Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Dallas Mavericks @ Memphis Grizzlies 11/9/19

2 minutes ago, toocoolkellz said:

I think you missed his point

No, he’s saying they were hoping for a playoff spot. Problem is Zach lavine isn’t that player and nether is markanen.

other than that they have scrubs outside of Wendell. Just like Memphis. 

There is no point to prove. They are just as bad as Memphis and have just as crappy of a roster. 

What does it take to get Bruno more playing time?
Even without Clark available he gets less than 10 minutes. He was effective it seems to me.
He has been decent defending the 5 position, gettting blocks and avoiding fouling and rebounding. He seems more active at the 5 than other positions. It's a good fit.

1 minute ago, cousy said:

What does it take to get Bruno more playing time?
Even without Clark available he gets less than 10 minutes. He was effective it seems to me.
He has been decent defending the 5 position, gettting blocks and avoiding fouling and rebounding. He seems more active at the 5 than other positions. It's a good fit.

They want 3J to occupy that spot. They would be better off just sticking him at the 4. He didn't play the 5 the night he got 38 against the Nets last year.

1 minute ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

They want 3J to occupy that spot. They would be better off just sticking him at the 4. He didn't play the 5 the night he got 38 against the Nets last year.

thanks. Good points. Bruno just seems comfortable in there. 
If your scenario means that Clark is slotted for the backup at the 4 then Bruno doesn't get on the court much. He justs looks like a more complete player than JJJ. Probably there is fo pressure to develop JJJ into the center. I hope they can figure out a way to get those 3 on the court at the same time.

1 hour ago, cousy said:

thanks. Good points. Bruno just seems comfortable in there. 
If your scenario means that Clark is slotted for the backup at the 4 then Bruno doesn't get on the court much. He justs looks like a more complete player than JJJ. Probably there is fo pressure to develop JJJ into the center. I hope they can figure out a way to get those 3 on the court at the same time.

Do we start shopping Jonas? This is not the right system, the league offenses are turbocharged and we aren’t going to win much.

Jaren and Clarke as the big man combo with Bruno as the third big makes more sense.  If we want a bruiser big man for depth maybe we can get one cheaper.

15 hours ago, toocoolkellz said:

I think JV might be better served off the bench.  

He has to play against the big centers. Luckily, some of them aren't starters and some teams don't have a bulldozer. 

3 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Always giving extra credit points.  Next time you tell the story it'll be 40 or 42.  ;)  It was 36. 

10 hours ago, Memphis Maverick said:

No, he’s saying they were hoping for a playoff spot. Problem is Zach lavine isn’t that player and nether is markanen.

other than that they have scrubs outside of Wendell. Just like Memphis. 

There is no point to prove. They are just as bad as Memphis and have just as crappy of a roster. 

on paper they  have a better roster than us. Zach is a good player and dwarfs every single wing on our team. Like us they're a fairly young team who've been rebuilding for quite some time. It's not that the players individually are bad it's that they are bad collectively.  Any other narrative is just certified bologna 

On 11/8/2019 at 1:34 PM, ALT GRIND said:

I think we will find out soon.  I can see him getting 35 minutes a night in some games.  I don't see him playing 40 minutes in any game this year.  I don't see us trying to pad his stats.  

I agree  ...while winning rookie of the year ultimately doesnt matter it would still be cool to say we have the rookie oif the year...Do they get pay increases / bonuses for that or anything? 

I do want to see him making a concerted effort to feed 13 over and over and over again to find h9s sweet spots ... up his conf9idence

we all know that he will easily break ranks occasionally and try to slam the soul outa somebody on a whim...I want to see if he can het the guys around him to share his urgency.that energy.

folks already know that Ja can get at that rim real quick ... set up a couple of our teammates -- let5 them pull on it too.

this seson we are basicall running a dress rehearsal for next year.

as for Ja's style ...I'm with it. My football coaches always told us if you go out there tip toeing trying to avoid injurues - you WILL get injured. 

I get it ... guys need to rest ... BUT I would rather they took that rest in away games... many memphians that may want to come through the forum to see Ja upclose will be highly disappointed to grab a few tickets to shoot through and see Ja go. off...

only when they get their - Ja is resting on the bench...

gotta GROW the fanbase... 

20 minutes ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I get it ... guys need to rest ... BUT I would rather they took that rest in away games... many memphians that may want to come through the forum to see Ja upclose will be highly disappointed to grab a few tickets to shoot through and see Ja go. off...

I think the NBA reached a compromise in which it would not punish teams for resting players but only if they do it in home games. I read a couple of articles or tweets pointing that out.

Basically, we accept the image/financial hit of resting as long as it’s you who takes it.

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

I agree  ...while winning rookie of the year ultimately doesnt matter it would still be cool to say we have the rookie oif the year...Do they get pay increases / bonuses for that or anything? 

I do want to see him making a concerted effort to feed 13 over and over and over again to find h9s sweet spots ... up his conf9idence

we all know that he will easily break ranks occasionally and try to slam the soul outa somebody on a whim...I want to see if he can het the guys around him to share his urgency.that energy.

folks already know that Ja can get at that rim real quick ... set up a couple of our teammates -- let5 them pull on it too.

this seson we are basicall running a dress rehearsal for next year.

as for Ja's style ...I'm with it. My football coaches always told us if you go out there tip toeing trying to avoid injurues - you WILL get injured. 

I know I need to grow up — but man I wanna see Ja Morant in the dunk contest!

1 hour ago, 10SC-2-TOKYO said:

Someone was saying the teams can only rest players during home games this season without penalty. That way fans who only get one or two shots to see these players don't get screwed. 

52 minutes ago, chipc3 said:

Someone was saying the teams can only rest players during home games this season without penalty. That way fans who only get one or two shots to see these players don't get screwed. 

This makes perfect sense to me.

I remember when LeBron didn't travel to Memphis for an away game a couple years ago there were news articles about crying children who had driven from St Louis or Nashville or wherever and didn't get to see their beloved LeBron. Was kind of funny to me at the time, but seemed like it could be a huge problem for a league that is all about star power. 

Marko has some serious moves. His first step and crossover are first class. His new confidence in shooting is going to make him more of an alpha on offense. He is a good assist man too. Go Gudie!