I❤️JV

NBA Rumors: Bulls Could Trade Cristiano Felicio, Chandler Hutchinson, And Draft Pick For Jae Crowder

Continuity can be hugely important for a young team. The last thing we want around trade deadline, when we will surely continue to lose, is to lose a guy who is keeping the team together - for a mediocre trade.  A trade would need to have more value than his impact in the locker room. I'm sure there are trades there, but I wouldn't do it just to do it.

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

https://sportsmockery.com/2018/06/the-bulls-used-their-22nd-pick-on-chandler-hutchinson/

https://www.nbadraft.net/players/chandler-hutchison/

What are the reports yall are seeing? He doesnt play cause he is trash. They dont even think he is close to as good as Jae Crowder.  Another Grayson Allen nothing prospect.

That’s where you are wrong. His minutes are beginning to increase in Chicago and he will start playing more. 

the draft pick helps ease that considering I don’t think they will be good anytime soon.

Felício is on the books for 7 mill next season too. I really don’t want to see him loaf around in a Grizzlies jersey for 2 seasons. He is worse than Jarell and Ivan. I don’t even know who Hutchinson is. It better be a good draft pick for us to do it..

18 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

Donte is good, I think he had a solid game or two but the Bucks are in "win now" mode.  Yeah, that might be crazy enough to do it.  Especially since Crowder has been showing out in Memphis.

Donte might be two years away.... but we can afford to wait (I guess).

yea, he like grayson got drafted to a playoff teams that couldn't afford time to let him play/develop last season.  he's basically the same age as grayson and a similar player.  he's put up decent stats so far but it feels a lateral move when grayson is already in the fold and will offer alot of the same with better playmaking (although donte's a better defender at this point).

15 minutes ago, srmjr23 said:

Continuity can be hugely important for a young team. The last thing we want around trade deadline, when we will surely continue to lose, is to lose a guy who is keeping the team together - for a mediocre trade.  A trade would need to have more value than his impact in the locker room. I'm sure there are trades there, but I wouldn't do it just to do it.

100% all of this..  every trade mentioned so far is lateral at best IMO.

18 minutes ago, Dwash said:

https://sportsmockery.com/2018/06/the-bulls-used-their-22nd-pick-on-chandler-hutchinson/

What are the reports yall are seeing? He doesnt play cause he is trash. They dont even think he is close to as good as Jae Crowder.  Another Grayson Allen nothing prospect.

Exactly dud is no better than Bruno and is only a year younger. 

56 minutes ago, Grizz&Grind said:

Don't hate it.

Like that Crowder is a veteran team leader though.

Would prefer they move Iggy first, see what that return is and then talk about moving Crowder.

Yea i value Crowder's leadership more than a couple of garbage players.   Rather see what we get from Iggy deal first and see what Josh Jackson can do.  

https://www.si.com/nba/grizzlies/news/jae-crowder-on-accepting-his-leadership-role-jaren-jackson-josh-jackson-DI2iM2-CikyZMzm8FmtCvg/

I would look at Crowder, Allen for Will Barton. I think Denver would consider it since they need a SF. I want something.of reasonable value.

19 minutes ago, Dwash said:

i like that he has a similar physical profile to thybulle in philly, but different players.  allen has shown flashes in utah and some this season in much less opportunity than hutchison had last season in chicago.  hutchison like allen was a senior when drafted, but played in a MUCH weaker conference and shot 69% from FT and 35% from 3 in college, but on only about two 3 point attempts per game.   compared to allen's college numbers (again against much tougher competition) at 83% FT and 38% 3 pt shooting on a massive amount of attempts (over five 3 point attempts per game including almost seven attempts per game from sophomore to senior year).  why add hutchison when we can just see what josh jackson has to offer?

3 minutes ago, Dwash said:

I would look at Crowder, Allen for Will Barton. I think Denver would consider it since they need a SF. I want something.of reasonable value.

what needle does barton move for this team?

12 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

yea, he like grayson got drafted to a playoff teams that couldn't afford time to let him play/develop last season.  he's basically the same age as grayson and a similar player.  he's put up decent stats so far but it feels a lateral move when grayson is already in the fold and will offer alot of the same with better playmaking (although donte's a better defender at this point).

Donte was a mvp of college championship. Very different

1 minute ago, grizz09 said:

what needle does barton move for this team?

A good bench scorer over the next three years.

Just now, Memphis Maverick said:

Donte was a mvp of college championship. Very different

donte had a great final 4 game and got drafted high because of that.  he's got game, but grayson had a much better college career overall.  grayson probably should've been MOP for duke's 2015 championship, but I can't argue against tyus winning it either.

Just now, Dwash said:

A good bench scorer over the next three years.

this should be primarily dillon, but the team needs a starting SG.  Barton's not that.

1 minute ago, grizz09 said:

this should be primarily dillon, but the team needs a starting SG.  Barton's not that.

Barton is atleast a solid NBA rotation player. Barton would be our best wing right now so you have to start somewhere.  

2 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

donte had a great final 4 game and got drafted high because of that.  he's got game, but grayson had a much better college career overall.  grayson probably should've been MOP for duke's 2015 championship, but I can't argue against tyus winning it either.

Donte is a better player than Grayson. That’s showing because he’s getting good burn in Milwaukee. Grayson wouldn’t even hit the floor with them

Just now, Dwash said:

Barton is atleast a solid NBA rotation player. Barton would be our best wing right now so you have to start somewhere.  

fair enough, but i think he's another tunnel vision type player.

Just now, GrizzTigerFan said:

Except he doesn't want to be a bench player.  That is my issue with him.  

this too.

Just now, Memphis Maverick said:

Donte is a better player than Grayson. That’s showing because he’s getting good burn in Milwaukee. Grayson wouldn’t even hit the floor with them

it's pretty equal in my opinion in terms of what they've done on the nba level so far.  connaughton hasn't been so great which has opened the door for donte.

3 minutes ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Except he doesn't want to be a bench player.  That is my issue with him.  

Im sure Jamal Crawford said the same thing at first. He is 28, he will eventually accept his fate.

Just now, grizz09 said:

it's pretty equal in my opinion in terms of what they've done on the nba level so far.  connaughton hasn't been so great which has opened the door for donte.

Donte is about to explode. Watch. He’s logged a 17 point game and a 14 point game in 17 minute game and 20 minute game respectively. On the bucks. He can down threes at a high clip and is stupid athletic.

1 minute ago, Dwash said:

Im sure Jamal Crawford said the same thing at first. He is 28, he will eventually accept his fate.

Yea but he is starting for a playoff team.  No way he would be a good vet about coming off the bench in Memphis (with his history here).   If he starts then he would be paired with Dillon and i don't like their fit together.    If dealing with DEN i want either Harris or Beasley.    And i still want to see what Josh can do.  

6 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Donte is about to explode. Watch. He’s logged a 17 point game and a 14 point game in 17 minute game and 20 minute game respectively. On the bucks. He can down threes at a high clip and is stupid athletic.

small sample size, but yep he's had a couple great games recently (other than their recent games against the clippers).  again, in larger sample size last year and in this past preaseason, he wasn't that great in a good amount of minutes and wasn't knocking down 3's or FTs at high clip either.  regardless, i think alot of the 2018 drafted guards/wings are going to break out more if given enough time/development.  donte, huerter, grayson, shamet, etc...

Just now, grizz09 said:

small sample size, but yep he's had a couple great games recently (other than their recent games against the clippers).  again, in larger sample size last year and in this past preaseason, he wasn't that great in a good amount of minutes.  i think alot of the 2018 drafted guards/wings are going to break out more if given enough time/development.  donte, huerter, grayson, shamet, etc...

Donte has rotted on the bench for awhile. He will be fine. I’d like to have Grayson and him on the team.

Donte is built for this NBA long term. He’s a 40% plus three point shooter with athletic ability. Great rebounder for his size.