chipc3

Dallas Mavericks @ Memphis Grizzlies 11/9/19

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Saturday, November 9 7:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies vs Dallas Mavericks 

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: Veterans Day Game presented by Ashley Furniture Homestore

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Jae Crowder Jaren Jackson Jr Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203109.png 1628991.png 202685.png

Mavs Starting 5

Seth Curry Luka Doncic Dorian Finney-Smith Kristap Porzingus Dwight Powell
203552.png 1629029.png 1627827.png 204001.png 203939.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen, Kyle Anderson, Bruno Caboclo, Brandon Clarke, Marco Guduric, Solomon Hill, Tyus Jones, John Konchar (2), De'Anthony Melton, Yuta Watanabe (2)

Dallas Mavericks: JJ Barea, Ryan Broekhoff, Jalen Brunson, Tim Hardaway Jr, Justin Jackson, Max Kleber, Courtney Lee, Boban Marjanovic, Josh Reaves, Isaiah Roby,  Delon Wright

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Mavericks: Preview | News Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

8 minutes ago, Memphis Maverick said:

Just traded Devin booker for Ja on my fanstasy team. Need him to show out. 

Ja is on BOTH of my fantasy teams.

One of my fantasy teams has Ja AND Luka AND Giannis.  Doing good now -- gonna do EVEN BETTER once (if????) Zion gets back.

But, hey, I think it looks like Luka and Ja are gonna run the league soon....

15 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

We have Ja Morant. They don't. I like our chances.

agreed.  I think him having to score so much so far will be great for his development as a go to guy in the clutch.  season is early and i 100% believe that dillon, grayson, and even marko will start to hit shots alot more consistently as they get more comfortable on the court.  this will open up ja's game so much and his assists will skyrocket.

4 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

agreed.  I think him having to score so much so far will be great for his development as a go to guy in the clutch.  season is early and i 100% believe that dillon, grayson, and even marko will start to hit shots alot more consistently as they get more comfortable on the court.  this will open up ja's game so much and his assists will skyrocket.

Yeah, Ja looks like someone who can average 25 points and 10 assists a game RIGHT NOW.

Just now, ALT GRIND said:

Yeah, Ja looks like someone who can average 25 points and 10 assists a game RIGHT NOW.

yep, i know they're managing minutes, but imagine his numbers if he was playing 33-37 min a game.

3 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

yep, i know they're managing minutes, but imagine his numbers if he was playing 33-37 min a game.

I think we will find out soon.  I can see him getting 35 minutes a night in some games.  I don't see him playing 40 minutes in any game this year.  I don't see us trying to pad his stats.  

I think he will average 30 to 32 minutes a night.

The only way I see him averaging 35 minutes per night for any stretch is if we have two weeks left in the season and we are a game or two out of the playoff hunt.

1 minute ago, ALT GRIND said:

I think we will find out soon.  I can see him getting 35 minutes a night in some games.  I don't see him playing 40 minutes in any game this year.  I don't see us trying to pad his stats.  

I think he will average 30 to 32 minutes a night.

The only way I see him averaging 35 minutes per night for any stretch is if we have two weeks left in the season and we are a game or two out of the playoff hunt.

yea, they'll hopefully loosen the reigns the closer we get to allstar break and thereafter.  jenkins rotations have been weird and he's frozen guys by putting them on the bench when they looked they were about to start really cooking.  i wouldn't mind them trying to pad his stats and get more wins, because that gets him ROY award which would be great for the team/city despite anticipated lack of team success.

37 minutes ago, grizz09 said:

yea, they'll hopefully loosen the reigns the closer we get to allstar break and thereafter.  jenkins rotations have been weird and he's frozen guys by putting them on the bench when they looked they were about to start really cooking.  i wouldn't mind them trying to pad his stats and get more wins, because that gets him ROY award which would be great for the team/city despite anticipated lack of team success.

If Ja just stays at 20 and 5 then the ROY award is his to lose.  Especially if we can win a few games every now and then.

Also circling the NBA All Star Weekend dunk contest.  I have Ja over Clarke. Or, vice-versa.

2 minutes ago, ALT GRIND said:

If Ja just stays at 20 and 5 then the ROY award is his to lose.  Especially if we can win a few games every now and then.

Also circling the NBA All Star Weekend dunk contest.  I have Ja over Clarke. Or, vice-versa.

i just hope the team wins enough games that he'd be considered at those numbers.  ja has almost killed himself on some dunks lol.  i want him to stay away from the dunk contest.  brandon is not a dunk contest dunker.  grayson has actually said in the past that he wanted to do it, and i think he has some tricks up his sleeve.

4 hours ago, ALT GRIND said:

We have Ja Morant. They don't. I like our chances.

the mavs are up and coming and real good mavs 126-grizzlies113

36 minutes ago, Joey Crawford said:

Grizzlies better bring up Josh Jackson to the main roster.  

Why?  Because he scored 18 points in a G-League game?

Kristaps Porzingis will not play Saturday night in Memphis, the second game of the Mavs' first back-to-back. The official reason: injury recovery, left knee. The Mavs have been clear that they would take a cautious approach with Porzingis as he returned from a 20-month lay-off.