Sign in to follow this  
chipc3

Memphis Grizzlies @ Orlando Magic - 11/8/2019

Hah, wild!  I had to leave just before the end of the 3rd, it was like a 3 point game or something.  I checked the score on my phone about 30 minutes later...lol.  WTH happened in the 4th?

after this BAD slowing in the 4th the grizzlies should show up sat 

Let’s just call it for what it is.

The Grizz are a terrible shooting team. They have no cohesion on defense, no vocal leader on defense at all, so they spend half their time looking over their shoulders to see if the man they’re guarding is still here.(often, they’re not)

Offense is just a chuck fest with no thought given most of the time  of what/where any other player is/will be/came from....

Its just bad/inexperienced basketball.

The saddest part of it is....that’s the style of today’s NBA basketball...even with coaching/schemes/and experience.

Its like they’re trying to bring college level excitement to the pros, and that’s not what the pro level is all about.

Pau said it best..., that there is no beauty in today’s game.

5 hours ago, southbluffsgrizzfan said:

Look, I get that Taylor Jenkins is developing a roster and he is putting together different lineups to gather data and maybe winning isnt the main priority right now, but they just lost the 4th qtr 34-8.  34 effing pts to 8!!!!!!   Now that is just absolutely pathetic.   I know this season is going to be rough but 34-8 and losing to another 2-5 team??????   MEM was within 6 points at the end of the 3rd and lost by freakin 32 pts.   Now that is a flat out laydown or tank or we got some horrible players when it comes to winning time.    That is just absolutely ridiculous to lose a quarter 34-8.   No way ORL is some kind of lockdown defensive team that can just hold a team to 8 points .

That was an embarrassment and I know we are trying to develop a roster and yada yada yada.   34-8????    Get out of here with that crap

Can you remind me what the 4th quarter score was again? 

5 hours ago, LuvThem Grizzlies said:

Grizzled Vet said this was a road game for the Magic. His shine must've been pretty stout.

That's not the way I read it ....

On 11/7/2019 at 12:14 PM, Grizzled Vet said:

The Magic haven't won on the road or against a Western Conference opponent.  Hopefully those streaks continue.

... To me, he was pointing out they hadn't beat a Western Conference Team ...until tonight of course.

7 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

Wait... what the hell happened?  I took a shower two minutes into the 4th and then... the bottom fell out.  

I'm sure Coach Jenkins cited this as the main reason for the 4th Quarter meltdown.

Way to go dude.  #&#$-$!!!

6 hours ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

The Grizz are a terrible shooting team. They have no cohesion on defense, no vocal leader on defense at all, so they spend half their time looking over their shoulders to see if the man they’re guarding is still here.(often, they’re not)

Offense is just a chuck fest with no thought given most of the time  of what/where any other player is/will be/came from....

The saddest part of it is....that’s the style of today’s NBA basketball...even with coaching/schemes/and experience.

Its like they’re trying to bring college level excitement to the pros, and that’s not what the pro level is all about.

You are correct on everything...we are ugly to watch...like  a pick up team...it is not NBA...it's the rookie coach trying to reinvent the wheel...we are ugly. 

6 hours ago, Commadoor Sixty-four said:

Pau is wrong. There is plenty of beauty. The problem really is we have four years more to look forward to bad basketball only to find that once these players get good their agent will be moving them along to a contender.

What is really lacking in the game is not beauty but a competitive spirit. Players just want to create overpowered super teams and win an uncontested championship and that's it.

Also if you don't think that the NBA and Adam silver had anything to do with all these top level players parsing themselves out to a handful of teams, you are naive. which is fine as far as it goes at least you don't have one overblown super team but the fact of the matter is is that the NBA ain't fair, and the grizzlies are just a blip on the map. 

The point is that just because you got Jaren Jackson Jr and Ja Morant and a handful of nice young players and think all right we got what we needed now we can go win a championship, lol.

the job is not even close to being done because you got to convince those players to stay in Memphis which is most likely not going to happen, the NBA is against it the agents of free agents are against it sometimes the players themselves are against it so yeah welcome to the reality, that is: having a superstar on your team and you ain't a high-level destination city.

56 minutes ago, Gradey said:

Our problem is the other team keeps scoring more points than we do.

In this case, quiet a few more.   🙃     It was an ugly game in the 4th.    I stopped watching with around 5 minutes left.     To them who remained watching - game ball !

18 hours ago, smit-tay griz said:

Some truth there probably, but we expected it, didn't we!!!????

I predicted this is the trade Morant thread, not like it was hard to do

6 minutes ago, Subliminal said:

I predicted this is the trade Morant thread, not like it was hard to do

What!!??  We're back to trading him for Coby White?  I din't get the memo!  Why doesn't anyone tell me these things!!??

9 minutes ago, smit-tay griz said:

What!!??  We're back to trading him for Coby White?  I din't get the memo!  Why doesn't anyone tell me these things!!??

No lol that slothbluff would be back after things get ugly again