I❤️JV

What's wrong with Jaren?

Primary big men now either need to be highly efficient rim runners or volume pick and pop 3 point shooters (hitting at a decent clip).

Jaren has potential as a binge pick and pop 3 point shooter.  He's tall, long, and solidly athletic but not overly explosive -- so he isn't really a rim runner.  Hopefully he can work on that.

WCJ seems like a high post scorer and rebounder to me.  Good skill set, but maybe an overpay in terms of draft position.  

Who has the more valuable skill set?  Well, neither can defend from the bench so foul trouble is a big issue.  Jaren is more comfortable putting up 3's and with our system (Ja Ball), pick/pop is the most valued skill set.  Now, you obviously have to put a rebounder next to him.  

I think we will know more by the end of the year.  Ironically, Jaren and WCJ would probably be a good big man pairing.  Maybe we can get WCJ cheap in a draft night trade (pick swap maybe).

21 hours ago, GrizzTigerFan said:

Because as it currently stands - Jaren really is the 4th option in the starting lineup.     Think about it.

Jonas is the best post player.   Ja is the best slasher/off dribble creator.   Dillon is the best floor spacer.    Jaren isn't a better option over any of them today.     All he can do is be stretch 4 and camp out on the perimeter.      

GTF, you wanna rethink this statement now?

JJJ is soft. He won't be as bad as strotential but also won't be fulfilled potential. 

Just his crappy rebounding as a big will ensure that.

25 minutes ago, Teddy.B said:

JJJ is soft. He won't be as bad as strotential but also won't be fulfilled potential. 

Just his crappy rebounding as a big will ensure that.

So says Mr Tough Guy

1 hour ago, FrenchGrizzlies said:

30 min for 14 points,4 rbd, 1 assist and 2TO, nothing impressive here but at least some progress. Hope he will play well tomorrow and get some confidence back.

considering the style of play and sharing alot of time with ja/dillon/jv that would be a good stat line.

Ill give JJJ a few more games. He's only 19. Still needs to learn some things. He wont be a 25 PPG type of guy. He's a 20/10 in my mind. 

3 hours ago, grizzgolf said:

Ill give JJJ a few more games. He's only 19. Still needs to learn some things. He wont be a 25 PPG type of guy. He's a 20/10 in my mind. 

10 rebounds a game? Quite ambitious