Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MemphisX

2009 Free Agency

2 guys I really like a and think we target. This is if we get a PF in the draft.

1-Marquis Daniels

2- Rodney Carney

Nah, we don't need either of these guys with Sam Young and Carroll in the fold. We need a combo guard, a barbosa type of player and we need a top flight pf.

carlos boozer and chris andersen please!

conley/mayo

mayo/qrich/carroll

gay/young

boozer/arthur/andersen

thabeet/gasol

that should get us about 15-20 more wins if boozer can stay healthy.

a lot of interchangeable defensive/offensive pieces

if memphis gets boozer, rasheed wallace, or chris anderson aka birdman they are automatically a playoff team with the depth of the trailblazers.

birdman alone doesn't put us there but birdman and either wallace boozer or milsap does

I'd love it if we could get Lamar Odom. But I bet the Lakers are going to show him the money, particularly after they traded for cash yesterday... I quite like Anderson, but I don't particularly like him for our team. Rasheed would be nice though. There is no way Carlos Boozer comes to Memphis, I don't think.

birdman alone doesn't put us there but birdman and either wallace boozer or milsap does

Milsap... No... Boozer turns Rudy Gay in a 25 ppg player and Rasheed Wallace can drag PF out to the 3 making it easier for Rudy Gay to take it to the basket.... Chris Anderson is a beast and I believe his D is what the Grizz need and it will be enough to get them into the playoffs

Milsap... No... Boozer turns Rudy Gay in a 25 ppg player and Rasheed Wallace can drag PF out to the 3 making it easier for Rudy Gay to take it to the basket.... Chris Anderson is a beast and I believe his D is what the Grizz need and it will be enough to get them into the playoffs

replace milsap with lamar odom

Give me Antony Johnson and Boozer. I actually kinda like the lineup in my Sig

Glen Davis, Celtics (RFA) (7 ppg, 4 rpg) Age: 23.

Davis made himself a lot of money this post-season filling in for the injured Kevin Garnett and Leon Powe, and almost helping lead the Celtics to a second round upset of the Magic. Big Baby has erased any concern there was when he entered the NBA about being too soft or undersized to play the four at this level. With Leon Powe also a restricted free agent, it is unlikely Boston can afford to re-sign both players and will likely see one of them leave Beantown. Davis will probably cost more than Powe and may want to pursue an opportunity to start with a younger team rather than backing up KG.

Prediction: signs 5 year, $33 million with Grizzlies

Hakim Warrick, Grizzlies (RFA) (11.6, 5.0 rpg) Age: 26.

Warrick has been productive the last three seasons for the Grizzlies but is still a bit of a tweener which hurts his value. He primarily played the power forward position in Memphis, but is physically better suited at the three since he not is a very physical force. Any team that hopes to add Warrick will have to pay a pretty hefty price as the Griz will likely match any lowball contract he signs.

Prediction: accepts qualifying offer with Grizzlies

This according to

http://walterfootball.com/nbafreeagents2009pf.php

Glen Davis, Celtics (RFA) (7 ppg, 4 rpg) Age: 23.

Davis made himself a lot of money this post-season filling in for the injured Kevin Garnett and Leon Powe, and almost helping lead the Celtics to a second round upset of the Magic. Big Baby has erased any concern there was when he entered the NBA about being too soft or undersized to play the four at this level. With Leon Powe also a restricted free agent, it is unlikely Boston can afford to re-sign both players and will likely see one of them leave Beantown. Davis will probably cost more than Powe and may want to pursue an opportunity to start with a younger team rather than backing up KG.

Prediction: signs 5 year, $33 million with Grizzlies

Hakim Warrick, Grizzlies (RFA) (11.6, 5.0 rpg) Age: 26.

Warrick has been productive the last three seasons for the Grizzlies but is still a bit of a tweener which hurts his value. He primarily played the power forward position in Memphis, but is physically better suited at the three since he not is a very physical force. Any team that hopes to add Warrick will have to pay a pretty hefty price as the Griz will likely match any lowball contract he signs.

Prediction: accepts qualifying offer with Grizzlies

This according to

http://walterfootball.com/nbafreeagents2009pf.php

Glen Davis..Ill pass..Boozer, Lee, and Charlie v..cool..

YO

Jus a sig...Nickname...Real Name-Mario (YO)

YO

Cool I like the idea of having guys that can wreck havoc. I think we have to realize that this will make Rudy, Conley, Oj, and Gasol better. Having guys with hard nosed personality effects the whole team. I feel getting guys with something to prove make you stronger. Getting an Jeff Adrien makes up for not getting DeJuan Blair same player. The one difference Adrien played for a better coach which makes a difference.

I feel getting Boozer and maybe someone like Johnson is the key. Adding those guys would bolster the entire team. I hope we bring Hak back. Hak's add to the bench as far as scoring is concern.

Cool I like the idea of having guys that can wreck havoc. I think we have to realize that this will make Rudy, Conley, Oj, and Gasol better. Having guys with hard nosed personality effects the whole team. I feel getting guys with something to prove make you stronger. Getting an Jeff Adrien makes up for not getting DeJuan Blair same player. The one difference Adrien played for a better coach which makes a difference.

I feel getting Boozer and maybe someone like Johnson is the key. Adding those guys would bolster the entire team. I hope we bring Hak back. Hak's add to the bench as far as scoring is concern.

Agreed...

YO