.  I typically look for this thread because I'm interested in seeing what Josh can do.

4 hours ago, CarloJ63 said:

I think it's a good idea.  I typically look for this thread because I'm interested in seeing what Josh can do.

Yeah. Keep us posted on Josh Jackson and the rest of the guys . 

I also think the Grizz can use another big man.  Any serviceable bigs on the Hustle roster?

On 11/11/2019 at 1:06 AM, srmjr23 said:

That's a hell of a stat line. 

Agreed. 
wow.

Sooo he can ball ... please please please let him get his head on straight.

Add not crazy him with Ja , and 13 ... woohoo

The Grizz have four playable bigs now (Jaren, Jonas, Clarke, Bruno) but could use a stretch 5.  Anyone on the Grizz (or any other G League team) look like a stretch 5 with NBA potential?

Hustle game last night was cancelled and rescheduled due to weather issues at the arena. The game will be rescheduled. 

How is Raynere Thornton looking?

I really liked him on the Memphis Tigers.  Always seemed to be in the right place at the right time.  On BOTH sides of the ball.  Good "glue guy".

He could be a 10 day contract guy this season (or next).