chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Orlando Magic - 11/8/2019

Grizzlies Gametime Discussion

Date/Time: Friday, November 8, 6:00 PM

Memphis Grizzlies at Orlando Magic

Television: NBALP | Fox Sports South

Memphis Radio: 92.9FM | 680AM

Promotions: 

Grizz Social: iTunes Google Play Facebook Twitter Google+ Instagram Pinterest Snapchat Flickr YouTube LinkedIn

Grizzlies Starting 5

Ja Morant Dillon Brooks Jae Crowder Jaren Jackson Jr Jonas Valanciunas
1629630.png 1628415.png 203109.png 1628991.png 202685.png

Magic Starting 5

Markelle Fultz Evan Fournier Jonathan Isaac Aaron Gordon Nikola Vucevic
1628365.png 203095.png 1628371.png 203932.png 202696.png

Benches

Memphis Grizzlies: Grayson Allen (INJ), Kyle Anderson, Bruno Caboclo, Brandon Clarke, Marco Guduric, Solomon Hill, Tyus Jones, John Konchar (2), De'Anthony Melton, Yuta  Watanabe (2)

Orlando: Al-Farouq Aminu, DJ Augustine, Mo Bamba, Khem Birch, MIchael Carter-Williams, Melvin Frazier Jr, Wes Iwundu, Amile Jefferson, B J Johnson, Josh Magette, Terrance Ross

Grizzlies: Preview | Recap | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | Tickets | Promotions | Watch Parties

Magic: Preview | News | Roster | Stats | Schedule | Photos | Video | 

Depth Charts: CBS | ESPN | Yahoo

Injuries: CBS | ESPN | FOX | Yahoo

Preview: 
The Memphis Grizzlies are coming off their second win of the season, defeating the Minnesota Timberwolves 137-121. LEd by Dillon Brooks 31 points, the Grizzlies scored early and often to run away with the game despite Jaren Jackson's horrific game (0 points). Jackson was recovering from a knee injury and looked rusty and tentative. Hopefully JJJ will return to form against an Orlando team that has struggled this season with a record actually worse than the Grizzlies and no quality wins. 

Memphis' youth movement is in full swing led by Ja Morant and Brandon Clarke but Jaren Jackson's inability to avoid fouls, poor shooting and spotty rebounding has put an early season damper on his potential. Jackson clearly hasn't improved from his rookie season and possibly even regressed. When Jackson is on offensively and not committing silly defensive fouls, which hasn't been often this season, he has looked like a potential All-Star but he has to become more consistent to reach that level. Jae Crowder, Jonas Valanciunas and Solomon Hill have provided some veteran leadership but also appear to understand their roles on a team looking to develop youth at the expense of veteran experience. 

Orlando has been rebuilding for years it seems. Despite the presence of numerous high draft picks, the Magic haven't found a way to put the talent together to build a team. The Magic have former #1 pick in the draft Markelle Fultz finally healthy and ready to start living up to his draft position as well as former Rookie of the Year Michael Carter-Williams at the point. Evan Fournier, Aaron Gordon, Terrance Ross, Al-Farouq Aminu and Nicola Vucevic all are veterans with talent but despite this the team finds ways to lose. Last year's lottery pick Mo Bamba hasn't found his footing in the NBA yet and is averaging fewer minutes this season than his rookie year. He's starting to look like a bust. 

The Magic haven't won on the road or against a Western Conference opponent.  Hopefully those streaks continue.

Not sure anyone watched the Magic v. Dallas game last night, but I was impressed with Jonathan Isaac, but the thing I couldn't believe was they called Aaron Gordon for charges on consecutive trips in the last 40 seconds of the game when it was a 1 point game.  Never would those be called against a big star.

2 hours ago, Grizzled Vet said:

Not sure anyone watched the Magic v. Dallas game last night, but I was impressed with Jonathan Isaac

Dude took a HUGE leap over thie offseason.

this may be win number 3  , we need a road win very bad

We need to LOOSE this game. Don’t want to shatter our draft hopes WITH too many wins

Magic play slow they have only 1 100 point game so far.

We win if good Dillion shows up which is unlikely.

3 hours ago, costarica2 said:

Magic play slow they have only 1 100 point game so far.

We win if good Dillion shows up which is unlikely.

Maybe Jaren goes off this game. He’s due.

3 hours ago, Subliminal said:

We need to LOOSE this game. Don’t want to shatter our draft hopes WITH too many wins

But what if James Wiseman isn’t Wilt on offense and David Robinson on defense?

Is that the narrative on Wiseman now. lol.

If Wiseman can keep it up then he is worth a look with the number one pick.

If he is that good, or almost that good, or projects to be that good then the Grizz gotta take him — if only from a business perspective.  

But, hey, let’s string together some winning streaks, sneak into the playoffs, and fire up a 2021 Draft thread.

If Solomon Hill's afro gets some playing time, I like our chances.  We're 2-0 when the 'fro gets some court time.  Fear The 'Fro.

14 minutes ago, pjs said:

If Solomon Hill's afro gets some playing time, I like our chances.  We're 2-0 when the 'fro gets some court time.  Fear The 'Fro.

He knows where to be on the court.  Which is something.  If he hits a few shots I like our chances. 

3 point shooting seems like the X Factor for us this year. 

5 hours ago, Subliminal said:

I want to see our grizzlies Kick some Magic Kingdom mickey mouse A--- and of course do it with alots of LOVE 

1 hour ago, grizz09 said:

grayson out again

I want to see Grayson  Allen start hitting that outside Shoot 

Predictions for this game:

- DJ Augustine will have a big game.

- Jaren will not be in foul trouble right off the bat.  The foul trouble will occur late in the game.  

- Jonas will hold his own against Vucevic.

- Game is close the whole way through, but our inability to get stops late, gives Orlando the win by 5.

- If Solomon Hill doesn't wear the fro, we lose by 20.

13 hours ago, lions said:

I want to see Grayson  Allen start hitting that outside Shoot 

he will, his shots have been barely missing + he's hitting high % from the FT line.  Just needs more game reps and patience.  looking briefly at the team's numbers, he's the only person to hit at least 1 three in every game he's played.

I think one factor will be if Jae "Larry Bird" Crowder shows up.    Or if Jae "the chunker" Crowder shows up.

Hill's hair style is worth a couple of points at least.   Solomon Hill's play, I would described as "steady".   Roll player.

The Magic haven't won on the road or against a Western Conference opponent.  Hopefully those streaks continue.

What universe are you living in? Did you get the ingredients wrong on your shine? I'd almost bet any amount that doesn't happen tonight.  

47 minutes ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

What universe are you living in? Did you get the ingredients wrong on your shine? I'd almost bet any amount that doesn't happen tonight.  

you act like we're playing the '96 bulls, this is a winnable game

22 hours ago, Subliminal said:

The lose vs loose national epidemic never gets old to me.

But yeah, I agree. In on the tank cause we're gonna be A LOT better next season..

5 hours ago, grizz09 said:

he will, his shots have been barely missing + he's hitting high % from the FT line.  Just needs more game reps and patience.  looking briefly at the team's numbers, he's the only person to hit at least 1 three in every game he's played.

he needs to hit them or he will be gone, a player who is slow and can,t shoot are gone in todays N.B.A